Mental AM bugged and over-parsing?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Rokyn, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Hey there. I was recently doping around testing and I was parsing Atomic and Gadgets. It came across to me to parse Mental since I've noticed Mental users that were doing incredible damage. At first I believed it was another bug or glitch but little did I find that Mental is actually exceeding baseline numbers. I'm not sure if this has been the case for a while and I'm not sure why nobody did a Tunso Test for it after the last Mental update.

Anyways here's the parses. Please feel free to replicate parses. If you would like to look at my log or further numbers, I can be willing to provide these.

And for the rotations, it's pretty straight forward. For the Invisibility rotations, start off in Invisibility activate your PR and then pop Mass Terror/Lev every time you go inside Invisibility. For Pyro rotations, you want cast it after every 3 Mass Terrors which ends up being 12 seconds for the total duration of the dot. If the rotations need to be more specific please let me know and I can go in detail.

Live Test:

Power = Mental
    CR = 126
    Might = 10426 (with Escalating Might)
    Enemies = the 3 Sparring Dummies (League Hall)
    Time = 300 seconds (30 samples of 10 second parses)
    Damage goals = 35500 / 30000 / 25500 : melee / mid-range / long-range

Melee

Rotation 1 (Mass Terror III)
    Loadout: Invisibility, Phantom Flames, Psychic Shock, Telekinetic Push, Mass Terror, Grandeur
    Melee average: 40,109.5 LINK

Rotation 2 (Mass Terror II plus Pyro)
    Loadout: Invisibility, Phantom Flames, Psychic Shock, Telekinetic Push, Mass Terror, Pyrokinesis
    Melee average: 39,803.2 LINK

Rotation 3 (Mass Terror II)
    Loadout: Psychic Resonance, Phantom Flames, Pyschic Shock, Telekinetic Push, Mass Terror, Grandeur
    Melee average: 38,191.2 LINK

Rotation 4 (Mass Terror plus Pyro)
    Loadout: Psychic Resonance, Phantom Flames, Pyschic Shock, Telekinetic Push, Mass Terror, Pyrokinesis
    Melee average: 36,580.2 LINK

Midrange

Loadout: Invisibility, Phantom Flames, Psychic Shock, Telekinetic Push, Mass Terror, Grandeur
    Melee average: 34,378.2 LINK

Rotation 2 (Mass Terror II plus Pyro)
    Loadout: Invisibility, Phantom Flames, Psychic Shock, Telekinetic Push, Mass Terror, Pyrokinesis
    Melee average: 35,261.2 LINK

Rotation 3 (Mass Terror II)
    Loadout: Psychic Resonance, Phantom Flames, Pyschic Shock, Telekinetic Push, Mass Terror, Grandeur
    Melee average: 32,223.6 LINK

Rotation 4 (Mass Terror plus Pyro)
    Loadout: Psychic Resonance, Phantom Flames, Pyschic Shock, Telekinetic Push, Mass Terror, Pyrokinesis
    Melee average: 33,299.1 LINK

Range

Rotation 1 (Mass Lev III)
    Loadout: Invisibility, Phantom Flames, Psychic Shock, Telekinetic Push, Mass Lev, Grandeur
    Melee average: 29,232.7 LINK

Rotation 2 (Mass Lev II plus Pyro)
    Loadout: Invisibility, Phantom Flames, Psychic Shock, Telekinetic Push, Mass Lev, Pyrokinesis
    Melee average: 31,563.5 LINK

Rotation 3 (Mass Lev II)
    Loadout: Psychic Resonance, Phantom Flames, Pyschic Shock, Telekinetic Push, Mass Lev, Grandeur
    Melee average: 28,253.9 LINK

Rotation 4 (Mass Lev plus Pyro)
    Loadout: Psychic Resonance, Phantom Flames, Pyschic Shock, Telekinetic Push, Mass Lev, Pyrokinesis
    Melee average: 30,191.4 LINK
    • Like x 5
  2. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Here's another Melee test with the best rotation.

Melee

Melee average: 41,775 LINK
    • Like x 2
  3. Nemesir Well-Known Player

I just hope that by seeing these results you posted, the DEVELOPERS might come to their senses to see and comprehend the disparity of this Mental DPS numbers and mechanics compared to QUANTUM DPS & MECHANICS which is so broken right now.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

These numbers exceed the +5% range of 35,500, 30,000 & 25,500.

Even though placing resonance within invisiblity is risky, the reward can surpass that mark by as much as 15%. Gadgets is a similar AM to Mental. Even using 3 EMP's from the 3PI and 2 short cuts permits damage to be in the 37,000 to 38,000 range at most.

Last time I ran base numbers for Mass terror with AM damage, at 3x res builds it's base damage was 10% more than EMP, while mid range and Max far range had an equal base. I'll revisit this perhaps tonight.
    • Like x 2
  5. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Well in fact, Quantum is under parsing at the moment and their AM can't be activated without a target....making it tough to catch up to other powers.
    • Like x 1
  6. mexmex Dedicated Player

Mental is just fine as ice, munitions, atomic, earth, sorcery, gadgets, atomic, any of these powers that Im aware off can do very similar performnce, when I play with my league mates, we all do very similar on scoreboard it can win any of these.

If you are not happy with your power ask for its improvement, but stop trying to bring other powers down, just becuse it might beat you, dont be a selfish child or spoiled bratt.

Also celestial, rage, light can win any time I have seen it, in the right hands all these powers do wonders, I have seen it in survival we all do fine and quantum aint bad at all, it is just that quantum players where so op for to long that now feel is underperforming when is not, I have one character of each power only nature or electricity at least for me are the underperforming ATM
    • Like x 3
  7. Hale Well-Known Player

Not to mention tht mental glitch goin around
    • Like x 1
  8. Phill Committed Player

How many SP were you working with?
  9. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

No offense, but your post is the perfect example of pure ignorance.

If you're going to spew statements saying Rage and Quantum can perform just as good as the top powers, then back it up with some numbers/videos.

I don't personally know Rokyn, but he doesn't seem like the type to cry about his power under performing, he's usually the one I see on the test server threads making sure powers are actually performing at their proper level.

I would love to see a Rage or Quantum top the charts versus the top powers at the moment.

If you believe all the powers are performing at equal or neck to neck levels, then you're the problem the future of this game has.

Again, no offense, but I honestly dislike when people pretend the game is fine and dandy the way it is, then claim others are complaining because their own power is underperforming, when in reality they're pointing out a flaw. Insulting them when they are showing facts isn't a great way to express your opinion or solidify your statement either.
    • Like x 3
  10. mexmex Dedicated Player

By no means Im saying the game is perfect at all, Im not insulting anyone that is you doing so, if you noticed I didnt quote anybody, what I said about spoiled bratt is a general comment to those people crying about and asking for nerfs. So it is you the one quoting and insulting. Im far from being ingnorant as I said, I have one of each powers at the moment Yes some might have an advantage over others, but far from being super op, yesterday I was with mental, ice, munition, quantum dps all full moddded in survival, all full elite and the numbers were pretty close, in between them. One of my league mates is rage and he does amazing jobs right on par with the ice or mental, and yes he even finished number one in damage in bbs.
    And honestly If you believe or not what Im saying I couldnt care less, i wont waiste my tiime lying in th forums and Certanly wont make videos to support my statements either unless I get paid for my time.

So you should ask for videos for the entire community to support their facts, good luck with that. And you know what even the videos can maniputlated reality but Im sure you are awere of that already lol
    • Like x 1
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

Stop lying.
    • Like x 3
  12. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Kuro here. Question: When i did mental sparring for a little bit, I had my sparring targets moving around the place constantly. Are you finding a way to keep them stationary or would the mid range have mid range/close range damage parses? *close range has no excuse but I didn't test that, I only did mid range*
  13. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Hey there. Let's not derail the thread with power imbalances talk. I mainly made this thread to bring about awareness and to collaborate with others to test to see if Mental is over-parsing at the moment. Nothing against mental users or the powerset itself, just trying to make sure nothing is out of line. By that definition is any power overly exceeding or not meeting the baselines. If you know any other powers exceeding or not fulfilling the sustained damage baseline, feel free to make a thread and post your data/results to bring about some fixes.
    • Like x 2
  14. Rokyn Dedicated Player

160 as detailed here.

Off-topic but Rage and Quantum are currently next on my list BTW. Just to show how under-performing they are and so they can get some fixes in.

Did you use menace? I didn't. I think that panics automatically. I wasn't getting this issue at all actually. The targets stayed in place for me for all three ranges with my above loadouts.
    • Like x 1
  15. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I think it's funny that peop[le thought that this mid range pass was supposed to bring balance.

I don't think that was even the intention the developers had.

Because the same powers that were over performing are still over performing even after this mid range pass.
  16. Nemesir Well-Known Player

You clearly and obviously doesn't know what you're talking about. I would love to see you bring those celestial, rage, and light DPSes you mentioned here on actual league run with us and i will be happy to post here the screenshot of the final scoreboard result which will surely be like a slap in your face.

Note : You don't even know how to count, (highlighted in red) :p
  17. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I'd like to point out that most Mental players would be using "Rotation 3 (Mass Terror II)" from the OP's post.

Using Invisibility AND Grandeur is very risky.

Baseline damage SHOULD be on par with other powers, but only based on the "Rotation 3 (Mass Terror II)" rotation.

The Invisibility + Grandeur loadout SHOULD do more damage, as it's more risky.

If you were to balance it so the Invisibility + Grandeur loadout does the melee parser damage expectation of 35.5k, you'd be making that VERY risky loadout a must have instead of an experienced alternative. Doing this would then "nerf" the standard loadout, or "Rotation 3 (Mass Terror II)" as you've marked it. That would be a total bummer.

Once again, I agree it should be balanced, but only to "Rotation 3 (Mass TerrorII)" damage.

NOTE: Above post is referring to Melee only. For Rang, just replace MT with Mass Levitation.
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Here we go again!
    The Next big Nerf Party Begins!
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

You are right, they are about to begin another round of "You Hit Too hard; That's Not Fair!"; and spend another year trying to balance powers.
    • Like x 1
  20. Frankzilla Committed Player

I believe it's very clear that the op is stating that mass terror is hitting harder at melee range than it should be which would have nothing to do with how many mass terrors you choose to use. And for the record the invisibility 3 mass terror rotation isn't risky at all rage melee is risky mental is in no way a comparison I believe they get melee damage a 7m what risk is that.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.