[PvP Tournament] - DCUO US 4v4 Champions

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by KodyDerp, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Prizes create more competition, especially if the prizes are worth it.
    Those top teams deserve to be rewarded.
    • Like x 2
  2. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Not competition so much as turnout. Big difference.

I suppose my time with Nexus just left a rather bitter taste in my mouth. I'm not chastising. I promise.
    • Like x 1
  3. Vaxtin Well-Known Player

No ones fault that your trying to double HL cheese. Lmfao
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

No one complained last I checked. Simply stated Clutch was willing to switch.
    • Like x 1
  5. Talve Dedicated Player

We were getting kills in 5v5 with earth tank and 2 heals on both sides, with and without using HL. Guess i'll wait for Brice's results to get a clearer idea, but even i am finally worried about a 0-0 fest.
    If single target damage nerf indeed was additional 30%, it might not be as easy as you think. That damage nerf alone will be pretty much a permanent tank mitigation on the whole team (and there is no option to target swap after mitigation uses). If people decide to run with 2 heals and most teams are locked into 1 DPS setups (which is much more likely that it was with 5v5), GL with it.
    Syncing finishers will do nothing if pressure damage is so low that no one will ever drop below 70% of their HP to begin with. Counters are already completely defensive tool as it is with how low their damage is.
    • Like x 1
  6. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

So how was your test scrims last night?
  7. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

HB and MA wasn't nerfed at all lmao. It's pretty much the same.
  8. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

...wut? o_O
  9. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

Yep. That's what Brice observed from testing.
  10. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Thank you Kody for banning Mental unless it is fixed prior to the tourney.
    • Like x 4
  12. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Update: Mental has been banned due to an issue with the perma stun lock.

Pushing for this to be fixed before the tourny so I can unban it.
    Hopefully the shield fix will also come in before the tourny.
    • Like x 6
  13. Talve Dedicated Player

I just hope that the invisibility bug will not cause too many issues with the tourney.
    • Like x 2
  14. Alti New Player

Lost a match yesterday cuz of that bug. Healer was just spamming bbs but we couldn't see him, so it didnt matter lol.
  15. Eminence Dedicated Player

Mental isn't the only power that can cause a stun lock, the game has been really buggy since wednesday. :oops:
    Glad you're pushing for the fix and taking mental out, atleast until its fixed.
    • Like x 3
  16. Talve Dedicated Player

Have not lost because of it yet but it can get really inconvenient during the tournament. That invisibility is completely random. Sometimes allies can't see you, sometimes opponents can't see you. Sometimes some allies or opponents can see you while some can't. Every single person from every single team has to make sure he sees every target before the game...otherwise there might be a quick first kill and a lot of mess and headache for referees afterwards.
    • Like x 4
  17. Vaxtin Well-Known Player

Now I'm going to start off and say this, I am not throwing any shade at anyone when I say this but this isn't a coincidence. I remember vividly someone making a joke about this tournament turning into the special Olympics. Why is it that Mental is getting banned all of a sudden? I was DPSing with Gameplay yesterday on Modelizes account and there were complaints about Mental stun lock issues, Mental has had this issue for as long as I can remember, and I can assure you that that was not the reason we were getting kills. Now can we shoot for a ban of all tank power DPS' because of the unfair mitigation it gets?
  18. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

That is true, mental is mental since launch and in fact mental gets no love from devs and with it's AM damage reduced, then I don't see the problem with mental now.
    Mental has a insane stun spam that is Mass Terror, but if a player wants to spam stuns, that's on them to drain their power.
    The Stun may be a PITA but 5 years and now all of a sudden, you do have a good point there.
  19. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Because it's a bug, you're defending the abusing of a bug that isn't meant to be in the game. However you guys wanted tank mit banned for the same reason (banned due to bugged mit values) and then also wanted double HL banned purely because it was too powerful as well as shield (completely seperate from banning out something bugged from something deemed too strong).

If you're fine with abusing mentals perma stun glitch, then why not unban everything and let it be a no holds barred tournament? It's stupid to ban out certain bugs, certain OP set ups, but then allow others.
    • Like x 8
  20. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Was the right move to make hopefully it gets fixed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.