He-Man Movie

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by sirzap, Aug 20, 2015.

1. SasquaT Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  2. Tannen Committed Player

I'm skeptical that they can make this good, having seen what they've done to so many of the things I grew up with (GI Joe, Transformers, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc), but I really really really hope they manage it. A well written and produced He Man movie would be awesome.
    • Like x 1
  3. Lemon Lass New Player

On a side note: we know that a Freshly Solar Charged Superman can beat even a Blue God Something Something Super Sayan

but I wanted to counter with:

He-Man Vs Goku Who would win this matchup? They Both have limits and are not usually OP[IMG]
  4. Vyltran Loyal Player

Nah, the thing is you envy Thor. Thor-eligion.. Believeee or get toasted!.
  5. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

But how do you approach this franchise, should they go serious Lord of the Rings style or with campy humor like Beastmaster. Tom Hiddleston as Skeletor?
  6. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Give it to a unknown like FF cast , it seems that's the way they r doing things now
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Remember Star Wars was basically filled with either unknowns or 'old-school' actors
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

A He-man movie? I know a new movie has been in the works but so far nothing. Wasn't James Wan attached to it as the director? I actually think maybe Alan Taylor from Game of Thrones could do the job, although Thor 2 (which he directed) was meh but I blame the writing and story.

As for fan-casting, they are as follows:
    [IMG]
    Chris Hemsworth as He-Man. Say what you will about the Thor movies but he is the closest we've gotten to He-Man on film plus he looks the part and once his contract with Marvel ends it wouldn't hurt him to have another franchise

[IMG]
    Liam Hemsworth as Prince Adam. Who better to play a younger, smaller and less suspecting version of Chris Hemsworth than his younger, smaller and less suspecting brother, plus he's better in drama than Chris.

[IMG]
    Adrianne Palicki can play Teela because aside from looking the part and talented, she has proven her action chops on more than one occasion and she has already worked with Chris Hemsworth, so the chemistry is already there.

[IMG]
    Eva Green as Evil-Lynn. She's as an actress who genuinely loves such villainous roles (Sin City: A Dame to Kill For and 300 Rise of an empire), not to mention her willingness to exploit her sexuality. I think she can play Evil-Lynn incredibly well, both straight forward and dramatic or super hammed up, lol

[IMG]
    Sean Bean as King Randor because the guy built a career on science fiction and fantasy and is an incredibly charismatic actor to boot. Throw in his obvious connection to Alan Taylor and GOT and you have an amazing choice for an actor to help anchor the story of Eternia and its royal family.

[IMG]
    Peter Dinklage as Orko. Sure Orko can be annoying as hell but when Peter Dinklage plays a character in a movie or show, that character becomes your favorite character. Even if he doesn't do much as Orko he would dominate the screen when he is on it. The only thing I would suspect that Orko would either be generated entirely by CGI. But just imagine the Dinklage as Orko and suddenly wrap your head around the concept of Orko being suddenly cool
    • Like x 2
  9. sirzap Well-Known Player

^^Thanks for posting that out. those are great choices. however I prefer someone else for Orko. Since he's CGI , I would prefer someone who could do the same voice as in the cartoons on TV. If you want Dinklage could be the narrator.

Speaking about voice over, I wonder if there is one for Battle Cat/ Cringer.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lemon Lass New Player

I can do Cringer
  11. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Seriously dude, it is a He Man thread and a Neil Patrick Harris pic. Laugh a little in life. You can project all the negative emotions on me to make yourself feel better if you wish. Taking such a serious tone in a He Man thread is moronic.

Im laughing at you, not with you.
  12. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Actually, He-Man has been said to not have a limit to his power if you go by the 80s show and comics. The power of Greyskull increases his strength as he needs it. The stronger his opponent, the stronger he is. Also to note that he has genius level intellect,
  13. dngnb8 Devoted Player

And a pair of sexy legs.... bow bow, chicka chickawwww
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

A 'genius level intellect' doesn't really mean s much as people think: just look at Smelly Shelly Cooper, he is (reportedly) a 'genius', but he can still be dumber than a sack of octopus balls, and that's on a good day
  15. The Vigilante Committed Player

You seem upset. I really hope you can have a better day today and that things go your way.

Well, because this is the internet ,I did not know you were laughing in the first place, let alone the context of your laugh but laughing helps to elevate your mood and so no matter why you are laughing I am glad for you.
  16. Yaoi Pope Dedicated Player

It blew my mind when watching Comic Book Men when they mentioned how the original He-Man cartoon (like Transformers) was a toy line first. And that the cartoon that followed were only made to help sale the toys.
  17. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

This reply makes me feel old :(
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Old, and sad :( :( :(
  19. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Not upset. I would be crying if I was upset. As I closed, I was laughing at you, not with you.

You seem to have a habit of projecting emotions onto others to make yourself feel better. I will let Dr Phil know your treatment for self esteem is coming along fine.

Im still laughing at you.

LOL@ upset He Man thread.
  20. The Vigilante Committed Player

Oh ok. You cry when you are upset. Well I am glad you are not and were not upset because I would hate for you to cry. Again as long as you were laughing and not crying I am happy for you.

The only emotion I am projecting is happiness because I wish that for you and and want you to feel better. I only hope good things come your way and that you are having a good day.

As long as you are laughing and in a good mood I am happy. Be well friend.