Work in Progress: Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I kinda like the sound of a Mark of Survival

Reward Marks of Survival and give us a vendor that sells various items...Superman ball, Demon/Lion/Clown/Manhunter/Toyman trinkets, boxes of exobits/bytes, Base items, auras, etc

I like the idea of getting something more useful than cosmetic items from this, but if thats the route they're going to go I want the chance to choose what I get

My first option still remains marks of triumph or exobits, but if that isnt an option then I think this would be cool
    • Like x 7
  2. Hero of Justice New Player

Love, love, LOVE this! Good discussion too, I'm really excited to see the development of this idea as everyone gives suggestions. The obvious sticky point is the rewards, IMO nothing even slightly progression-related (either with stats gear, or marks) should be included. However, there are still a number of good ideas that I agree with and could make this really awesome:

- A chit towards a rare style from the rare style vendor (Too Many Toons)
    - Exos (aceCase)
    - New Base Items/Unique Styles (like, 5 different people :p)
    - I'd also llke to see things like Promethium Lockboxes that only drop things flagged as "rare" (The styles, rare base items, and auras). Or perks from an "Endurance vendor as has been suggested with styles in there.

Ultimately though, I really think it should be as fun as possible, so I don't want the rewards to be so great it causes division. (I'm against Marks, Feats, Plans, or anything that makes progression easier for people). Just fun stuff and some unique perks that won't hurt enjoyment for others.
    • Like x 6
  3. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

My suggestion would be not going with the lantern theme.... there is MUCH more than enough lantern stuff in this game....

Maybe go with something else entirely or at least have changing types of mobs / maps per rotation...
  4. ORZ New Player

About the rewards influence is a currency that could have been expanded on that I want to see something similar used here. If the new "currency" can be used like influence to purchase new consumables: buff cola, sodas, or devices or base items like others have suggested. Then have them link the currency an individual gains and have a league influence with harder to earn and better awards.
  5. Feenicks New Player

Cuz Phoenix wings!!!! :)
    • Like x 8
  6. Feenicks New Player

Outstanding idea! It would also be like a sort of target dummy thing to test different loadouts with different roles.

I suggest making it a walk in instance for those brave enough to short man it.
    • Like x 6
  7. POWERCORE New Player

My idea is simple. Just make it a JUTICE LEAGUE 1-8 man TRAINING SIMULATOR like the XMEN have in their mansion. That way league mates or pug mates can continue training getting ready for any content we are waiting to do. TEAMWORK is most important. Just throw random bosses or adds at us to keep our skills as team fresh and at the ready. JUSTICE LEAGUE style! That teams learn to work together as one SUPERHERO SQUAD! This would be sooooo awesome!
    • Like x 2
  8. Notangie New Player

I agree and disagree. On the one hand, it sucks to see so many green-wearing players get op rings due to getting carried and getting lucky, but l also think if something is intended to test your limits the reward shouldn't be something that makes the game easier such as stronger gear.
    • Like x 4
  9. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Will it have a game wide leaderboard as well? that would be cool
    • Like x 6
  10. chipzes Committed Player

I like the idea too, and to avoid the issue you mentioned I think it would be alright to have mark rewards increase like PvE tier rewards - have them multiplied by 5 after each milestone. Then someone could spam lower Tier waves to get fast easy marks but he couldn't get the higher Tier rewards from the vendor (like right now in PvE you could spam T1 instances and eventually buy T2 gear but T4 or T5 gear will always be out of reach)
    For the actual (vendor) rewards I think they could be rare Styles, Lair Items, Exobits/bytes, or maybe golden Buff Consumables (like the ones in Promethium boxes, but tuned to endgame stats of course).

I think the instance should be locked to the first 8 players to enter it - if someone disconnects they can get back in, but you can't kick someone and replace him/join an advanced group to get higher Tier rewards/switch between alts. A group that enters this challenge would have to be determined and dedicated to get it done and really commit to the team they are entering as.
    • Like x 3
  11. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

This sounds like a ton of fun!

I'd like the loot to be styles.... either
    Something banged up like future Batman / Harley or Arkham Joker... been to war and back sort of thing
    or
    if it's easier Survival mode Weapon Style sets - 3 new sets that include feats for collecting them all.

Not Random drops though, purchased like seasonal vendors....
    then it could include styles and base items... just like a seasonal event.

plus the T-shirt:

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  12. Giggles Loyal Player

However, the strongest gear should not be left to luck. there should be some way to earn it via skill. this would be the perfect way to implement it, and ensure it takes skill to earn. Otherwise you can run the raids they drop in and get lucky, like we currently do. I am firm believer in that there should be a way to earn anything via luck or grinding/skill. Never only luck. :)
    • Like x 2
  13. MercPony Devoted Player

Eh.... I'm kinda both for and against feats with this. It depends what they would be for really.

As for rewards, styles and base items (cause ya know, some of us actually do like getting those) would be great. New rare trinkets that provide no real stat buffs and just for fun would be nice too. Or perhaps, unique reskins of current trinkets with the same stats. Trinkets you wouldn't be able to get elsewhere except Survival challenges. They would have to look really cool so its worth showing off.

All in all, I am super duper happy for this! A challenge that doesn't go towards progression just for the fun of it. That way no one is losing out on anything really :)
    • Like x 4
  14. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

I have to say, this feature is probably over due, but I commend the devs for taking the plunge into working/adding such a great feature. This feels like a great step towards developing for the player base in lieu of just for the money making machine. Good job devs.
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I know they make DCUO a lot of money, but unique Auras (like the Mist Auras from DLC9) might make some nice rewards.

They could even make an Aura tuned to each powerset.
    • Like x 7
  16. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I personally think a weekly thing would be nice. The reward end I think should definitely have things like R&D scanner or even bytes as prizes but it would have to be a decent amount of bytes. Styles would also be nice but they would have to be some of the more rare styles. No marks or gear should be an award...like you said not shortcuts.It would also be nice for some market place things like an armoury but that would have to be at a very high milestone marker...but I do not see that happening. A cool feature would be some different challenges ie...all dps...or no healers...etc. That would provide even more challenges than just a balanced group everytime.
  17. Starbrand Dedicated Player

The coolest moment, for me, in this game, was getting FOS2 speed feat, 1st one in USPC side.

So I am always pro hard feats :p

I just want to feel that hard work can give you amazing results.
    • Like x 1
  18. Notangie New Player

I agree, but from how l read it, this is supposed to test our limits, and l don't think asking for challenging content and wanting said challenging content to make you stronger makes sense. Earning gear is better than rng granting it, but something that's a challenge would get easier if it makes you stronger.
  19. POWERCORE New Player

I totally agree.....No PROGRESSION......I just want to train and fight to keep my skills up....ADRENALINE JUNKIE HERE.......JUST BRING ON THE WAVES AND LETS GET THE ACTION GOING!!!! Call it LEAGUE TRAINING SIMULATOR (L.T.S.) BRING EM ON!!!
    • Like x 1
  20. blueSTATIC New Player

You can maybe have feats attached to this? for example clear 20 waves, clear 50 waves, clear 100 waves.. etc. Also to make it more challenging you can set a timer on each "wave" if the timer runs out, the next wave will appear whether or not you have cleared the previous wave. That will be extra challenging when you get up into higher waves.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.