He-Man Movie

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by sirzap, Aug 20, 2015.

1. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Your good wishes are well received. And I duly apologize for trolling such a serious topic as He Man. For all I know, we could have cured cancer and I derailed the topic with picture of Neil Patrick Harris. My sincerest apologies.
  2. The Vigilante Committed Player

Awesome. No apology is necessary. I do not believe a cancer cure can be garnered from our discourse but if it can enhance your mood and make your day brighter then it is not in vain and that in and of itself helps to combat cancer. Again, no apology is necessary as long as you found humor and entertainment in our discussion. I am here for you bro.
  3. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well it appears the He-man movie is gaining traction at Sony. Director McG has begun meeting with possible actors for the film. The latest is Legend of Hercules and Twilight star Kellan Lutz, who met with the director for early discussions on the film. However, he doesn't specify who exactly he's being eyed for.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
    MotU McRuined.
    • Like x 2
  6. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

I don't mind this dude as He-man. It's hard to find someone who looks the part. But he needs to be surrounded by really good actors.

Also, if he's gonna go from Prince Adam to He-man, maybe do that thing from Captain America: The First Avenger, and make him really small and thin. I'd probably be ok with him just always being He-man. It always bothered 8-year old me that he had to change into He-man. Why not just always be He-man, since he looks exactly the same?

I wouldn't mind if the filmmakers take some liberties with this. Masters of the Universe is like a weird mix of sword & sorcery and high-tech. I can see how that would be difficult to make it work, cinematically. Also, this should not take place on Earth. At all.

McG!?!?!?!?!?!? ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  7. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

You should read the new comics from DC. (He Man: The Eternia Wars.) Been a while since I read it, but if I rememeber correctly, things weren't going so well. Prince Adam was given a vision by the goddess of the future, and had to make a horrible choice. If he went all He-Man on the bad guys, he would win the fight, but with terrible losses, and he risked getting corrupted by the powers. So instead, he had to give up his powers entirely, and save the world as prince Adam. There is of course a lot more too it than that, but I really liked that twist. Brute force isn't always the answer. The Hulk is awesome, but most of the time, you need to look to Bruce Banner for the answer. :)

I'm skeptical, but I'm not against him either. He hasn't done all that much as a producer that I like, but he has done a ton of stuff as an EP. Even Supernatural, The O.C., Nikita, Chuck and Human Target. Plus, most of his series as EP has lasted a long time. Surely we can give him some credit? :)
  8. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

I assume it was all the other people involved that made those shows good. I think big budget movies are above his pay-grade. It's likely that the only reason he was given MotU is no one else wants it. He's proven that he can make entertaining music videos out of bland rock. Stick to what you know McG. Please.
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

As I said, most of the the things he's beein involved in has been good. I think it's too many things to be a coincidence. True, he had help with all of those, and he was only an EP on most of those. But he won't be making the He-Man movie alone. If he's smart, he'll use all the help he can get to make it, even if it's just taking advice from a friend over lunch.

Plus, the movie already has two things going for it. First of all, it can't be much worse than the last one. And second, it's not Michael Bay. Win-win. :D
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

He certainly can't be worse than Michael "NO, the explosions need to be BIGGER!!!" Bay
  11. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

He-Man & The Masters of Explosions. :p
    • Like x 1
  12. SuperBell Loyal Player

Probably Teela.
    • Like x 1
  13. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

They could ask the Rock to dye his hair. Or wear a wig or something. Basically, looking at Hollywood, the only way to make it a "real" MotU movie would be casting Momoa and the Rock for every role except the females and Orco and have them change costumes real fast, then hire voice actors. CGI will disguise the heads....
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Nothing to do with the movie, but, it's official, Filmation's He-man is back? :eek:
  16. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Dafuq did I just watch?
  17. TheDamnedLover New Player

An adaptation of a series that was never good in the first place. YeY. :rolleyes:
  18. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

The old series definitely had its charms. So did She-Ra, and I enjoy the He-Man & The Eternity Wars comics (on going last I checked) from DC, but this... ugh... no.
  19. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

There was nothing on the movie until the director himself in an interview discussed the status about the early production. I'm still not too sure about this :confused:

20. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Where can you find this? I was a huge fan of the show, when I was kid.