Work In Progress: Electricity Balance - Updated

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I think it would be nice if electrostatic bomb did burst damage. It would defiantly help even things out. The timings of the new animations seem ok with me...nothing stands out as an "omg this sucks" type. Still think it would be nice to hear something from a dev though...just to let us know that we are not falling on deaf ears
    • Like x 1
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I don't think DoTs are irrelevant. I would not stack more than 2 of any power set for bosses.
  3. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I am curious what this "awesome" mechanic we are supposed to get around gu38 is going to be. I am wondering if it is something like the spores...I think that is what it is called....for nature. Example is the electrified pi continuesly reapplying itself with a dot every time we use a bust power that benefits from that pi.....again I think that is how spores works...could be completely wrong, I have never played nature. If however that is the case not sure how I would like that...just a thought.
    It would also be nice if we knew something about this mechanic before the release so we could give opinions, feedback, and keep it in mind when thinking about how things should work for this power we love.
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I though about Ionic Drain working stronger on Electrified and polarized enemies, draining thouse around the target. A reverse overcharge if you will.
    • Like x 1
  5. ApolloMystique New Player

whatever it is, i hope it still has the same animations (or even enhanced) for voltaic bolt...add as many lightning effects u feel to be necessary...i LOVE it...just make it so that WM is still very useable...meaning strong hitting dots, insane bursts...CRAZY lightning explosions, etc...
  6. Snakey New Player

Electrogenesis should have max 12 seconds cooldown and StaticPush should have almost instant cooldown.

StaticPush, Shockwave and Attract need more range.

Attract should set up Polarized PI and have healing component for Healer role.

Tesla Ball should give healing over time to nearby allies for Healer role. Love the new fast animation.

Shockwave and VoltaicBolt should work both with Electrified and Polarized PI.

Overcharge can go down at the bottom of the skills tree and become a 35% finisher.
    • Like x 3
  7. SparkmanX Committed Player

Make all the line polarization indeed move things such as the text says. That these powers have the ability to move objects as it does mental once enemies are polarized.
  8. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Some changes I like to see happen with these: Oh it the description is red under the power. I had changed the description of the text.

Wired
    Depending on your role, Imbues you and up to 3 group members' weapon attacks with the power of electricity to either increase the chance of causing more damage or healing allies.

Power Interactions: Each hit on an enemy will cause them to automatically be Electrified, making them vulnerable to Electrified Power Interactions.

Healer Role: Increases restoration by +270 and grants +10% Critical Healing Chance and +10% Critical Healing Magnitude

Damage Role : Increases all damage by 45% until the hit counter resets.
    Buffs: +45% Might and +10% Critical Attack Chance, +10% Critical Weapon Attack Chance

Electroburst
    Blasts out a wave of electricity to cause damage to nearby enemies and knock down your target.

Healing Role: Electrified enemies will Heal nearby allies.
    Damage Role : Causes damage over time to enemies; increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets.

Changes: simply increase damage output.The melee range is fine in terms for damage roles. But make the initial hit get the WM buff. It's the burst hit followed by DoTs. It should be getting the WM buff then.

Healer Role: needs to have an increase in range while in healer role, other than that it'll be prefect.

Group Transducer
    Protect yourself and seven other teammates in electrically charged barriers. Group members are protected from incoming damage and regenerates health over time. While active, all incoming enemy attacks deal damage back at your attackers.

Usable While Controlled : 50% Supercharge Cost or 35% Supercharge Cost

Changes: needs to heal over time when you pop this SC. I don't use it because it doesn't heal. It would also make a great 35% supercharge as well, but that is optional.

Shockwave
    Streams electric bolts at enemies.

Power Interactions : Electrified enemies take more damage and may become rooted or forcefully explode.

Changes: Make this a 45% damage modifier. Increase the damage output with and without power interaction. Increase the range of this power to 15 meters. The range is terrible at the moment and doesn't hit the enemies in front of me sometimes. Also increase the width of the power. When there are two enemies in front of me at sometimes, Shockwave doesn't hit them both. So increase the width just a little bit so it can hit at least 2-3 enemies in front of the player. Shockwave should be hitting for the same damage if you're far away when you increase the range to 15 meters. This makes clearing out adds and bosses much easier.

Megavolt
    Blinds then shocks your enemies with a large explosion of electricity to cause widespread destruction.

50% Supercharge Cost
    Changes: Increase it's damage output. Make it comparable to Gadgets Bunker Buster Supercharge. Just one Bunker Buster can hit for a total of about 5000-8000 with 4600+ might. Megavolt should be doing the same.

Arc Lightning
    Strikes an enemy with a bolt of electricity that can then jump to and damage more enemies or jump to and heal allies.

Healer Role: electrified enemies will cause you to heal allies more. (Not the best description but what I'm saying here is that electrified enemies hit with this move while in healer role will cause you to heal your allies more.)

Damage Role : Increases all damage by 50% until the hit counter resets.

Changes: Increase damage output and make this a channeled move. Be sure to update the home turf mods for this. Another change is for healer role side. Please make this move heal the caster. Another reason I don't use this on my healer loadout is because it doesn't heal myself when I cast it.

Electrogenesis
    Depending on your role, creates an aura on 3 targets to damage enemies or heal allies overtime.

Healer Role: Heals allies overtime (be sure to make this an actual heal over time buff move, meaning when it's cast in healer role it shows the heart icon in the upper left hand corner)

Power Interactions: Electrified enemies take additional damage.

Changes: Make it hit three enemies instead of two. Also in healer role lit it hit 3 allies (one on yourself and two on team mates). In damage role increase the damage output, reduce cooldown and make it where electrified enemies take more damage. Give EG an extra tick, currently it ticks for 10 so an extra tick will add 10 more ticks behind it making it a total of 20 ticks with the electrified power interaction. This makes the Wired + EG combo much better. Also please reduce this power's cooldown time. The power is 12 sec but the cooldown is about 20 secs. Make the cooldown match the duration of the power. Lower it down to 12 secs.

Voltaic Bolt
    Strikes enemies in range with a bolt of electricity, possibly rooting or stunning them.

Power Interactions: Electrified and Polarized enemies will cause damage to other enemies around them.

Changes: Increase damage output and increase its range. The range is too small and needs to be literally point blank in their face. Make the range it about 10 meters away or make it a target-able power. When locked on an enemy you can cast VB and it'll hit them. Just like EC is a lock on target power. Plus it would be nice if Polarized enemies take extra damage as well. The cast time for this is fine. Put a Dot on the enemies it hits with power interactions.
    • Like x 1
  9. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Tesla Ball
    changes: The new tesla ball is fine due to the fast animations. But increase the damage output of it. It gets the WM buff too which is great. Also I recommend this power be switched with Ionic Drain's place. Going done the tree and getting EG and VB also with the TB would only take 7 Power Points if you do this

Attract
    Damages and pulls enemies toward you.

Power Interactions : Polarized enemies take more damage and are levitated for a short time.
    Damage Role : Increases all the damage by 45% until the hit counter resets.

Changes: Increase burst damage output and slightly increase it's range. The range of this power should be 15 meters. Make it where polarized enemies take additional damage. Also change it from 35% damage modifier into a 45% damage modifier instead. Make the WM of this stronger. Got 4600+ might and WM with this as of now only hits from 600-1100s which is weak.

Spark Barrage
    Unleashes 5 projectiles at an enemy to damage and knock them down.

Damage Role : Increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets.

Changes: Increase the range of this power to 10 meters. Make the Spark Barrages bigger and new animation. Increase the damage when used with WM. It does nothing as of now. WM makes them hit for 200s which is weak.

Overcharge
    Strikes an enemy with a large electric blast causing additional attacks to charge them until they explode.

Damage Role : Increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets.
    Changes: I suggest making this into a 35% finisher. The initial hit should get the WM buff. WM pretty much killed this power. The current text needs updating if you revamp it completely but keep the same animation and cast time.

Circuit Breaker
    Creates a localized burst of electricity to damage nearby enemies, doubles your might to dramatically increase damage and critical ability chances, protect against control effects and regenerate Health over time.

Usable While Controlled : 50% Supercharge Cost
    Power Interactions : Your weapon attacks will Electrifies and Polarizes enemies. While active objects to be attracted towards the enemies affected.

Changes: The current CB is somewhat useless as it doesn't even do any damage at all. This should be a revamp supercharge. Should be 50% SC cost as well. I suggest it should be revamped into this. Please give it a thought. And yes, I said double might because this is a SC that should only last for 20 seconds.

Flux

Usable While Controlled
    Healer Role: Encases you and up to 3 group members in an electrically charged bubble, that reflects damage back at enemies and prevents damage.

Damage Role: Increases all damage by 40% until the hit counter resets.
    Damage Prevention = 100% Dominance + 100% Restoration

Changes: Please make this a 4 man group shield while in healer role. As mentioned before, Electricity needs a group shield so putting a shield on yourself and 3 nearby allies is a must have update to balance electricity verse the other healer powers. The cast time should be the same as Swarm Shield if it's not already. But in damage role it should only be putting the shield only on yourself. Change the animation colors of the shields while in different roles. Electric is unique in which roles so make this power another unique one.

Electrostatic Bomb
    Tosses an electric grenade that pulls enemies into the center of the explosion.

Power Interactions : Polarized enemies take more damage and may be knocked into the air.

Changes: Increase the burst damage output of this move. It's one of Electrics strongest burst move and is extremely popular. Also, can you please make it automatically hit the enemy your targeted on. Napalm Grenade automatically hits the target it's thrown at even if you juggled the enemy into the air with Hand Blasters or a WM combo. As of the current moment, when you juggle an enemy into the air and then use EB against it. You'll miss it causing you to waste power. Please make it automatically hit the target as well as increase in burst damage output and don't forget to increase the power interaction damage output as well.

Additionally, it'll be nice if this gets the power interaction on electrified enemies as well. And please fix the issue of throwing this power at the ground. Somethings when you do a long range weapon combo and the enemy gotten knockback etc. You'll end up throwing the EB at your own feet. Right at the ground. That is just a waste of power and miss out on damage when that happens.

Static Push
    Forces enemies and objects away from you.

Vulnerable to Interrupt
    Power Interactions : Polarizes enemies causing objects to be attracted to them.

Changes: Increase the damage output of this move greatly. It hits weak for a burst damage move which can also hit multiple enemies. Please Increase the range of this move greatly as well. The range is too short and it cost a lot of power to use (which should be greatly reduce as well as all other powers). The range should be able to hit a boss you need to stay away from. I recommend that the range be increased to 15 meters. Lastly, please fix the issue that is currently wrong with this move. When it polarizes enemies, the power interaction for it doesn't work. This cause us electric damages to have to reuse Static Push again just to get the polarization power interaction to work like it should have been in the first place. This move should automatically polarizes the enemies it hits and it should work right away. So, if I for example cast Static Push then use Electrocute, the extra DOTs should be ticking. Please fix this power and consider the increase in it's range as well as reduce it power cost. As of now this move cost the most power just to cast. Reduce it's cooldown by about 1 sec.

Electrocute

Power Interactions : Electrified and Polarized enemies take additional damage.

Changes: Greatly reduce the power cost and cast time, remove the splitting of its damage (make it split after 3 or 4). Slightly increase the damage output. Rude the cooldown time. EC lasts for about 12 secs. Make it match the duration of the power.

Galvanize
    Creates a wave to heal yourself and allies within range, growing in strength with every ally healed.

Healing Role : Heals over time.

Changes: Please make it where the heart icon shows up in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Reduce the power cost of this move as well. It cost the most power for electric healers to use. Also increase the range of its heals. The range is sometime too short and doesn't heal allies.
    • Like x 2
  10. Max Volt Committed Player

After having found myself ghetto DPSing Dox on my quantum troller,.....once again I can tell you WE DO NEED AN INCREASE IN OUR BASE DAMAGE NUMBERS.

With 3300 Might my quantum alt with WM was critting his burst moves within the 5k range. I can't do that on my lightning main with 4350 Might!! :(

PS my alt has no mods (just tactical) so none of the bonus were active either!!
    • Like x 1
  11. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

*****crickets*****

I'm just waiting to see a Dev pop in and shine some light :/
    • Like x 2
  12. Max Volt Committed Player

Not once....something was posted somewhere else saying we will get our update in GU38 and new mechanics will be put in place .....whatever that means.
  13. spord Developer

I added a list of upcoming changes to the first page
    • Like x 10
  14. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I hear you. The worst part I feel is the really great ideas getting drowned in thread pages with 0 feedback.
    I'm curious as to how they have absorbed our suggestions thus far.

I'm real close to chalking up the idea of a revamp and just working with what I got now

***** edit
    Spord u snuck that post in b4 I posted mines ^^ sneaky dog YAY!
  15. not_again Dedicated Player

Thanks for the response Spord.

Major Highlights:

Ionic Drain is an under 35% finisher

Bio-Surge is now a multiple player heal based on how many member of the group have the Bio-Cap and invigorate aura.

Looks like an overall power reduction and damage increase for most powers.
    • Like x 2
  16. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I love you reading now.
  17. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Yay Arc's gonna electrify!!!

You guys can't not talk to us like that; Made me all kinds of sad
  18. Azrael New Player

I don't see any group shields being added.....
  19. spord Developer

Oh and Flux is now going to apply a shield to you and 3 other group members (it will only repel enemies from your shield). It will be in GU 37 but the rest is going to be GU 38.
    • Like x 19
  20. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Be honest, you haven't needed them yet, and if I'm not mistaken, group transducer is a group shield.
    Edit- your wish has been granted :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.