Another Tank Retiring

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Lightchain13 New Player

And they wonder"where are all the tanks at on this game"? Lol if people quit blaming tanks and start helping we would have more tanks
  2. EXINGTON Well-Known Player

You should make a boss fight where the main boss can teleport from room to room through a teleport pad and quantum tunnels to teleport pad. Kinda of like the split in FOS 2 where the team is forced to split, but the basis of the split, and the reason why it was being run the unintended way, was cause the health of the NPC on the other side of the tunnel was enough that it gave the raid team enough leeway to burn the boss to half health before the NPC on the other side died.

I remember when FOS 2 first came out and I heard of the split and saw how it was executed and then eventually regularly run for the rest of the T3 progression was a bit disappointing. Don't get me wrong I loved the whole concept of the split, but I thought the split woulda been better executed if there was more of a forced split between the parties that was an integral part of the progression of the raid.

If you had a boss that had quantum tunneling and can port from one room to another it would definitely make a 2 tank raid a lot more necessary, split the group evenly down the middle, kinda of like the split in FOS 2 except we are fighting the twin bosses in parallel rooms at the same time, or maybe even vertical ??? I always dreamed of being in multi floor raids in DCUO, and you have an NPC you have to protect or you have to stop the boss from destroying something or he hits an enrage timer or a insta wipe attack hits.

It would be nice to see something new like this for t6, definitely would be fun, could help balance out the Pug community if you make it part of the easy raid.

Personally in the entire game, back when FOS 1 first came out, I remember the sunstone broodmother fight, now that fight was challenging, whenever I was on a team with low DPS players we would use a 2 tank strategy where one tank would tank the 3 bodyguard adds and the other would fly off to the side pull the crabs off the ledge. Of course when the DPS was strong the fight went smoothly with 1 tank, but that's just an example of fight were 2 tanks became a great convenience in a boss fight if the team wasn't exactly up to par at the time when that was the hardest boss fight in the hardest raid in the game.

I really really like the idea of a split boss fight and would probably make a lot of headway back to forming 2 players per role teams, I don't like choking for power though as well as many of my compatriots =p. Give the bosses medium to low health but make them hit hard as a truck, should be a fun ride...
    • Like x 2
  3. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Is it even possible to pug a&b? I joined a group that was in there for 400 minutes, only way I was able to finish it was because after every person left, I replaced them with one if my league mates. By 500 minutes it actually turned into a league run, lol.

So has anyone actually pugged a&b? I'm talking about from the on duty menu, not the LFG chat
  4. Raptor T. Committed Player

If you're having trouble holding Hank, you could attempt to use consoles.... Something I found out on accident...
  5. MR Self Destuct New Player

TANK WHY YOU NO AGGRO LOL
  6. KN1TE Dedicated Player

QUESTION:

How will Tanks be made viable/useable in the next tier?
    Currently, tanks r only needed in 3 raids. Nexus, Paradox & A&B. All other raids, ops, alerts DO NOT require them & most people will NOT use them at all & use 2 DPS. People will leave a group just because a tank is in the group. Having W.M. will help a tank do more damage, but it does not make them valid. To eliminate the tank as a cast away something else must be done. These alerts/ops. have to be made so 2 DPS can NOT do it. The outcry will b...u can't find tanks though! Yes, that is because for 8+ months all these 4 man missions have been going tankless because they can. For the sake of doing things faster/more damage. This is when the tank decline started even more.

Suggestions/Possible solutions:

Tanks should have 3-4x the health over other roles. So when there r boss fights there is NO WAY other than having a tank aggro a boss to pass it. It would be nice if the tank could battle the boss & weapon & power attacks would cause aggro on the boss. So as long as the tank is active the boss is on the tank and other roles can do their job. The block feature should only have to be used for certain counter moves from the boss and if the boss goes for another role like Acrostise (forgive spelling) in first boss room in A&B there is a tell when he is going to charge & knock people out. They need to dodge or block or jump cancel. Part of the reason why the new content is not challeging is because tanks were not need right from the beginning. Roles need to b equally important. A DPS should do about dobule the damage of all roles and all roles should get to do damage like this new W.M. is saying they will. But a tank should not b a turtle blocking all the time. In some situations yes but not most the time. Having to block should b a very small portion now especially with PVP mechanics (they need to work better as u can block break 4 out of 5 times and it doesn't block break Sinestro in A&B and other bosses). Most tanks don't like to sit there and just block. As long as aggro/taunt works properly that would make the game more challenging, not hard, but have challenge with communication & all roles needed once again.
  7. TheRealDeathern New Player

Planet Pluto.

We are a small, close knit league that plays all content together without issue. We are drama free, and have been around for 2 plus years on the hero side, we rarely openly recruit and limit our membership numbers to around 50 active toons. We have two simple rules, play within league when you can vs pugging, and be active. We treat all our members with a great deal of respect and in turn, our members are very loyal, many have been with us since we started the league.
    • Like x 1
  8. Krypson New Player

Lol these guys are your friends? Exington was just in watchtower today talking about how YOU have turned this game to crap and he's going to bankrupt your game by convincing all your players to leave and join champions online. Some friend. Lmao
    • Like x 4
  9. Proto1118 Committed Player

I pugged it this past Thursday. I did "last boss" first and then decided to pug and get the first 2 bosses and leave right after.

When I got into the pugged group, they were at 65 minutes on Atrocitus. I was a DPS but switched to a healer as they seemed like they needed help staying alive. What does the group do next? They kick the other healer! SMH. I tried to stop it but it was 1 vs the rest of the team. The sad thing was, it was the same healer who was in my "last boss" run and also got kicked. The reason he got kicked in that one was because he had majority of 85 gear AND a Ring of OP but modded it with Synthetic Resto V.

Anyways back to the pug. We wiped a couple of times because they didn't know how to avoid Atrocitus' charge and players kept getting kicked and replaced by opening up the instance. A new tank comes in and it's pretty smooth sailing from there.

After the second boss on Ranx, I was going to pretend to freeze and leave but I'm not a jerk, even though my intent was to be one, so I stayed. The burn was slow but it got the job done. I solo'd healed, people went down but always got picked up. The controllers had the Manhunters stunned for the most part. I don't even think we wiped at Sinestro.

So yes, short story long, you can pug A/B. You just need some luck on your side. Tank and healer :p made the difference.
    • Like x 1
  10. SKAVANGER408 New Player

He does like to talk a lot in WT these days.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proto1118 Committed Player

No way am I am ever switching to CO (even though I love the customization options). Too much time and money put into DCUO plus it's fun and I'm a big DC fan.
    • Like x 3
  12. Krypson New Player

• Like x 1
  13. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Lol there's so much more that the community doesn't know about him.
  14. HermanRuth New Player

Pulling can actually be good if your DPS and trolls are in on the game plan. Bring all of em together and burn. Trolls have to know to not encase. This is my favorite way.
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Hopefully they can have good content that requires tanks so I can make my new movie called

"DCUO Rise of the Tanks"
    • Like x 1
  16. MentalGiftz New Player

Oh man Kryp I hear ya. I had my mods stolen during a trade with BBG as well. He was grouped with Spytle cause just played them in pvp.Although when I kept insisting he make the mod or give back the mats he"BBG" said oh yeah one sec. 5 minutes later I received a 3-day ban for harassment + BBG got to keep my mods and upon my return taunted me about it til he grew bored. So yeah there was for sure some shady stuff happening. I also saw Exingtons rant about spytle and boycotting the game yesterday. Unbelievable considering the special treatment those tools received over the years from devs.
  17. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

at least you werent in the group with the guy that thinks Pot stacks and he likes to yell at people about sucking if they dont have both trolers casting pot, :p

but i hear ya OP....
    hate to tell ya though the same type thing happens to trolls and heals as well.
    i cant tell you how FRIGGIN pissed it made me one night in a & b trolling and getting lectures from peopl on how to use basic pulls and stuns.... after 3 and half years of trolling:rolleyes:
  18. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

amen to that.
    pretty much how i deal with and get satisfaction from running with morons these days.
  19. J Zmooth New Player

Pugging any t5 raid is not healthy . Causes you to age faster due to stress.
    • Like x 1
  20. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

You people are crazy! 9/11 was an inside job!