Changes Coming to the DCUO Marketplace!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raloris New Player

Question: Why are all of the powers 600 instead of 500 like everything else that costs SC exclusively? Just seems a bit dick-ish to force people who want a specific power to dish out an extra $5 for the next tier of SC just for an extra 100 SC which then leaves them with 400SC that they can't even use to buy Shield access or any other "upgrade". The powers offer, arguably, the same things that the legends characters offer just for PvE instead of PvP.
    • Like x 1
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so wait so if someone new comes in they would have to spend $192 just to get everything that someone has now?

seems like your trying to force ppl into legendary by going this way. as going legendary for 1 year is only 120 lol thats saving $72
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

look at my post on the last page of this it will save you $70 bucks ;)
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

buy 2 psn cards problem solved ;)

a 100 PSN and a 20 PSN card
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

they wont man, its been 4 years here for me and its always been 2000 for premiums
  6. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

increase the amount of amenities u can place, and make them free placement, I have more than 6 amenities but can't place them
    • Like x 2
  7. DJX New Player

Hey Mepps, so with all that is happening in the maketplace specifically with bundled items when will members and non members will be able to get ahold of rare auras that came in bundle like you'e done before? Also not sure if it's a rumor but word is there might be a new color aura a purple nimbus, will you guys be bundling rare auras again especially for those who didnt get a chance the first time?
  8. Liquid Sound New Player

Poop, man. I literally just purchased the ultimate edition for the actual dlc, and not the powers, is it possible to get a refund?
  9. chipzes Committed Player

The new Booster Bundle goes live today with new auras. They made a Twitch stream about it so you might want to check that out.
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I saw your smiley, but there are plenty of people who mean it seriously.

Before this change, they could've had both, for less. And, the community would have more people to run that content with. That option is being taken away, in favor of paying more to buy them separately.

I think they'll quickly find that people don't care about the content, and only care about the upgrades. It's hard not to go pay-to-win when people are willing to hand you money to do it. Two dollars for Last Laugh ... they'll all be that cheap soon enough if you gut the bonuses for buying them.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ranger Silver 6 Active Player

As a premium player, I actually like this change.

Yes everything is a bit more expensive, but usually only by a dollar or two. The legends characters are a problem in the pricing. but I bought the current ultimate edition bundle, so Last Laugh isn't an issue for me.

I'd been saving up money to buy another dlc so that I could keep leveling up. Being able to buy just an episode pack would be great in my position. While it would be nice to have the current dlc bundles stay available to save a bit of money, I'm okay with how they're choosing to do it, it'll save me some money in the long run.
    • Like x 1
  12. Morcra Committed Player

what. if anything im respec token for switching id cheap. it ls fair. a powr cost 600 and to change a power which basically mean your choosing another power it should cost the same or even more.

how do u even see movement and powers as the same thing. sure movement has some skills but it is still movement. How you move. your power is how you attack.
  13. Dr. Machflame Active Player

BTW...I can't get on the Marketplace right now. And how long is this hotfix going to take?

Also, why was this not done when the server was down??? I'm just wondering...and questioning why it was not done then...

An entire DAY gone to waste of the beginning of the end (possibly) of my subscription...today was Day 1 of my last 30 of this cycle. Probably won't waste my money on another one, if this is gonna happen. I'm a college student, and I feel like I wasted $15 that I COULD have put elsewhere. That I probably should have now...but hindsight is foresight, as they say.
  14. Doingwellbetter New Player

I sub when I can and not busy, and when I cannot sub i got dlcs to carry me (with that ridiculous cash cap Oo - increase the cash cap to a max r&d item values sold please tyvm).

Question for Meppstone - I already have some of the dlcs you are making changes to, am i going to lose my current access to a shield/quantum and home turf mods? Because that would be very wrong indeed.

We who purchased our dlcs before the changes you are making are impacted by the changes or not?
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No, you will not lose anything. It says it in the opening post.
    • Like x 1
  16. sergey334 New Player

and as understood server is still not available
  17. Nonyabeezneez New Player

They also make money (more money) from micro trans and DLCs... Someone already posted a thread proving SOE makes more money off micro trans and DLC purchases. Face it, most people dont pay 15 a month on F2P anymore. Your not special nor are you holding the community up on your own. ;) I would love (just to see the mouth drop off people like you) to see what happens to your community if F2P/micro/DLC trans were gone away with... SWG anyone?

But. Cut your nose to spite your face. Its what 21st century gamers are good at, Orange is a good color 4 you. Ether way, I know I am not the only one who will not buy DLCs anymore with out a money cap increase. But what does it matter, we don't pay 15 a month anyways right?
    • Like x 1
  18. Gwynbleidd New Player

You have a strange way of reasoning. With respeccing you do not get something new. You just switch to something else you already had unlocked/bought. Basically you're paying twice.
  19. KRR New Player

With every relevant comment ther are going to be critics. Someone called it a rant, others liked it and many stayed silent. It is the silent ones that are the loudest. I am referring to a post addressing Mepps about a "sinking ship" CHANGES COMING TO DCUO...as a direct result of scrambling to stay afloat, I.e. Life support. DCUO is not very much alive and Gaming magazines popular with mainstream gaming have lamentented the path. I was a Legendary member for 2 years and witnessed reoccurring problems that are still present today, and have not been fixed. I'll say it again, do your own research and don't take my word for it...you will be surprised and disappointed at the same time. Smart and serious gamers have abandoned and deleted DCUO. DC is making "changes" but still demands real money for them. Today's MMORPG releases ask for a one time fee, another for expansion passes at reasonable and all add ons are in game. DC is scrambling and got to the dock late. The ship sailed. If you can't see it, you must be at the snack bar with the devs. They don't see it either.
    • Like x 1
  20. lukelucky Devoted Player

this is simply untrue. the ideal profits are your subbers in this buisness model. premiums iceing on the cake. think about it.

$120 is the annual cost for one subber. $120 if the premium guys buy every dlc and dcuo hits 4 dlcs in a 12 month period takes 3 people to get the same profits. that is 3 people the company pays to maintain vs one. x amount of people per server so the more people the more servers and the higher the costs for dcuo. when the average profit annually is $40 well you have ALOT LESS than if each average profit is $120 annually. so less resources and higher costs as a company is exactly what you do not want.

where the % of the profits come from? anyones guess i would love you to try backing up your claim premiums more profitable because it simply cant be. this is not about a person its about the game. alot of us love this game and want it to thrive for years to come. we would like the most bang for our buck as any consumer would and want the company to be able to roll out a quality product. t6 content vs say t4 is great and id like alot more along the lines of this.

so sir this is simple. DCUO apparently needs more money and the fairest way is to up the cheapest options. THE FACT DCUO GIVES YOU $60 IN GAME CASH TO SPEND PER YEAR AND THE ANNUAL FEE IS $120 YOUR KINDA PAYING $60 A YEAR. that is stupid cheap and even at $120 a year the cost is peanuts. less than .50 cents a day so the cant afford arguements not good here. basically i understand why someone would be mad when their prices go up. being fair we are not wrong to want the game to thrive and all of us pay out way
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.