Work in Progress: Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassRelay New Player

And as always, diversity, diversity, diversity

make the mobs and bosses that spawn random...the mobs and bosses can still follow the theme of which ever map the current S. Mode is on but there are plenty of bosses to chose from for any map so that the rounds do not get too repetitive.

if too much diversity is ..a thing.. then just make the bosses random, but make the mobs from the previous waves themed after the up coming boss. for ex. if Freeze and scarecrow are the boss wave, make their gangsters and fear hallucinations be the mobs for the preceding waves.

This way the current group could either get comfortable knowing that they are going to fight a boss they know how to beat, or they could dread the up coming war because they recognize the mobs are from a boss that gives them a hard time.
  2. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Something in WIP category is weird... Oh, yeah, here's TOO FEW threads! l guess you, [Devs] can reveal details for next DLC right now! Already passed more than month since previous DLC launch. A fortiori, GU 39 will be most likely HoP #1, which l date as 1.5 month (2 week for GU 38 & another 4 - to finnish League Halls/Halls of Power). What is artifact weapons? Will we get new movement mode, promised almost year ago? How much chance to get Controller (or not controller) Power with it? We need answers!
  3. QuagmirePrime Well-Known Player

Not sure my wording was what I intended the first time. Here is a revision:

Also, I think a reward should be given at the completion of every round, not just every second round.
  4. Notangie New Player

I see leaderboards as a way to stop those brag threads. If they're as good as they think they are, they're on the leaderboard, if not on the leaderboard, they have nothing to brag over.
    • Like x 6
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yes I also would like a node to be used to start the next round( not wave).

Also I still think there should be simple completion feats for survival. Like complete X amount of rounds(Not reaching round x just completing them). That would encourage more people to play the content.

You say you dont want it to be progression or hinder progression, however the vault and its rare drops hinders people from completing feats which hinders them from skill points which is part of progression. The safehouse rescue mission is still bugged and hindering people from progression, so really there is no excuse.

There should(NEEDS) to be some feats associated with this game mode just like there are for the seasonal events.

My preferred feat would be: complete X amount of waves in survival
    complete X amount of rounds in survival

That way players are rewarded for simply playing the content.
    Style are cool and all but if the styles arent really awesome like exclusive auras or rare styles we really crave then it might lose luster.
    What will drive replay value and replay badge sales are skill points even if they are skill points geared toward the casual player. Plus I am pretty sure the devs want people to use up their replay badges before DLC11 comes out :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Incredible Wrecker New Player

It should award marks of fury when you go deep into it. No feats and no marks of fury equals useless to high end players.
  7. Incredible Wrecker New Player

True story.......
  8. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

I think MoF are pointless because we already have many ways to get MoFs. Why go thru all the hassle in s.mode to get MoF when you could get it in easier means.
    • Like x 1
  9. Incredible Wrecker New Player

Yes you can get them others ways. That's my point why run it without incentive? Without marks or feats it is a waste of time and effort for me as a player and for them as a development team.
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

The incentive imo is to show you are the best.
    • Like x 5
  11. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

I agree 100%. There is no incentive except 1. The only incentive is to make a post in the forum stating I made it this far! And we all know that those threads dies with a couple of days. Once that die, who cares?
    This mode will die quickly unless they add some good motives asap.
    • Like x 1
  12. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Agreed.
    • Like x 1
  13. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Their is another incentive. FUN. They are making these for people to have a fun challenge. To make it so not everyone feel that they HAVE to do it.
    • Like x 5
  14. Incredible Wrecker New Player

This just shows you're good at this. It in no way shows you are the best at dcuo. At all. we wouldn't even have to have this discussion if the developers didn't bend to cry babies.
  15. TrueOlympus New Player

EXACTLY. That is why no feats is probably for the best. Because if it did have feats.... The Devs would listen to the nerf calls of the "crybabies"/
    • Like x 4
  16. Eminence Dedicated Player

This mode wont just be for bragging rights, but it will actually help people with their roles, like a practice mode. So what if you dont get to the level you desired, bet you learn things after going against things as challenging as this mode brings. Who doesn't want to get better? Just because you dont get MoF, gear or feats dont mean you wont actually get anything out of it.
    • Like x 8
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This WIP thread is now locked as Survival Mode's prototype launches on PC Test!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.