[PvP Tournament] - DCUO US 4v4 Champions

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by KodyDerp, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

What?
  2. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

25% Damage reduction based on the numbers you see on live server. On test, it needs like a 60%+ damage reduction lol. It's crazy OP.
  3. Soul Dedicated Player

Nope, I said Mental was just fine for dps alongside the other troller powersets (Excluding HL which is top tier).
    And I wanted most powersets to be balanced around that damage output as I see them as very balanced all around.

I would never suggest Mental is a top dps in arenas when powersets like Ice, Fire, HL and Earth are around.. The damage on Mental is ideal in the grand scheme of things imo.

Edit: And for the record, that's completely true still, Mental can dish out good damage with and without the glitch.
    • Like x 1
  4. Pink Revenge Committed Player

i just hope we don't end up with "we have 14/15 powers. 12 are balanced. just play [read: "shut up"] and have fun" on the PVE powersets.
  5. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

I thought Loche said when they gave light it's mid-range update the PvP changes weren't included and didn't take effect. 20-25% off the live numbers is pretty decent and not an over-nerf.

If they apply the PvP changes then stick a 60% reduction that would make a 3k crit hit for 1200. That would destroy the entire power set for PvP.
  6. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

How come all of these other power sets are getting banned when Nature, which is clearly broken since it's the only powerset with a powerback mechanic in PvP, is not banned?
  7. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

Yeah, off live numbers, 25% would be perfect. But on test, 2 rotations being able to kill you is definitely broken.
    The only changes that were made with that hotfix to HL in PvP was that the AM no longer activates in Troller role.
    I predict double HL DPS teams if the update is released like this... Maybe even triple HL. :eek:
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Developers did that on purpose to keep it viable. They removed the power back mechanic but the healing was so bad that as a temporary fix they put the power back mechanic in until they can adjust support roles. I don't know anyone who isn't in support of them removing the power back mechanic from Nature healing once they start the support role changes. They are either going to have to increase the healing capability of some heals in Nature or cut the power cost literally in half for some heals for Nature to be viable. But either way, the power back mechanic does need to go once they work on support roles.

But it isn't broken or "bugged" because the Developers did it on purpose.
    • Like x 6
  9. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

That makes sense. Did they unveil plans for the fixes or is it kind of just "whenever we get to it"?
  10. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

Whenever we get to it.
  11. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

2 years later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.