He-Man Movie

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by sirzap, Aug 20, 2015.

1. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

I'm on the fence about this. I was a huge He-Man and She-Ra fan back in the 80s, and I really liked the new comics from DC (Eternia Wars, and all that.) As for McG, he has done some good stuff, and some bad stuff. But he's very passionate about He-Man. I like that. At least he's not like that Resident Evil guy. "Cool name, bro. Let's make a movie series based on the name alone." Plus, while Earth is mentioned in the new He-Man movie, and yes, part of the movie might take place there, it's a part of the lore in the comics, too. He-Man's mom was born there. There's even a Masters of the Universe/DC Superheroes crossover comic with He-Man and Superman, among others. So having part of the movie set on Earth isn't as weird as it might sound. But rest assured, most of the movie is on Eternia.

So there are a ton of stuff I like already. However, it does sound like he's trying too hard to copy Marvel. That have me worried. I don't want a Guardians of the Galaxy rip-off, and certainly not with He-Man. I don't want an Avengers rip-off. I want He-Man to be his own thing. In fact, I think one of the major reasons why Marvel went with GotG in the first place was because of Star Wars. GotG has far too many similarities to Star Wars for my taste. There's the male and female heroes (Star-Lord and Gamora/Luke and Leia), a smuggler-type (Raccoon/Han Solo), an alien with a very low vocabulary (Groot/Chewie), a "special" spaceship, and even a hooded alien bad guy everyone is afraid of (Ronan/Darth Vader). GotG even took place on a huge prison space station. A death star, if you will. I do NOT want He-Man to be reduced to a poor man's Guardians of the Galaxy Far Far AWay. :(
    • Like x 1
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I found it on the official He-man YouTube account and I think also the official website.
  3. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Can you email the link? I'm used to love that show.
  4. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

5. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

Technically, it's another reboot (...or in the worst case: a sequel to the 1987 movie).
    Like anyone needed that.
    Hollywood lost its creativity some years ago.
    Only reboots & sequels everywhere.

However, if they really make that movie, I hope they stay true to the source material, instead of trying to melt the He-Man universe with the friggin 80s (or any other decade).
    I don't even know about the 2nd one, because the 1st movie was SO boring that I never had the slightest interest to watch the 2nd one.
    I like this choice very much! Exactly my thoughts.
    I loved Fastlane! If McG ist gonna direct it, at least we know the action part & visual staging will be right.
  6. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Oh, noes... they are rebooting a movie that came out 30 years ago? How dare they! :rolleyes: If you want to get technical, He-Man & The Masters of the Universe first appeared in public in the early 1980s, though he was "born" in the late 1970s, as a direct competitor to the Star Wars toys. Since then, He-Man has come and gone multiple times, with his current final comic (He-Man & The Eternia Wars) ending in February 2016. I don't know if they are planning more regular comics yet, though they have announced a He-Man/Thundercats crossover (according to Wikipedia.)

So in that way, the movie isn't a reboot of the last one. It's a new He-Man movie. Pretty much like Michael Baysplosion's Transformers-movies and Ninja Turtles-movies aren't "reboots". Reboots of what, exactly?
  7. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

BY THE HONOR OF GREYSKULL!

Hey Everyone
    It's been confirmed, Sony has revealed the release date for the live action He Man and the Masters of the Universe movie. It's set for Dec 18, 2019. Also, director McG that was initially attached is no longer with the project. However, there was insight that writer David Goyer will be penning the script.
  8. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Even Ryan Reynolds knows that:

As for releasing a release date:
    [IMG]

And that image also sums up what kind of movie I expect with Goyer in the script....

....may probably be even worse than the Honda commercial.

9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Lol I was quoting She Ra since He Man is on the way, she can't be too far off
    [IMG]
  10. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

There will never be a She-Ra movie. It's not in the system:

a) make He-Man movie
    b) prepare sequels, prequels and spin-offs
    c) trash everthing from step b) because the movie sucks
    d) wait 30 years
    e) go to step a) again

:p
  11. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

The new He-Man movie is OUT! Skeletor is the predominant protagonist.

Clip here...
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    An update on the MOTU film. Writer, David S. Goyer has penned the script and was interested in possibly directing the film but opted not to. Now the studio is currently looking for a new director.

So in the meantime, has anyone heard of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe indie PC game that is free :eek: I just heard of this after I was sent a link to it but OMG, it's awesome
    https://gamejolt.com/games/he-man/19434
    • Like x 1
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Actually he-Man's limit was picking up Castle Greyskull. He needed the power to help him stand up and throw it. (this was in one of the cartoons)
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Reason why then yo have to explain what happen to Adam or quote on quote have him die for he can be He-Man all the time. Then Man at Arms and Orko would have to constantly lie and go with the with lie on top of that.
  15. Helderman Dedicated Player

Then hire whoever made those laughable CGI rhinos of Black Panther to give life to Battle Cat
  16. sirzap Well-Known Player

watch out for 00:42 if you're looking for a battle cat CGI

and oh! there is a giant crab somewhere.... for Mer-Ma ;)
  17. sirzap Well-Known Player

18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    I know this is not about the He-man movie but it is He-man related. Netflix has unveiled a reboot of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power that will be released this year
    [IMG]
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

A Nuttflicked reBoot? Yeah, that will be awesome! (wait, where did the "Sarcasm Overload" button go?)
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Here is some recently revealed pics on the upcoming She-Ra remake.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    It doesn't look bad nor does it look as good as the original designs but at least its not Thundercats Go! bad. I'll give it a chance.