He-Man Movie

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by sirzap, Aug 20, 2015.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Bicycle-shorts under the skirt? Because showing anything else would look like underwear and attract the pedo-bears? o_O
    Personally blame the "long-john's looks better than swim-trunks" crowd :p

Under-pants (on the outside) looks better than no-pants outdoors
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^ Blame Crossfit.
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

No, it's not Thundercats Go bad, I'll give you that. But I can honestly say that art style isn't working for me. It might be a simple matter of being too used to the Filmation styles or the designs they went with in the rebooted He-man series a few years back, but that art style just doesn't seem to fit for me.
  4. Helderman Dedicated Player

That's... offensive. What is she, a breastless twelve year old? And what the... Catra and Adora are what, BBF? And I was not a fan of Bow but this version... sucks! And the art style, YEEEERRRGHH!
    • Like x 2
  5. She-Ra Well-Known Player

I am a big fan of the 1980s She-Ra cartoon and though this reboot has taken liberties with creation (the still-shots were not flattering), I'm still going to give it a go. I'm happy that She-Ra in any adaptation is getting some light.

Here are some of the previews I've seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=LGBxumjYrSE

I like what I have seen thus far but I'm still not sold on it due to not being able to see a full episode, so I will have to wait and see in a week when it comes to Netflix. Until then don't forget what Loo-Kee taught us back in the day about people and new things.

(21:36)
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2igfi9

Thanks
  6. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Folks, seriously: the Netflix remake of the She-Ra series deserves a thread of its own. Only people who know that there have been posts here already will look into a thread about a movie that's permanently changing status between "cancelled", "on hold", "scheduled" and "post-poned" :D
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I think I'd like to see someone like Dave Bautista as He-Man, where he's huge and ripped, but has that ridiculous humor down, to be funny without quipping and acting like he is intentionally trying to be funny.
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess noone can possibly top dolph lundgren...
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    Not trying to change the thread but it is He-man related. Well more specifically, Netflix's SHE-RA, which was horrendous. Each episode got worst and worst. I mean, seriously, I had to fast forward scenes to speed through the cringe. I would not recommend this to anyone. When an unnecessary agenda takes precedence over making a good story where each character fits organically regardless of sexuality, gender, race etc., you know its going to be a dumpster fire
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. She-Ra Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    In addition to what She-Ra wrote, the He-Man movie is moving forward
    • Like x 1
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

no one there is already a he-man movie, Hollywood needs some new ideas
  14. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Umm, well........

15. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

What in the world???? I HATE Centineo so much. Go to his Instagram Page. He's a narcissistic weirdo. And he's only famous for his looks. He's a trash actor.

I'm normally OK with casting but this honestly crosses the line.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

This Centineo would make a great She-Man, or maybe a Battle-cat chewtoy
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    :p LOL. I personally haven't seen Centineo's work in film but the guy is only in talks with Sony to play the part. And this being the case, it appears the studio is looking for an actor on the cheap who also worked with them before. At best, if Centineo does get the part, he'll probably get the Prince Adam part.
    • Like x 1
  18. sirzap Well-Known Player