Changes Coming to the DCUO Marketplace!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

...wait, what pack are you talking about? I assumed you were talking about DLC packs?
  2. Lathatara New Player

The booster bundle the pack that was just released I can't find it so I can add it to my new hero.??
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh. When you buy a Booster Bundle it automatically goes into the inventory of the character you bought it on. When you buy one you don't get it on every character, but the stuff you get in the bundle can be moved between your characters using the shared bank.
    • Like x 1
  4. Triple Draw Level 30

Sorry for mistake. Ofc I mean Marks of Legends not Triumph.

I mean skins for legendary heroes. Like in MOBA games. Example : You buyin' Superman for (dunno 1500 Marks Of Legends if we are talking about full f2p model). But for REAL money you can buy Superman Red Son or Superman New 52 skin (model ,costume - call it whatever you want).
    Everybody has to pay the bills but more popular f2p games can handle this with better f2p model , and I am sure that DCUO can handle that too.
  5. Kane7271 New Player

Wish it was possible having the new 52 skins and such,but because of copyright regulations,they can't do it
  6. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Skins from comics are possible(New 52 Batman for example), it's skins from other games/movies/shows that are copyright restricted for DCUO.
  7. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Here's a great change that needs to happen. Stop with nerfs never do them again. Because it completely unbalances powers and weapons. Might and precision needs to be looked at. For all powers and weapons. Players with higher might should always have stronger power damage. Players with higher precision should have stronger weapon attacks. 1 weapon i just got into was the staff with weapon mastery. Sadly it made look op weak. It didn't scale properly with my precision as dual wield would. That's still my number 1 choice for weapons because it allows a better damage out. I'm very board with it but i have to keep it. Especially when it comes to helping players that want the t6 raid necro speed feat. All weapons and powers need to be put the same. The only things that should make them different is might precision and speed. Also all powers should no longer overide each other. It's been very hard finding players with different powers. Also this would speed up finding groups.
    • Like x 1
  8. AjaxMortimer New Player

Look, I'm more than happy to admit when I'm wrong. But saying something is going to happen is different than it actually happening. "End of the month" of March is when they said they'd do it by, and it is the end of the month of March, and it isn't done. Maybe by tomorrow? But I doubt it.

Okay, I'm not saying this never happened? I'm just saying I've never seen this happen. :)

Also, what about the new UI? When did they say anything more about that? That was a LONG time ago and it still hasn't happened. Will it happen? Maybe - but I doubt it.

That just seems to be my general impression of them - they say they'll get something done and then it just sort of fades away, unfinished.

Like I said, I'm actually looking forward to these marketplace changes happening by the end of the month of March, as was stated. Do I think they'll actually happen by tomorrow, the last day of March? No I do not. Could they actually happen by tomorrow? I guess, but the odds are poor based on established track record.

The new marketplace was supposed to be in place by March 31st. My bet is, it won't be.

On April 1st, somebody's the fool and somebody gets to gloat about being right all along. It's remotely possible I'll be the fool - but I doubt it.

Wait and see I guess.
  9. Nightcrow New Player

Things have been renamed on the client side. I think we will see this change soon, maybe we are just waiting for the PS store to update.
  10. zeroman New Player

Make it better for who? The people that can not handle the way the game should be played and the way it was designed? Ever herd of term playing with the cards you a dealt with and try to make a winning hand? The good people who make this game work hard and are constantly put down or told how to do their jobs when all they did was give you a game to play and enjoy. This game is a privilege to play and no one is entitled to anything.
  11. Sgt Corpsegrinder New Player

spin it any way you want, they have never met the quarterly dlc's
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Erm, DLC 1 released September 2011 - quarter 3. DLC 2 in December 2011 - quarter 4. DLC 3 March 2012 - first quarter. DLC 4 June 2012 - second quarter. DLC 5 August 2012 - third quarter. Home Turf was the first DLC to ever miss a quarter. They never ever promised a DLC per quarter from the release date of the game. On top of this I don't believe they ever actually promised a DLC per quarter, I believe they always said it was their aim. An aim is not a promise.
    • Like x 1
  13. Doom Patroller Active Player

When I first read this thread, I was under the impression that the marketplace would indeed grow in versatility, presenting players with a wider spectrum of options.

When I found out they were disappearing previous choices and replacing them with less synthetic ones it was clear that they "realize there are players out there who prefer to buy in bulk, and save while doing so." And so, they won't allow it to happen so easily.

Bittersweet changes, in my opinion. They would be , indeed, "new options (...) when purchasing content " if they were simply adding choices instead of replacing those existing already. The way they are doing it, though, seems a little too disingenuous, or at least, misleading, to be frank.
    • Like x 1
  14. Canuck or Die New Player

No, no one is entitles to anything, that includes you, buddy. It also includes the developers. It's their privilege to have my money, not their right. So take your pathetic excuses somewhere else. You're not the developer of this game, so stop acting like you are insulted when people raise VALID criticisms.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.