Let the backlash begin...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLoneLantern, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

When they want to introduce new currency they always add it to the Testing PvE Currency box. For me it makes a lot of sense each trigoly having their own currency, the only wrong thing about it (in case this is confirmed) is how we figured out.
  2. Omega Boy Committed Player

I see people saying this, but how would it work for each trilogy to have its own currency? Halls of Power part 2 is likely to start T7 content so it wouldn't make sense to use the same marks. Maybe every DLC going forward could have its own. It's not an unreasonable change. It just makes previous DLCs irrelevant quicker, and it's unfortunate that we found out this way.
  3. Azrael New Player

yea but what happened to the war of thel ight having its own currency... still doesn't justify "this change"/
    • Like x 1
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

True, but at the same time, all that's happening is people are taking advantage of a generous mark limit, so they can get ahead when new content launches. It's not a requirement to be maxed out on marks in order to access the new DLC11 content. It's merely a perk. A cheap perk at that. Not illegal or against the terms of service, but still dishonest and unsportsmanlike.

Honestly, if anyone is using replay badges to max out their MOF, then they're only to blame. It's not even hard to max out. You can earn at least 14 marks from running the 2 iconic solos, 3 daily solo missions in GUS, both duos and the alert once per day. Just over 7 days to reach 100. That doesn't take into consideration bonus marks or lockboxes, either. So really, it's illogical to use replay badges to max your marks anyway.

But there's no wrong doing on the part of the developers here because like I say, there's no requirements to have your marks maxed out for the launch of DLC11. It's a bonus and nobody is forcing anyone to do it. Therefore if you have done it and have spent money, then you need to just accept it, move on and maybe apply common sense in the future.

Assuming of course that this is actually going to happen and the Marks of Power aren't just going to replace the Marks of Fury, if the Marks of Power even appear at all. Remember that there are assets in the game which aren't being utilised yet. Most obvious is the Blue Lantern gear, which exists, but isn't part of the game. These could merely be a glance into the future as T7 should be landing around HOP pt 2.
    • Like x 2
  5. HL Revamp New Player

Actually it effects everyone going forward in terms of grind variety. I think that's the point many of the fanboys and girls are missing. Right now if you want to grind T6 gear you run your GUS solos, anomalies, duos and the alert, and it's been that way for months. Log on, run the same stuff every day. Bleh.

We anticipated that with DLC 11 we'd get an extra set of gear to grind marks for AND three raids, an alert, etc. In a sense, we anticipated a less-monotonous grind going forward. You could haul in a bunch of marks without spamming replays and exhausting yourself on the content. This was the great thing about Scion gear. You could run A&B, or if your 'mates weren't on you could pug a few OC alerts, Trigon, some duos and some missions.

I also think that the lack of trust in the developers is a fair issue, call it a lie, call it whatever, that's semantics. If this is a real thing, then the credibility of the developers takes another hit in a year where they've already taken a lot of flack with many players on a range of issues. That may seem trivial, but there's a reason they do these leaks and these live feeds, it's to hype us up to stay in their game, stay grinding and working even when it's meh, because there's this promise of cool stuff around the corner. The more we start to doubt that, the harder it is for them to effectively hype their game and keep folks interested. That's a tangible thing, and fair for criticism.

Lastly, I think it's also not a bad idea for people to express now their distaste for what they're seeing on the test server, even if it is an accident, that's what the forums are for - feedback. The price of armories is a great example of this thing. Occasionally something sneaks through test that everyone has to disdainfully live with for awhile, if not indefinitely. If you don't vote you've no grounds for complaint.
    • Like x 7
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I agree with you on the grind part. It just hit me that my grind will be 2 Alerts and 1 run of each raid per week. Ridiculous and not something I'd expect from the second DLC in a tier.

If it's done to choke us into spending replay badges, then that sucks. If it's done to slow us down then that sucks, too. I'd rather they put the gear in a vendor at 100MOF per piece, no variance in price, but allowed us to earn 24 MOF per day + the 30 from the raids each week for free by running every piece of T6 content. Then if we wish, to speed up the huge grind, we can opt to run additional instances per day to speed things up.

I still think we're all jumping the gun here. I'd like to think we're wrong and it's just a panic reaction to something that was prematurely released. Like when a Robin model was titled "Mr Miracle" a few months back on the test server. But something tells me at the current prices of gear (60, 55, 50 etc.) and the fact that DLC11 will grant us the opportunity to earn 24 MOF for free, per day, we are potentially facing a 2nd currency.
    • Like x 2
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

honestly I prefer a new mark. Put everyone back to square 1 on equal terms. The gear from the raids are better anyway, plus unnatunned so marks are not really a high factor atm.

I mean most people were just going to use 100 marks to buy 2 things anyway. The weapon, and some other item.
  8. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

As long as they don't suddenly start changing the CR requirements for each DLC within a tier, THAT would be when I would walk away from the game... or rather, would be forced to walk away from the game. Because if a large content DLC has no solo content to run in order to gain CR progression, but then they make the next small content DLC a CR which is higher than the previous large DLC, there would be no way for soloists to progress.

In regards to a potential new Mark... if the only way to get MoP is to run content in HoP 1, then I'm screwed and DCUO just lost a TON of money I'd have spent on Replay Badges to grind GUS for Marks of Fury to buy the HoP vendor gear. Which means I'll have to wait until WotL 2 comes out for more open world solo content to run for (insert whatever Marks works with that DLC) in order to buy vendor gear for CR progression.
    • Like x 1
  9. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Lemme take a wild guess!
    Marks of Power is special currency, with which you can purchase POWERS for your character. Nuff said!
  10. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Icon
    [IMG]
    reminds me Motherbox. And designation "Mark of POWER" could point to Halls of Power.
    Additionally l heard somewhere, that tiers would be distributed this way:
    WoL #1: T5 - Marks of Reality
    AF #1: T6 - Marks of Fury
    HoP #1: T6 - Marks of Fury
    WoL #2: T6 - Marks of Fury
    AF #2: T6 - Marks of Fury
    HoP #2: T7 - Marks of ???
    WoL #3: T7 - Marks of ???
    AF #3: T7 - Marks of ???
    HoP #3: T7 - Marks of ???
    So this way "Mark of Power" could be definition for hypotetical currency intended to buy T7 gear, because of them would be first time added into HoP #2.
  11. General Zod 10000 Post Club

But.. the pictures show its for gear...... :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  12. Tre Day New Player

I have no access to the Test Server, so I couldn't really tell you. I'm saying that it may be possible.

After thinking about it for a few, it's not out of the realm of possibility that each entry of the trilogies have different marks of equal value, but I saw that Kaiser mentioned the same thing when I scanned back through this thread.. I'm just saying this as something to discuss amongst ourselves and not to be taken as what they might be planning.

But like many others and I have said, I'm just interested on what the official word about the change is, if we can call it that.

And quite dangerous, I might add.
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I read somewhere, probably on the original thread in Test, that each trilogy could possibly have its own mark since AF had Mark of Fury and HoP seems to, at present, reward Marks of Power. I kind of think that it's a novel idea to have to run through all the Amazon Fury content to get the Amazon Fury gear and run through all the Halls of Power content to get the Halls of Power gear. I know we had MoR for War of the Light Part 1, but if it is going this way perhaps we will get Marks of Light in part 2.

I know not everyone will agree with this, and I'm not saying I agree with it fully just yet if that is what happens but I do think it's a novel approach. It felt kind of disjointed to me having Marks of Reality for Origin Crisis, Sons of Trigon and War of the Light part 1 because...well only one of those DLCs actually deals with alternate realities.
  14. Omega Boy Committed Player

Someone up thread mentioned that the new alerts were in fact easier. It's really just all speculation at this point. If if happens, it cuts our potential marks per day a bit which is no fun, but on the bright side, I never have to go in TD ever again for any alts as I'll go straight to HoP.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If this is true, then lol at everyone that criticized me for saying Amazon Fury was a waste of time.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

Jesus, they just can't stop sabotaging this game with more and more asinine decisions.
    • Like x 2
  17. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Lol.....I love this. Spytle is probably behind the scenes like : ".....How do these damn leaks keep happening ! "
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

Source? Everything else you've mentioned is verifiable on test but that.
  19. Burnt New Player

I hope they keep the might that way. AM would truly be AWESOME :)
  20. Valsmurf Loyal Player

he said wild, not smart :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.