Another Tank Retiring

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Vinny Tireshine New Player

ahhh, that doesn't count you deserter. The last boss is the hardest, I was referring to actually finishing A & B. But since that post I did join a group from the on duty menu and we actually completed the last boss.
  2. Mad9 New Player

People don't want to wait. I've experienced many times that people don't even wait for everyone to phase and come in the first room of mogo and start the raid without them. I'v experienced the team to focus so much on their role that they won't even care to revive another player fallen right next to them. DPSs not caring or listening to anyone or anything except chasing max damage. At the last boss, the DPSs won't even destroy the batteries coz they are single mindedly focused on Damage and bosses.
    Pfffff!
    I guess I had to take it out here.
  3. SpirtVenture New Player

There is a way of stop'n "Hank's Dash ".

1st. You have to tank "Hank" with you back to the group and "Hank" facing them.

2nd.When he stops all of a sudden and points adjust to block his "flight dash path" then block asap and brace for impact.

Presto ! No more scripted attacks .
  4. Makaveliac New Player

This thread is so full of LOLFAIL!

DCUO has been dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. Stop complaining about the mechanics and/or the truly terrible players that can't understand them.

I love these guys sniping at the players from Iconics, thinking they somehow get special treatment from or collude with the devs.
  5. MentalGiftz New Player

LOL Sniping at Iconics??? thinking they somehow??? Did you even read my above post??? Have you ever received a 3-day suspension for having your r&d mats stolen??? Come back and talk to me then.
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

7. Ice Lantern New Player

Whenever someone blames me for something like that I simply ask him if he's stupid and if he knows what scripted attacks are. That usually shuts people up.
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I was a little nicer about it than calling the player names. I asked him if he knew that Hank was doing a scripted attack. He explained that he wanted me to trap Hank. I refused because I do not like making raids/operations that are already fairly easy to survive mind-numbing and boringly easy.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kephrys New Player

For a time I was very uncomfortable with tanking mechs and asked for advice.
    Dark Horus gave me the best one !
    • Like x 3
  10. the swoosh New Player

or you could just tell them they have a block button lol....if ppl blame me for not tanking ill just wipe and not tank for 1 round and let em see what it looks like when im not tanking, useually shuts em up lol (or gets me kicked XD)
    • Like x 1
  11. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Perhaps we should add something to the combat log that says (untankable) on certain attacks that force a new target. But that would be pretty time consuming. Anyway, just brainstorming, because I can sympathize with your reaction. Though I would say that retiring might be extreme, as it is a pug. Perhaps I can help salvage this for you with the following:

Hey, Leagues out there looking for a tank, give this guy a shout in a PM and see if he is a good fit for ya!

Running with friends and knowledgeable people does make a difference.
    • Like x 12
  12. FESTER665 Devoted Player

That would be a huge addition Jens.... I know you're just brainstorming, but if that could ever make it's way into a build it would be great. The entire league knows about scripted drops, but like was mentioned in this thread, some PuG's still think this is on the tank.
    • Like x 1
  13. Little Sister New Player

Or we could get rid of those scripted attacks.
    • Like x 1
  14. VariableFire Loyal Player

The problem many tanks face starting off is that there is a lack of logged proof that they know what they're doing. DPS, Trolls, Healers, they all have something on the scoreboard that they can point to that says they're doing their jobs. Tanks...not really. The closest stat a Tank gets to point at would be Damage In but that fluctuates and is actually inversely proportional to the rest of the groups effectiveness, not to mention that the different tanking mechanics would give different numbers even if effectively tanked the same. The only "tangible" evidence the tanks gets is if the group wipes, which can happen quite easily through no fault of the tank.

Scripted attacks just make this even worse, as it just reinforces whatever negative feeling the rest of the group has on the tank (and the whole solo tank thing does not help either but that's a different topic). Maybe if there was a standard "Enraged" icon over bosses' heads that effectively said non-tankable during that phase it might help, not sure if worth adding though.
    • Like x 1
  15. RavenSW Well-Known Player

Its been said that a good troll or healer is never noticed. Anytime people give them any thought is when they don't receive power or healing. Tanking on the other hand is more noticeable, everything we do is being watched. Far too few people understand the mechanics, such as sub bosses in necro need to be lunged at to interupt scripted walks to artifacts. Tanks have a smaller window to do this, as once he starts walking away from us, our lunges can fall behind. But people who can't grasp these mechanics is no reason to quit. We may be the quickest to get blamed for bad runs, we are also quickest to be recognized for good ones
  16. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

This is called necro-posting, resurrecting very old threads on the forums.

But regarding scripted attacks, the message in Lockdown about Mantis attacking uncontrollably makes it pretty obvious (I hope) that the tank can't keep aggro. Could have more of these messages for the people new to the game.
    • Like x 3
  17. Zerefu New Player

Yeah dude and someone called me a bad healer because they took damage and I didn't heal them! But what he didn't know what that I didn't heal him on purpose...'cause he called me stupid ;)
  18. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

This is actually my favorite thread of all-time. You guys should go back and read a few pages, it's pure comedy.
  19. Marine Death Committed Player

I love the scripted attacks. I love the sense of panic and being able to survive such attacks gives a sense of accomplishment. "Thank God I rolled out of the way."
  20. Lightws Dedicated Player

Why not simply body block him sooo he never lunges?