Changes Coming to the DCUO Marketplace!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwynbleidd New Player

Indeed, there are a lot of bigger and smaller issues that have never been solved and were accumulated throughout the years. The focus lies too much on DLCs with their own mechanics, instead of improving the whole game. In my eyes the devs should try to limit the changes to what is necessary/ requested (besides new playable content/ powers/ styles of course) before experimenting with not essential changes that will create new problems. But that's another story...

For the MarketPlace: they should keep the old DLCs availlable and additionally offer the split content, so everyone will be happy and buy.
    • Like x 1
  2. btoom New Player

i hope this change is coming soon because it's terribly needed
  3. btoom New Player

oops wrong thread
  4. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

So I have a question. Since the content is now in episodes but powers are a section alone. Does that mean that now players will have to pay 16$ for content and a new power or will it come with the episodes?

I realize legendary is an exception since we get complete access.
  5. Gwynbleidd New Player

Everything separate from now on.
  6. bigsmooth14 New Player

Right now Amazon offers the DLC with 500 extra SC wonder if the extra SC will be part of the new price plan
  7. Sbel Devoted Player

The powers will now be separate from the episodes. So, if you want HL and FftL, you pay $6 for the power and $5 for the missions. If you want Munitions it'll be $6 and doesn't have an episode attached. If you buy Munitions and the next Episode, yeah, that'd be $16 dollars.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Just wanted to point out they actually got 5 DLCs out the first year. The yearly cycle starts from the release of the first DLC, not from the release of the game.
    • Like x 1
  9. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Good breakdown :)

It would appear that now you have to pay $1 more for what used to be $10. However this new scheme has the chance of making things cheaper. Say for example someone doesnt have FftL and HL powers, he can get the episode story content for $6, then get HL power with SC/LP either for free or really cheap considering there are double station cash sales and half-off marketplace items sales. That person could get HL powers for essentially $1.25 if he's hunting the sales smartly or like i said before, for free if they use their SC saved up from monthly allowance in subs.

Overall i think they're really good changes that give people more flexibility and the chance of getting things cheaper if you know what you're doing and have a little patience.
    • Like x 2
  10. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

That is in the best case scenario (aside from lucky Home Turf DLC and new ones that include missions only) - if there are Legends characters in the DLC it will cost you from 10$ more(double the price of DLC) up to 32$ more(more than quadruple DLC price).
    It's not like there was never any DLC sales before, besides half-off sales and double SC are very rare those days.
    They don't give people more flexibility(they take away old options) - they replace one set of options with another.
  11. Matrix2230 New Player

I'm sorry but this sounds really bad and will probably wind up being the demise of a great game. While you spend your life savings trying to obtain all of these things have fun in the ally that you will be playing such awesome content from.......smdh DCUO is not worth it anymore
  12. DarkAngel1287 New Player

this **** is ridiculous,everytime I come on this damn game its always down....they deff aint gonna keep paying customers this way...beginning to think this game is a joke and a waste of my time!!
  13. AsgardKnight Well-Known Player

Sometimes, I think this game is a waste of time as a premium member. Sometimes, I think its better being a premium.
    Sometimes, the benefits that Legendary Members are getting, lures me to go for a Membership.. SO CONFUSED..
    and sometimes, they say this game is dying.. REALLY? I don't want this game to die, just started playing this game, this is a great one, great gameplay, but everything costs money for better enjoyment.

Can they just increase he money cap of the premium players to at least 5000. This will be very helpful for premium community. I am even planning to go for the 3 months subscription type. My Question is, will I get the monthly station Cash or replay badges?
    • Like x 1
  14. AsgardKnight Well-Known Player

AND why is Origin Crisis $9.99 on the website? Do I get the Quantum power too, if I purchase on the website? This is much more confusing..
  15. MkNoobSaibot Level 30

This is a viable question. You will get monthly replay badges AND loyalty points (which can be spent at the vendors in the nightclub)
    • Like x 1
  16. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Changes have not taken place yet, so you'd better hurry to buy DLCs you need(unless you need Home Turf or last 4 DLC packs) if you dont want to get charged extra for the same amount of content. And yes there is Quantum power in Origin Crisis.
    • Like x 2
  17. AsgardKnight Well-Known Player

I play on PC. So do you mean I will get Station Cash rather than the Loyalty Points?
  18. AsgardKnight Well-Known Player

thanx for clarifying that :)
  19. Lathatara New Player

Is the new pack only for one account or can I open it up on all my accounts?? I have three characters do I have to spend 30 bucks to be able to of open them??
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's for your whole account, all characters you have and ever will have.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.