Arena Weapon FoTM

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Eminence, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Seeing as most people in pvp use the one hand flip slash. I guessing the balance on that move was forgotten. Kind of like the hand blasters cartwheel kick. Lol.
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

1. I remove all gear, clear all skill points and power points from two toons on two separate accounts. This is done to ensure I have two 96CR boosted toons for balanced testing.
    2. I equip the weapon I want to test to my main toon and spec just into that weapon.
    3. I have them scrim each other.
    4. I perform a weapon combo 100+ times on the opposing character.
    5. I do this for each combo of the weapon until I have tested all combos via non-Mastery spec'd.
    6. Once I am done with non-Mastery testing I then spec more skill points into the weapon tree until I unlock the Mastery at the top right and I spec it.
    7. I repeat step 4.
    8. I upload the combat log to www.dcuolog.com
    9. It then tells me the highest hit and lowest hit for each weapon attack.
    10. I compare non-Mastery to Mastery and document it.
    Here is an example of Shield after I tested it yesterday:

[IMG]

In this example take Spinning Upslash and compare it to Spinning Upslash Mastery. You can see that the max hit I could obtain with the non-Mastery was 1,735. The max hit I could obtain with the Mastery was 2,689.
    Hope this helps Mepps.
    • Like x 7
  3. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

It's damage wasn't nerfed?

It's AoE, not conus, as I was surprised to find out. It's also screen blockable. Not sure why it's still popular. Assuming it's damage was nerfed.
  4. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

What exactly is the issue with the mastery version hitting harder than the regular, (assuming this is a consistent mastery>reg combo across all weapons)?
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

It has a wide conus but it is not AoE. You can't stand directly behind someone doing Flip Slash and block them.

P.S: Flip Slash was reduced.
    • Like x 2
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Apparently it isn't suppose to TRELL. I have no clue why exactly but it happened last year when the weapon changes were implemented. I think back in like June time frame.
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Reduced does not mean balanced. Maybe it should be looked at again. It still hits very hard. Heck it's even being used by sorcery in pve.
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

If you don't think so. Try hitting someone who has just above 50% health with a flip slash followed by a finisher. Most of the time it will kill them.

I have 20k heal, 35% finisher is hitting for 4k, flip slash is hitting about the same if not more. So how much was it reduced by?
  9. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

seems intuitive that they should hit harder. Not directed at you, but there needs to be a clearer vision for what people want out of weapons. Length of combos, clipped DPS, vulnerabilility, speed all need to go into consideration.

I know you know this, but a bunch of guys just see a number and yell nerf/buff. Some guys want to throw out the "incompetent dev" trope, but I think they're capable from base numbers/theory. The problem is that it's hard to account for how players will use it, hence why there needs to be significant player data to go through.
  10. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Flip slash was hitting in the 20k range before it was reduced.. If you're seeing 20ks or more or even 10ks in full pvp gear from that combo, you should take video proof and report it.
  11. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

PvE damage scalers are different from PvP, this PvE damage you're seeing has nothing to do with arenas.
    • Like x 2
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Well its not hitting that hard, but still harder than other similar combos.

People should get off test and pvp live for the weekend. Look at what everyone uses. Shield, handblaster, one hand. Just saying if they were balanced then you would see more of a variety. Plus some weapon block breaks at still broken. Rage doing what they do followed by the shield block break. You can't even see the block break. So you basically block some that should be a power that is intended to be countered. But if you use certain weapons you can block break at the same time. Used to work that way with Harleys spin tapING the two handed block break. Prob still does.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Also, the weapons that do the most damage do carry over pve to pvp and vice versa. This is why you see the same weapons used in both worlds. Sorry, your wrong there buddy.
  14. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Have you spoken to Shiny Mackerel by any chance? I think he's the one that can help you and Mepps out.

EDIT: Please don't mistake my comment as saying that you're testing wrong or whatever just that I've seen this same similar test before performed by Shiny and others in the past so I figure he's the perfect guy to talk to.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...eapons-in-dcuo-weapon-mastery-edition.210326/
  15. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Previously, certain weapon combos were hitting as hard in pvp as they would in PvE, that is no longer the case with the last round of PvP changes.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The 70% reduction was from what the attack does not in PvP to what it does in PvP. It's not a difference between mastery or non-mastery.
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

See you agree. They are not BALANCED, being the word, just damage reduced. They are still hitting harder than other similar combos.
  18. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Keep in mind shiny quit the game months ago. So he hasn't updated that since he left.
  19. Rokyn Dedicated Player

His last activity was yesterday so I'm assuming he still looks at the forums. I'm sure one can send him a private message and he would respond.
  20. Karasawa Loyal Player

Not disagreeing with that statement. But there is a big difference in damage between mastery and non-mastery. Like Brother Allen said, the same combo can have a wildly different damage range depending on if you unlocked WM or not for that weapon.

More here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...pvp-issues-1-14-16.266567/page-2#post-3546706

Personally, I think the same combo should do the same damage regardless of whether it's a mastery or non-mastery.
    • Like x 2