Gotham TV Premiere!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Davon (Crisis Core), Sep 22, 2014.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Pepper Ivy (or whatever they have changed her name to) was in the first episode, she even talked to Hippie Bruce

Guessing they had to come up with some way to advance her age so she wasn't pedo-bait (picture that promo again, in that guys apartment, but with Lil Ivy :eek: )
    • Like x 1
  2. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Gordon raises a good point. We won't be getting that Uma Thurman version. Thank God.
    • Like x 1
  3. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

I loved uma
    • Like x 1
  4. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

No idea what you're talking about, sorry. If you have seen the first episode of season 3, you would know how she's going to grow old so quickly. I was talking about her obviously returning after "dying" in the premiere.
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Did see the first episode, and the last we saw of Pepper Ann Ivy was her running away from Hippie Bruce and him shouting out "Who is Bruce Wayne?"
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Nope. The last we saw was her being attacked by Fish Mooney and her goons. The goon who turn people old grabbed her, but Ivy managed to escape, only to fall to her "doom" and vanish. The next we see her, she'll most likely be grown up.

Btw you can see the scene (if a bit briefly) at 0:20 in the promo "Ivy is reborn".
    • Like x 1
  7. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Yeah, we're getting the Ivy that we saw the comics the next time we see her.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Seriously doubt we'll get the comic-book version next time. Or at all. We'll most likely get a Gotham-version of Ivy. ;) I want to see this one:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Gordon said in the preview that we're getting the comic version of Ivy. She'll be "more seductive". I look
    forward to it.
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. "More seductive". Meaning they don't understand the character at all, so they are giving us the Gotham-version of her. I'm ok with them screwing up the origin entirely, but I had hoped they could at least keep th essence of her intact. Buuuut no. So disappointing. The only "comic book" about her on Gotham is her age. Nothing else.
    • Like x 1
  11. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Seriously, we're getting the right version of her. More like the Batman: TAS version. I am so looking forward to meeting
    the new Poison Ivy.
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

How do you know we're getting the right version of her? Because they say so? These are the same people who gave us buckethead Clayface, have introduced at least three Joker's so far (Barbara, Jerome and that woman in the circus-theatre-thingy), who killed off Maroni and ruined Firefly. I don't exactly have high hopes for anything they do anymore. And normally, I'm fine with it. I think Gotham is a very stupid tv-show where you just have to shut off your brain and roll with it, but I also think Poison Ivy is an amazing character when done right. But "more sexiness" isn't exactly what I have in mind. If I wanted a one-dimensional character, I'd just watch a DC movie instead.
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Hmm, the one we (over here) saw get bad-touched by Fish's school of losers, was Peabody
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Then you didn't see the whole episode. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  16. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Mad Hatter, baby. F yes!
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Next, you are going to tell me it didn't end with Bruce getting brat-napped :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Sigh... no idea what you're getting at, but I'm too tired for this BS.
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just what relationship does Val Vale have to Vicki Vale? Older sister or mother?
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Damnit Pengie, you fell for one of the oldest ploys in the business: "You can't kill me! I created you!! You owe everything to me!!!" You know how to get them to stop going on about it? With a high-velocity bullet up the nose!!

The only people who would know that crap, are you and the one who 'created' you, and they are dead and you don't give a crap

Is Gordon that desperate to get laid he will sleep with any one? And was really hoping that psycho Lee was gone for good, what wind brought that foul stench back?

Good to see Hippie Bruce find his way to Wayne Manor, but seriously, does no one ever use the front door at that place? o_O
    • Like x 1