Another Tank Retiring

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Mar 6, 2014.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Just ran A&B and got blamed for not holding Hank despite using frost snipe on him every time he attacked a group member with his scripted attack. I'm tired of running with people who don't know about scripted attacks and then blame me for it. I'm sticking to my controller from now on.
    • Like x 29
  2. Kobal87 New Player

I don't Blame you man, its not ur fault Hank will always come out and attack the key is when he does that YOU HAVE TO STOP ATTACKING!! and let you the tank pull him back. I hate people that like to blame other people for there mistakes.
    • Like x 12
  3. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Sorry to hear that. There's nothing you can do about scripted attacks and if the people you're running with cant figure that out then they're clueless....

Thankfully I usually run it with my league and they're not morons and understand the game mechanics.

Hopefully they put something about scripted attacks in the upcoming loading screen tooltips.
    • Like x 9
  4. Bysill New Player

Hank escaping is more the fault of the other roles than the tank. This game desperately needs more tanks. The DPS crowd is always quick to blame a tank, but try running without one. I'm a DPS (and healer), and i know, without a tank Assbat cannot be done. Hold on, one day people will understand your struggle.

EDIT: on the other hand, this game needs controllers as well, so... What's your tank and controller's name? I'll add you to my raid if i'm running AnB with decent folk.
    • Like x 4
  5. Fruity Reaper New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 21
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The worst part was that when I said: "omg, you don't know about scripted attacks? Aggro makes no difference during those" the player responded that he did know and then continued to say, "But you need to hold Hank and pull him to you."

First, pulling is a bad idea in A&B since the Manhunters often get pulled with the bosses, so I use Frost Snipe. Second, no matter how much a tank aggros Hank, sometimes his scripted attack just keeps going and there is nothing we can do about it. The only other possibility I see other than the scripted attack continuing longer than normal is that aggro is still broken for tanks and the developers did not really fix it as promised.
    • Like x 2
  7. Raptor T. Committed Player

Yep I've had this issue when tanking the last boss of AnB. Scripted attacks do happen and there is nothing you can do to avoid it. You'll just have to taunt the boss back and wait for him to attack you after he finishes his combo.

What I do is I ALWAYS run AnB with Squad 11 (league) OR with just friends in general. I've only pugged AnB ONCE and it didn't turned out well.

And FEST that would be a great idea. To add scripted attacks as loading screen tool tips so that other players would know.
    • Like x 4
  8. TheRealDeathern New Player

It may help if you follow a couple of rules I have fabricated to handle issues such as what you have recently experienced.

Rule Number One: Run Higher Content Only With Your League or Friends

Rule Number Two: See Rule Number One.

Hope this helps. If you need a league or a friend let me know. We are always looking for quality players that enjoy playing for fun and entertainment.
    • Like x 11
  9. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Wow :( Another tank lost the battle of the uninformed pug group.

It seems you need to place yourself among like minded individuals to keep you from giving up tanking. Might I suggest you find one of the many leagues that know what's going on? :)
    • Like x 2
  10. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I also flip to frost snipe in the last room because otherwise my inescapable storm will pull manhunters all over the place. Even if we had double our current dom you cannot pull the bosses, just get their attention so they come to you.... You obviously know that, and to stop playing a role just because you happened to get grouped with clueless people stinks.

His scripted aggro move can seem like it's going on forever because people don't stop pummeling him when he does his move. In my league runs everyone knows to block, then get away from him. If he drops anyone we have one of the trollers pop a shield, and do the pickup. Hank is off limits to attack until he returns to the tank. Once he returns that's also when people will pop supply drops because otherwise it seems like those things are a Henshaw magnet.

There's plenty of burn in the game, people can wait the 10 seconds it takes to let Henshaw come back to where I'm standing before they drop all their damage on him.
    • Like x 4
  11. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Puggies gonna pug. Sorry to read this.

What I honestly don´t know if is some people are so dense that they don´t spot a mechanic after X times. I grasped Atrocitus´, Bleez´s and Hank´s scripted attacks at my second run and now I manage to survive them almost every time (except for Hank- he still 1-shoots me even if I block). Why can´t people do the same? I´m getting tired of A&B´s wiped at the first fight because no one bothers to block Atrocitus or Bleez.
    • Like x 1
  12. Fruity Reaper New Player

On the villain side I have lost Walker once or twice and ended up pulling him, the blue lanterns, their dogs, passers by, and I am pretty sure a GM monitoring us once and then turtled so the league melted everything, scripted attacks are a pain, especially having to explain them to a pug who refuses to understand.

Don't give up on tanking though as this DLC is designed for Tanks and Trolls and not Pew Pew for a change, don't let a pug stop you enjoying it ;)
    • Like x 7
  13. Burnt New Player

And now people are asking for TWO tank raids. I guess they want to spread the blame around
    • Like x 5
  14. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

This is why leagues are your best bet. Wish you the best cuz Id say trolls get the goods way more than a tank in pugs. I love trolls though & IMO they are the most important role in the game.
    • Like x 2
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I've been blamed a few times for MHs getting loose on my troller, but at least that I can defend myself with since anyone with eyes can see that the MHs I was stunning were stunned (or that Hank took me down and that's how they got loose). It's a lot harder as a tank to explain scripted mechanics to PUGs who won't listen to reason.
    • Like x 2
  16. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Leeave the group, they'll probably stay there for another couple of hours
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

1. Stop PUGing
    2. Better Tank to Troll than Tank to DPS
    • Like x 2
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

Stop attacking to move out of the way? yes.

Stop attacking so a tank can taunt? No.

A tank can taunt a boss while someone attacks the NPC. I've heard his in a PUG before. it's misleading and flat out wrong. yall hear? A tanks taunt from yellow damage raises there position on the hate table greater than yellow damage from any other role.
    • Like x 4
  19. Fruity Reaper New Player

I was under the impression that any tank power has such high aggro numbers that it would trump any other attacks by other players so no matter what as long as the tank casts he will grab aggro as long as boss not in a scripted attack.
  20. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I'll never give up tanking. I'll always explain and if they too hard headed to know or understand I simply leave and leave them hanging. Happen to me once when agro for tanks were messed up and was hard to keep agro, they kept saying I was a bad tank I didn't know what I was doing.

So I told em what u do when general in nexus jumps around one of few bosses that does that. And the response ' which is general ' lol....and that's why when I pug I won't take anything to the heart or feel bad in any way. Because most of them are uninformed or skipped content. So I try explain, and if they still don't listen and still blame me I just excuse myself and wish EM luck. 90% of the time the group either ends up not finishing it or take EM he to find another tank, or my fav. ask me to come back lol. So don't worry man keep tanking don't let the books or pug bring u down.
    • Like x 4