Changes Coming to the DCUO Marketplace!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Brawler Committed Player

funny coming from a legendary that doesn't have to pay for legends characters, pays less for replay badges both through discounts and through less of a need as you get free ones every month, doesn't have to buy escrow tokens, and get discounts on the few things you do buy thus paying atleast 10% less then any premium who buys the same items in the same amount. you may pay $15 a month, but how much do you actually pay yearly compared to the average premium who spends in large amounts when they can? oh yeah, that's right, you're leaving that out because that would prove your sense of entitlement and your "sub up or shut up" mentality to be the steaming load of bull excrement it is.
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

i dont even get this. its math. 120/yr is more profitable for dcuo if made through one customer as oppossed to through multiple players. each server holds X amount of players. premium way costs more up keep needing more servers for less profits. game is glitchy and buggy. lots of tickets which takes man power. guess what it takes a larger staff to take care of a larger community. the skinny is it seems the profits per player is getting lower and lower. that leads to no more dcuo or at the very least limits what they can do. i liked all the t6 content and want more not less.

the most basic buisness and math rules are not in your favor. lashing out or not being happy has no bearing on that what so ever. look at it like this. those who splurge when they can go legendary. grab the three month deal and once every three months figure out where to get $30. look you pay $120 but they give you back $60 in game cash along with $60 in replays. spread out but its nice. so think of it like if your willing to invest $60/yr into in game spending your subs $60. i know i go or went nuts on replay badges b4 the lottery system got me in the OC DLC. powers and armories and legends and styles and dice and weapons and man the $60 is nice but its a drop in the bucket. all i want is the game to thrive not just survive and all of us get the best quality gaming possible. paying $40 or less a year on a hundred plus a year game is low. imo
  3. Sbel Devoted Player

The question is, how much money does the average premium player spend? Without that information...
  4. John Brawler Committed Player

it's math that you're obviously terrible at. 1. the cost of all current legends alone is higher then the so called $60 your subscription is "giving back" this does not even include those that will continue to be added. 2. $40 a year for a premium who buys all content? that's an obvious sign of ignorance as well as not only did we have more then $40 worth of strictly "content" this year, but the devs have stated that their goal is atleast 1 dlc per year, which guess what 10 X 12 equals? since you claim to be good at math that should be simple enough for you to get that by the end of next year the average premium player will be paying an equal or greater sum then the $120 a year you're so proud of on dlcs alone. 3. once again this is not even including the excessive purchases of some premiums who will consistently buy escrow tokens, and legends that legendary members are not buying.

legendary does not make the most money, infact it is the cheapest option to those who have consistent access to the needed funds, and is actually the option closer to bankrupting the game as is obvious by the switch to free to play from the original sub only model, and even more so as they try to make legendary look more "worthwhile" by adding features that are overall costing them more potential money through micro-transactions in attempts to get what they believe is the "guaranteed" payout sacrificing potential profits for an attempt at solidarity. only now they're attempting to blatantly rip off premiums in an attempt to get this guaranteed payout, and longtime legendary subscribers like yourself have to fool themselves into believing it's because you make them the most money.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sbel Devoted Player

Depends on what you mean by "content." There were 4 "episode" dlcs, for exactly $40.

Um, what? o_O I hope they'll put out more than one per year. If you mean per month, where are you getting that from, and why do think they'll each be $10?

Doubtful, even if the "average premium player" buys every single thing that comes out, and that seems unlikely too.
    • Like x 1
  6. daddybear New Player

One day at the offices of of Columbus Nova.

Andrew: " Ok gentlemen now that we bought soe. Lets talk about turning a profit."
    Jason: " Well first we need to layoff some staff and close one of the studios down"
    Andrew: " Ok ok sounds like a good start."
    Paul: "Next we need to cut spending on side projects, if we cant sell it we don't develop it."
    Andrew: " Yes i agree no new ui."
    Andrew: " I like what im hearing so far what else can we do?"
    Jason" " Lets focus on dcuo first since that is the most known ip"
    Paul" " Wait what about h1z1"
    jason: "H1z1 sucks, its dcuo."
    Andrew: " Ok Jason what do we do with dcuo?"
    Jason: " We need to increase sales, show active income."
    Paul: " Oh oh i know we can break up the dlcs and and piece meal everything."
    Jason: " Yes yes yes, and we can tell the public it gives the player more options"
    Andrew: " I like it i like it tell those boys at daybreak to do it"

Later on Down the road in the Columbus Nova office

Jason" It worked sales are up on micro purchases."
    Paul" Yeah and some of the players started subscriptions once they learned math."
    Andrew " Great I just sold dcuo to (put in name of company here) for profit."
    Andrew,Paul,Jason," Man its great being in the investment business."

The End
    • Like x 1
  7. lukelucky Devoted Player

ok your make believe is hard to follow let alone respond to but here it goes. you say they plan on releasing one per year and then claim its 10x12? not sure what your refuring to but man it sounds loopy. the dlc plan is 4 per year which they might of hit the last 12 months but if so it WOULD be the first time in dcuo history they got 4 dlcs out in a year. SO NO SIR YOU HAD NOT A PENNY OVER $40 WORTH OF COST TO PREMIUM. that means base cost for a premium is indeed one third of a legendary guy.

it gets worse cause some of us dont buy our subs months at a time and pay closer to $180/yr. i dont use that number because its not a base minamum. same with the dlcs. WE BOTH KNOW NOT EVERY PREMIUM GUY BUYS ALL THE DLCS. i cant factor that just the base minamum. last 12 months has 4 dlcs which is $40. thats a third of the profits. basically for a money restriction you get to play the game for a third of what we do.

when you brought up legends i laugh. you think i dont won almost all of them? your making up info and guessing and lashing out when presented facts you cant dispute. it without a doubt cost more money for dcuo to have 30k customers than it does to have 10k customers. if you have a profit of 40k and 10k cusomers things are better than a 40k profits with 30k customers. the extra people cost money to maintain additional servers and customer service. this is the most basic common sense one can get and you dispute it.
  8. Celebrawl New Player

I still think dcuo should make the money currency open for premium membership than for them having the limit of 2,000 currency.i still think it doesnt make sense when alot of people cant access it full when they really need it to repair gear,and i find that annoying when most players have to leave the raids and such cause they can no longer afford to fix them up
    • Like x 1
  9. Gwynbleidd New Player

1) You're probably right when saying that DCUO would make more money if every player was a subscriber.

but...

2) That is unrealistic. DCUOs own history shows that it is not able to survive without the Premium-players. So you can suppose a substantial part of the money comes from the Premium faction (hard to get some info on that, but the number of players brings the money).
    Fact is, people don't like subscription models. Subscription was already outdated when the game came out. Today there are plenty of f2p games that make good money without any subscription at all.
    • Like x 2
  10. DarkAngel1287 New Player

World Down?! WTF!
    Hope its not another 10hr wait!
  11. Celleri New Player

World Is Down for me too
  12. DarkAngel1287 New Player

I see no changes being made in this game at all...just a bunch of BS
    Everytime I come online to play the game server is down or the world(s) is down..like whats the deal?! a lot of ppl are gonna get to the point where there not gonna wanna play the game no more cuz this **** always happens...if ur gonna fix the game then fix it don't dick around adding new **** that we don't need!!
  13. Celleri New Player

14. Cybershock New Player

straed yesteryday now its down again
  15. Cybershock New Player

these severes are down more than wow
  16. DarkAngel1287 New Player

im just stating my opinion and what I think
    and its the truth ... there adding this and adding that when really theres ppl out there whose loosing **** they actually paid cash for,its ridiculous,because they decide to **** around with the game
    NEWAYS,i am chilled :) :) :) lol
  17. Cybershock New Player

more down time than world of warcraft this is crazy
  18. Hvinny New Player

I would be happy if they would just sync up their server status to what the game is in currently. Meaning if the server status shows it as "UP" then God @#$@ the server needs to be up. Why do i have to constantly have to go through the entire log in process to get to character choice only to find out that yet again... the servers are down. Refresh on the server status does not update the status as well... so yes.. that has been tried as well. Before adding new content, etc. please fix what is broken first...once that is done pat yourselves on the back.. then add your new stuff. Just my $ worth.
    • Like x 1
  19. lukelucky Devoted Player

yea of course f2p works. i would venture more of dcuo's revenue comes from premiums and that i feel is the core problem. the largest ever mmo is pay to play or was for a very long time. it is the biggest of them all so apparently it can be done. dcuo has poor choices and poor performance which has shrunk the legendary population a great deal.

i am not against premium players at all. my only thing is i want dcuo to be around till ps5 atleast. there is no reason that cant happen either. when the game came out it performed poorly and it took years to cut out the freezing. until this last update i cant remember dcing. that is huge and would of made a huge difference upon launch.
  20. KidsNature New Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.