USPC - Influx of Spam Healing?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Feb 20, 2015.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Is it just me, or has spam healing become more common on USPC? I'm seeing a lot of healers using twice as much power as anyone else... When healers are running out of power in raids with two controllers who in turn have to spam instant power, something is wrong. :-{
    • Like x 1
  2. ChuckLess New Player

What's wrong, is the community's push for solo healing & Trolling.
    • Like x 27
  3. Solmes202 Loyal Player

So true! Wow! Great post!
    • Like x 6
  4. winter13 New Player

Winner...winner...chicken dinner
    • Like x 6
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

A 113 solo healer in Artifacts from the Past does not need to heal that much. lol

A 112 CR/191 SP healer in Halls of Hades running with two healers does not need to empty her bar.
  6. winter13 New Player

If they have foolish dps they do. Don't always look at the healer my friend. Pay attention to everything that is going on around you.
    • Like x 19
  7. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Try as the devs might the community just won't give up the 5 DPS runs, it's like Linus and his blanket or a baby and their juju(pacifier)

I am constantly amazed in Halls of Hades how many group will run through three to six wipes on the forge master, running all over the place as compared to running a second tank and havingvm the boss fight go smooth as silk.
    • Like x 10
  8. EP Ice Loyal Player

Say it again because I don't think they heard you!!! This is the truth being told right here. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 12
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

If only it was true... :-{

As we all know, most would rather blame DPS than healers since DPS are a dime a dozen. In the groups I'm in, it is clearly the healer healing when not necessary. I'm seeing things like this on a regular basis now:

• Like x 3
  10. Deranya Dedicated Player

I'd go as far and say it is a server wide phenomenon. Sure, there is a high demand for solo healers, but the problem is real. Even as a solo heal you can save power. Often there is no need to spam powers at all. But, more people play DPS till they reach T5/6, when they reach the gear which is unattuned they switch over.
    They lack the experience that others have gotten from moving tears in that role. And often don't even look up their powers. I have seen nature healers that use nothing but burst. The HoTs completely forgotten and the shield: "What shield?"
    • Like x 7
  11. winter13 New Player

I love to pop me some shield when the cogs come up on the statues in aod. Sometimes that makes all the difference in getting people that feat.

Sometimes preventing damage you know is coming is just as important as healing damage.
    • Like x 4
  12. Tikkun Loyal Player

What's with all the trollers thinking their main job is crowd control/damage and not giving power?

What's with all the tanks who think their job is to pull everything and attack without blocking?

What's with all the dps who stand around burning endless waves of enemies instead of doing the objective?

I think we could really fill this thread up with silly scenarios. The point is, not understanding group dynamics is not exclusive to the healer role.
    • Like x 12
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Wasn't saying it was, but I'm seeing a huge trend lately. If it wasn't happening with 80%+ of the healers I run with, I wouldn't have posted. Even a former league-mate was doing so.
  14. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I've been accused off spam healing but on my screen all I see its green numbers flying all over the place. Maybe I'm heading rocks idk. But if I see green then it wasn't a wasted heal. I cast a hot after every wm combo but save bursts for when I need them
    • Like x 6
  15. Streven Dedicated Player

Another major issue is that most inexperienced players don't know how or just don't even try to regen their own power.

Personally if I've got Joe Rambo DPS running ahead of the tank(s) and getting nuked I don't worry much about him. I typically focus my heals on the tank(s), the troller, and the smart DPS in that order.
    • Like x 1
  16. Streven Dedicated Player

I'd say that strategy is find as long as you aren't low on power when it's needed most.
  17. Impulsively Committed Player

I know what you mean. I've seen this issue from all four corners as I've played (and still play to some degree) all four roles. But the problem as a healer is that certain hits to group members' health come so suddenly that it's sometimes too tough to catch before they get KO'ed. This often means that, if you're not Nature and thus don't have HoTs to lean on, you've gotta keep a constant stream of heals up to cover the butts of those - as Tikkun pointed out - other roles that are equally careless with how their role is meant to be played vs. how they're actually playing it. Some people just get used to having to overperform to cover for the falling short of others.

Hopefully this doesn't come off as an excuse, but I think it's the best explanation for certain playstyles that end up doing the heal spam thing.
    • Like x 2
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Tell that to the dps who is just standing in the AOE all day.
    • Like x 10
  19. Deranya Dedicated Player

It is just that with healers it is the easiest to see. If the healer has no power but the group is full on health. Also, it feels to me like the one role that is most likely to get replaced in a run is the healer, so one eye is always on them anyway.

As a main healer I have been accused of overhealing, spam healing, no healing, lazy healing, lame healing and of out of sight healing. I have been a healer since the start, I know when to heal and how to save power, but every time that I was accused I took a look at the group. It was never just me, but for the group looking at the one person that keeps you alive is the easiest.
    • Like x 1
  20. El Presidente Well-Known Player

I've been a nature healer for while now (was sorc and celest before that) and I've found that I've had to become more spammy with my heals. I used to be able to rely on my HoTs for the most part so my power bar always stayed around full. Now I'm finding that the HoTs just aren't enough to keep up with the influx of damage and are too slow in bringing everyone's health back up before the next wave of damage comes.

I think we're seeing more healers spamming partially because that's what is expected of them especially in pugs. When I do fall back on using my HoTs and using weapon combos to help keep my power regen'd I get messages telling me to stop trying to be a dps and I need to learn my role. This happens even though nobody's health has dropped below 80% the whole time.
    • Like x 3