Work in Progress: Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Perfect.

I think thats a good reward...EVERYBODY uses MoT and they arent used to advance within the highest tier

Any idea how often you plan on releasing these?

Also, I cant stress enough how excited I am for this and know I likely wont recieve an answer, but, when to you see this dropping? Fair to assume sometime Post-GU 40 or later?
  2. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Keep replays and gear drops out of it this should be something people want to do for fun not feel they have to do . If they cost replays then you'll put gear in there that people feel they'll need to get so they'll spend more replays and that won't help anyone.
  3. Loche Developer

Not sure on how often we will release them just yet. Jack Frost is building this the "hard way" the first time. During this implementation, we are going to identify any new tech we could use to make this faster and easier. Once we have that, we can figure out how fast we can make them.
    As for this one, I cannot get it out fast enough. BUT, I dont want to rush it either. So as soon as we are comfortable with our progress, we will get it to PCTest.
    • Like x 15
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I would imagine groups that focus on DPS wont make it far.

Remember, its SURVIVAL mode aka an endurance test...The later we go, the more adds there will be, the more adds the more damage a tank will have to take and healers will have to heal...People want 2-2-2-2 content? This is it.

Hell, depending how they do it, we might not want to run any DPS...Either they do waves on a set timer OR when you beat 1 wave you get the next, if its the former we'll need DPS but if its the latter Id run as many support roles as possible
    • Like x 9
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Can I ask why these wont be available all the time but rather released occasionally for a short period of time like seasonals? I know that I'd want to run this as much as possible, pretty much all the time
    • Like x 4
  6. MasterBud New Player

Similar to COD zombies? Progressively harder and harder
  7. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Exactly...Just on Oa

We'll start out with a few adds, then whether they decide to do it based on a timer or after we defeat everything (I hope its the first), more will come until we get overwhelmed and die.
  8. Feenicks New Player

Sometimes it's hard to get 8 folks on test. Is it possible to make it a walk in?
    • Like x 2
  9. Lacedog Loyal Player

thats sounds like the ticket if possible. so many adds people will be begging for tanks and trolls.
    • Like x 4
  10. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Love this idea and don't mind the MoT's dropping but would also like to see exclusive styles drop in there when you get to a certain point as a kind of bragging rights.....

This has so much potential.....
    • Like x 3
  11. Lacedog Loyal Player

checkpoint styles!? yeah id take that
    • Like x 2
  12. Black Star New Player

I'm just now seeing this 6 pages in so I'll just throw in my 2 cents and you take it or not...

Love the idea.
    Would love for the progressive enemies go according to CR.
    For example:
    1st wave: Fresh Level 30 difficulty
    2nd Wave: 1st Alert Level difficulty
    3rd Wave: Kahndaq values
    4th Wave: Batcave Values
    5th wave: Central City Values
    6th wave: Fortress Values
    7th wave: T4 Alert Values
    8th Wave: Gates Vales
    9th Wave Prime Values
    10th Wave: Vengence/Blackdawn Values (not sure if they are too similar to separate)
    11th wave: FR/BIA Values
    12: MR/ST Values
    13: Nexus Values
    14: Dox Values
    15: AnB Values
    16: DLC 10 Values [With special drop for difficulty reached]
    17: Replay wave 10 with double set of mobs/bosses
    18: Replay wave 11 with double set of mobs/bosses
    ETC.

That should keep a few groups busy. High end players would burn thorugh the first half but may be challenged at the end. Especially with the doubling, or tripling. No one should end up "bored" or think it's "too easy" When you have to drop 6 T5 bosses at once.

Give a trash mob set before every boss fight like Oan. It will give us a chance to use armories in between as well.
    Unlike Oan, drop 2 healing barrel spawns at either side of the room that only reset after the wave is finished. and only after the clear the T5 values.

Prizes: Marks for rare/all style vendors. Alternate way to get hard to find styles.
  13. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

got a question...is objective to clear each wave of foes..or stay alive a certain length of time?
  14. chipzes Committed Player

I think the waves should be activated manually by the group through some kind of terminal/switch that becomes active each time the current wave is beaten. Similar to the FNL version groups would have the chance to repair, maybe refill consumables or just take a breath before starting the next wave instead of having to fight non-stop.

With MoT rewards I see one problem: the players who would be able to earn many of them through this would typically be the ones who do have more than enough anyway. If MoT were rewarded in this kind of content there should definitely be some new MoT sink available to give us a use for all those marks.
    Doing a single T4 raid per month can max out one mainframe category and with the introduction of T5 reward boxes maxing out the whole thing will be trivial, giving no actual value to even more MoT.
    • Like x 4
  15. Loche Developer

It is possible. I will mark it down.
    • Like x 11
  16. 1ndab0x176 New Player

Havent looked at all the pages and post yet, so hopefully no one has mentioned this, but can you possibly put an sp requirement on this. As of today in my league alone i know people who have far too few skill points to even think about nexus yet have full vestments of rage. Now in no way am i bashingthem, bravo on the gear, but when more than just raod marks are tje rewards i want to know the guy/girl next to me at least can furnish the skill points needed fpr the role they play. Just a thought
    • Like x 1
  17. TrueOlympus New Player

Put the walk-in in the War Room(and the villain war room). It will strengthen the illusion that it is a simulation!
    • Like x 11
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

By the way:

DO NOT ADD ENRAGE TIMERS TO ANY OF THE WAVES

We need to go away from this DPC centric content.
    • Like x 10
  19. Loche Developer

You will work your way through waves, interspersed with Bosses. When your entire group wipes, it is over. It's all about how far you get. Some people talked about leaderboards, we will not have leaderboards for this at launch. If we do add them later, I would imagine we would take into account how long it took you as well. But, we will discuss that when it comes time. Right now we are just giving you some hard content that you can play to see how far you can get.
    • Like x 11
  20. Lacedog Loyal Player

time to see how far my tank can go...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.