Work In Progress Development Update: Episode 27 Gear and Progression

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Try again, son. OP items are NOT really elite and have the EXACT SAME CR as the regular and elite gear currently.

Take your own advice and "don't jump the gun" lol. OP gear has NOT CARRIED A HIGHER ITEM LEVEL since the Throne face piece. FACT.

OP hands from both DP and RIT are the EXACT SAME item level as their regular and elite alert feat style counterparts. OP helm from PZ is the EXACT SAME item level as the regular helm. OP ring from KCT is the EXACT SAME item level as the rings you have to make. OP neck from BBS is the EXACT SAME item level as the regular neck that drops. OP waist from PB is the EXACT SAME item level as the regular waist that drops. OP chest from DWF is the EXACT SAME item level as the regular chest that drops.

Come back at me when you have some relevant facts to back up your comment.
    • Like x 1
  2. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Nice. Somebody's been reading Ubisoft Massive's playbook.
    Too bad this change isn't game-wide. The inconsistencies with progression between tiers needs to be rectified so that the entire game uses one simple, easy to understand system that doesn't have players being forced to consult the meta to figure out what the hell they are supposed to do to get their teir's gear.

Knew it was only a matter of time before vendor gear made it's return to prominence. Disappointed it took so long, though. Whoever made the call to do this, thanks. <3
    • Like x 1
  3. iClip Committed Player

So after watching the recorded stream and w/o seeing it on test or anything, I will say this........
    The art department did a AMAZING job with this. I LOVE how the environments look. I'd be willing to pay 20 bucks to have a league hall that looks like those environments.

Very small critique, it look like it's on the ground not floating above everything like it's kinda supposed to be.
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

#Bestgearvendorgear that thread finally made a true difference. It only took 1.5 years for it to make the difference a reality.

Overall I am impressed. However we will see how things play out in november.

Considering CR differential will still be in play along with AM and role exclusion / power exclusion /CR exclusion.

But for the most part and from what I saw in the livestream, everything in that DLC is fantastic until it hits live and real criticism begins
    • Like x 1
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Can we expect that at some point in the future these episode specific currencies will be converted to Marks of Victory again like Marks of War (T4) and Marks of Reality (T5) when the respective tiers ended? I have some concerns that it will take unnecessarily long to gear up alts through these once there is more higher tier content.

Also, does this mean that AF3 will be worthless for progression once the next Episode is out? With symbols, past content could at least contribute to an extend. With the new system it looks like AF3 will have no use whatsoever since Marks of Victory aren't part of progression anymore. Content longevity has been criticized for a while and now locking out even 3 month old content from progression seems to make it worse.
    • Like x 2
  6. N Dub New Player

So since it says we have to be "wearing" a full set of vendor gear, we will not be able to wear our current OP gear if we want to get these new collection drops?....

I hope that as long as we have a complete vendor gear set purchased and in our inventory, it would count.
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I'm so excited for this DLC and that #BestGearVendorGear is gonna happen.

EDIT: also, please give us Athena's helm somehow...it's beautiful.
  8. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Here we go with these crazy symbols for gear again....seems like THE GAME IS CYCLIC LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD!
    • Like x 1
  9. Ichiro Loyal Player

Suggestion:

Can renown be earn as a global account currency sort of like prestige but just for your account? It would make alts more valuable and playable if each one could add to the renown account then they all could buy elite gear rather than individual renown for each character.

I would suggest after each episode is released the previous episode vendor gear and currency be converted back to marks of victory. That way we don't get the long list of useless maxed out currency that we had when symbols were a thing.
  10. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Can people who are in the relevant cr range get a coin in the vault instead of a mark? Would be worth running the vault again.
    • Like x 1
  11. Not him Well-Known Player

I just hope that we don't have to deal with something like 12 collections pieces as per mist auras,but it seems that greed first everything else later (maybe) collecting those piece will take a longer while,hope there is still people running early T7 content cause I'm far away from being able to run this,so for what I care I can happily wait till January or March to probably drop some care and catch up
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I think when you're in there playing, you'll notice the sea of clouds surrounding Olympus.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It was a better system with unique marks. I think they're realizing not everything they did was broken, hence why the revert back 2-3 years.

Don't question it, just embrace it with wide open arms and say "I missed you DCUO"
  14. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

The difference is that we wont need MoV to purchase it.
    And renown is actually gonna mean something. Loving that.
    Seems like my hiatus is coming to an abrupt end.
  15. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

I am concerned about this as well. Would be really nice to get an answer on this mepps.
  16. Sooner Well-Known Player

Thought about this some. Yes, it seems pretty cool, we need the gear for the next set or the bonuses. BUT do we need to actually wear the armor to get the upgrade drops or just have equipped it once. I left STO because they went to a "you need to wear the full gear to get the cool stuff" thing. Inventory was full of armor for x, armor for y, armor for z, etc. Got to a point where you had to start buying bank slots just to store inventory in case you want to go back and do parts of episode 27 again.

Is this heading down the same path. If I get so far in 27 and happy with what I have, and then move on to episode 28, does that mean I have to store all that gear in my bank so when ever I want to do "upgrades" on armor, I have to put that back on for epi 27? Wouldn't this then basically be stat clamping on going back and doing old episodes under the new system if we have to remove everything but epi 27 stuff to play it to get the drops?

OR is it that whenever we equip it, the system logs we have it and we can sell it at a vendor, salvage it, etc. without having to go back and get that same piece over again to do something else in the episode?
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

Wait, what about the OP gear? Has it a fixed value or no?
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, OP gear is fixed.
    • Like x 1
  19. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Are you able to answer what people are having concerns about regarding op gear. For instance if I have a full set of dps gear but I decide to troll a raid, will I still get op collection pieces even if I don't have full troll gear but I do have full dps gear.
  20. YoCuro Active Player

What about the vendor gear is that fixed too?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.