Work In Progress New Vendor Discount System!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hello! We are pleased to announce a new vendor discount system for additional gear sets.

When Amazon Fury Part III launched with its new best-gear-in-vendor progression system, the community rejoiced, but also noted the costs, which were significant and appropriate for the very best gear in the game.

Those costs were set based on core progression expectations, in that most players obtain one set of gear and move on. Enthusiasts, who also wished to obtain a second set of gear for their off role, and alt-enthusiasts, who also wished to obtain first and/or second sets of gear for their many alternate characters, were less excited to repeat that process. At the time, we noted the feedback and communicated that alt problems require alt solutions, and that's what we have been working on.

New Vendor Discount System (for additional gear sets)!

We have created the capability to reduce the cost of vendor gear based on feats you have completed, and we are planning to implement this in our next Game Update with gear from Amazon Fury Part III. Using this system, this essentially means that gear vendor costs will be reduced after the first set of gear has been completed.

Here's how it will work specifically:
    • The feat for completing the visual AFIII vendor gear is called Humbled Hero. This feat has been modified so that, once complete, the vendor costs for the items included in the feat are reduced by 50%.
    • The feat for completing the visual AFIII elite vendor gear is called The King Has Returned. This feat has been modified so that, once complete, the vendor costs for the items included in the feat are reduced by 50%.
      • Reduced costs apply to Head, Back, Chest, Legs, Feet, Waist, Hands, and Shoulders
    This system directly impacts enthusiasts who want a second set of gear. Without doing anything else but getting the first set, the second set's costs are automatically reduced.

This system also works with the existing feat unlock system. Alt-enthusiasts can choose to unlock either of these two feats on alternate characters (using replay badges). Those alternate characters then immediately see the discounted vendor costs (now having the feat completed) and are able to buy their first and/or second sets with the discount.

As always, we are here to answer your questions and consider any feedback or thoughts you have on the new system.
    • Like x 35
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

SSUUUUUUUPPPPPPPEEEERRRRR GREAT!!!!!
    • Like x 9
  3. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

4. Boston Phantom Well-Known Player

Nice. Thank you Devs.
    • Like x 2
  5. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

i feel ike u say this for every thread :p
    • Like x 8
  6. Caroline Dedicated Player

Now I will be able to maintain my alts, thank you very much.
    • Like x 2
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

Regarding the Elite Gear, the Renown levels are Feats too right so if I got Friendly theres a feat for it? Or do those alts still need to run Elite to gain that Renown?
    • Like x 2
  8. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Very nicely done...... I wish this woulda come out with AF3, but honestly better late than never. GJ devs.
  9. IamINC Dedicated Player

Decent addition and something the community actually wants!

Thank you.
    • Like x 2
  10. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

thank you mepps !! your the best buddy !!!
  11. Sivulla Dedicated Player

In my perspective thats a bit of positive development update for a chance, or atleast in the right direction.

See how subtle my memes are.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The alt characters will still need the renown to actually purchase the items. The discount will be there waiting when they have the requirement met and can actually buy the gear.
    • Like x 1
  13. Belthazur Dedicated Player

WOW..I did NOT See this coming. I am not an Alt Builder but THANK you..
    • Like x 1
  14. Cyro Committed Player

Will this impact elite as well? As in complete elite and that is 50% off as well?
    • Like x 1
  15. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

Yay! (^_^)

Now gimmie the Custom Sparkle Fingers (Custom Lantern Power Rings) and the Light Material (Lantern NPC Material). >_>
    • Like x 4
  16. SasquaT Dedicated Player

What about those who already got all vendor items for 2 roles ?
    Let me guess .Thx for supporting the game right ? :)
    • Like x 4
  17. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Yes it Impacts Both Sets
    • Like x 1
  18. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

Mepps said,"....The feat for completing the visual AFIII elite vendor gear is called The King Has Returned. This feat has been modified so that, once complete, the vendor costs for the items included in the feat are reduced by 50%.
    • Reduced costs apply to Head, Back, Chest, Legs, Feet, Waist, Hands, and Shoulders...."
    Hope that helps. (^_^)
    • Like x 1
  19. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Also This is just now hitting Test? correct. So not live till proper testing?
  20. Pults Loyal Player

just put it up for free. Nobody wants to grind out a set for 3 months and then start working on an alt. Any sane person tries to play all at the same time or doesn't play them at all due to this ep.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.