Gotham TV Premiere!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Davon (Crisis Core), Sep 22, 2014.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]

• Like x 1
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  3. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Right.... That was an interesting episode. Not sure what I think of the series at this point, but I guess it's like Under the dome, Lost, Helix and other crap shows like that. They are by no means great, but fun enough if you just shut off your brain and stop trying to make any kind of sense out of them. Good shows have certain rules established early on what you can and can't do. Bad shows break the rules. Gotham seems to make up the rules as they go. I remember back in the Breaking Bad days, some people discussed how dark it was going to get. With Gotham, I guess the question is how bad it's going to get. And trust me, if you haven't seen the season 3 premiere, it's going to get worse. Think season 2 was stupid? You've seen nothing yet. :D

But know what? That's a good thing. Despite how bad this premiere was, I really enjoyed the hell out of it. I could say a lot about it, but "boring" it's not. Far from it. It actually made me look forward to the rest of the season, if only to see how ridiculous it's going to get. It's a "Mad City" indeed. And I love it. :)
    • Like x 2
  4. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Yeah, a clone of Bruce running around , what is this? Spiderman?
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

And that was the sanest part. :p
    • Like x 1
  6. Ashrode Well-Known Player

Looking around at the reviews... this is just becoming a mess. At least the Arrowverse had spin-offs and gradually introduced the insanity, this just seems to have overdosed on the meta-humans.

As I've said before, just make Jim Gordon Batman, it's their only way out of this mess now... that or Star Trek Enterprise it and reveal he's actually Booster Gold starring in a dreadfully inaccurate TV docudrama.
    • Like x 1
  7. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Much like the new agents of shield zzzzz
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It's supposed to be a mess, this is pre-Batman Gotham, during the often-talked about Gang Wars, things are just going to get darker and messier before Penguin finally wins and Brat Wayne digi-volves into Brat-man

This is like Smallville where they went ten long years before Clack finally donned the Blue & Red (and ended the show)
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Actually, it was supposed to be a regular(ish) crime series, just set in Gotham long before Batman showed up, and that's why the first season is pretty decent. But after that, they gave up on the initial premise and went all insanity. Season three just takes it a step further. Makes me wonder how season four is going to be. :D

But to be fair, this isn't exactly something new. Big Bang Theory used to be about social awkward nerds doing nerdy stuff, and the two first seasons are classics because of that. But then they decided to change it into a run of the mill, boring romance sitcom with more or less regular people, just like any other sitcom. It's now starting its 10th season, so clearly it's doing something right ratings-wise. But it's not Big Bang Theory anymore. Arrow used to be a semi-realistic superhero-series, but introducing Deathstroke was questionable. Now we've had Damian Dahrk, and next season is probably going to go even further. Then again, they've already gone ot Hell, so how can they make it even dumber? :p ("How's Constantine?" "He's in hell." "Oh... hope it gets better." "No, I mean he's literally in Hell.") :D

I hope this isn't a spoiler, but I couldn't help notice Jada Pinket Smith is a "special guest star", though. I really hope it means she won't be around for long. Sure the new and improved Fish Mooney is, well, new and improved, but I still hate her. A lot. Then again, we finally (FINALLY!!!!!) got the "Penguins eat fish..."-line we've been waiting for since season one. Yay!
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Anyone who saw the last (two?) episode(s) of Season Two knew Fishtits was coming back (and don't worry, most forumites hate her as well :mad: )
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Yeah, she's back. But back to stay? That's the question. Not going to spoil anything, but I can see a good reason why she'll be leaving soon... and why she's likely to stay at least the first half of the season.
    • Like x 1
  12. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I agree, Penguin or Gordon should kill Fish by mid season. I am happy how the Season 3 started out.
    The 1st episode was almost as good as Episode 1. The part where Barbara and her crazy friend brutally
    killed those guys was just sick. Those 2 seriously need to be committed. I do like that Selina is so eager
    to turn in Fish to Gordon. I do expect more development in the "hippie Bruce" plot. With The Riddler in
    Arkham, he's obviously out of action. Too bad, I like him. Penguin is clearly acting like himself from Season
    1. I like the preview for Epi. 2. It looks like a good Epi.
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Why the knock-knock is Cat working for Fishlips?

You would have thought Brat Wayne would have had more sense: he leaves Alfred to lock up, hears some noise and comes back to find Alfred on the floor and doesn't check to make sure there is no one else there? What, he thought Alfred decided to take a nap or maybe had a heart attack or something? o_O

Who is that reporter chick? Didn't manage to catch her name (obviously isn't Vicki Vale)

And no, that was not Man-bat
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Totally. Season 2 wasn't bad, but this seems to be a lot better than that. Oh, sure, it's so far away from the initial premise that's it's pretty much a whole new series by now, but I like it a lot. It's stupid, but fun. Or to quote Training Day: "It's crap, but it's entertaining crap." :p

I know this might sound weird, but I keep getting the feeling Barbara will turn into the Joker. And yes, at first glance that doesn't make sense. But what part of this series makes any kind of sense, anyway? The future commisioner Gordon first being fired, then working as a security guard in Arkham, and is now running around as a bounty hunter? Barbara getting killed, only to pop up like nothing happened? Fish Mooney ripping her own eye out in one episode, only to have a new one in the next? Theo Gallahan being killed and resurrected as Azrael? Or Alfread being in a big fight, laying on the floor covered in blood and holding a long dialogue - and THEN passing out without anyone touching him? WTF? :D

Besides, this is Gotham pre-Batman, and thus, most likely pre-Joker. That could mean Barbara will turn into the Joker at some point, and Gordon's nemesis. Then, near the end of the series, she could get killed (for real this time), but someone else turns into the real Joker instead. We've already had TWO Scarecrows, so why not? :D

EDIT: Nooooot to mention... Gordon has a fiancé. Fiancé is completely insane and tries to kill him over and over and over. Gordon marries someone else and have a daughter... and names her after crazy ex-fiancé. Really? :D

True, and now it's personal. Fish killed Ivy. Bad idea. :D

We're one episode in. Of course we're getting more Clone Bruce. The question is how? Personally, I think it would be hilarious if the Court of Owls sent an assassin to kill Bruce, but he killed the clone instead. Oooopsie. :p Though I think a more realistic approach is the usual "who's who". Good Bruce gone, Bad Bruce moves in, Alred not having a clue Bruce isn't the real one. The same, old story all over again.

Because no one ever escapes from Arkham. :p

I don't watch previews or promos, but yeah, Penguin is finally getting there. Just... don't stand on a the roof yelling "I'm king of Gotham!" again, please? Lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

She didn't kill Ivy. She was pushed into plant toxins like Batman & Robin. Later this season, will return as Poison Ivy.
    That's right folks. The prettiest and most charismatic Batman baddy is about to be show herself. I know, we couldn't
    tell for sure, but that was not acid. It was plant toxins.
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Of course Ivy is going to return. But Selina doesn't know that.
    • Like x 1
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Ivy is reborn
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Old news for most of us. ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I look forward to this 1. Just as long as its not Ivy from Batman & Robin. I want the one from Batman:TAS.
    That one was a perfect comic book version of Ivy.
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

I'd much rather have this one than the usual "lol, I'm a villain".

[IMG]
    • Like x 1