US and EU PC Server Downtime - January 21, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 21, 2014.

1. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

don't u believe that almost 80%-90% of DCUO would be banned because to exploit means to show, reveal a glitch which can be said about people who talked about it in chat channels?
  2. Ogat New Player

3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

And/or strip them of feats obtained whilst glitching?
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

One of the key features of armories is to switch while in combat. If I take a break to do that, I'm dead by the time I exit my inventory screen in most situations where I would need to switch. Most players only switch mid-combat when instances get rough, so there is no time to put colas in. I have had groups wipe a few times due to me not having a cola in my consumable slot from an armory switch.

Sometimes one cola means the difference between me being able to get health and power to pick people (usually healers) up and not being able to do so. If I can't pick a healer up, that can lead to a wipe.

Guess I'll have to re-imprint every time I run a raid. I usually go through 6-36 colas per raid for power out on my Controller, so I'll have to imprint with one stack when in DPS stance and another stack when in Controller stance and hope both stacks follow the never shall the two mix rule.
  5. Dirty Fred New Player

So you finally gonna solve the outstanding issue with the STAFF NERF:)?

(well while you do that please fix that armory glitch aswell)
    • Like x 1
  6. IvoMnik New Player

Given the state of the game , and how on EU PC similar attack speed with Rifle was reported more than 40 days ago (HELLOOO armories didn't exist back then ), and how nothing has been done about it , or the player - they won't ban anyone , or at most only fresh subscribers. Those who have proven themselves loyal for an extended period of time will get a free pass this time . Otherwise if bans are to be issued , the game might face server permanent shutdown cos indeed it was 80-90% of the playerbase , at least on EU PC, abusing the glitch
    • Like x 1
  7. DCUOPoe Level 30

Blacklisting on the forums isn't tolerated as much as cheating isn't tolerated in-game. I blacklisted quite a bit on the old boards. Be careful with that.
  8. Theonemanlemonadestand New Player

bro its not that serious.
  9. Dirty Fred New Player

BANs should be issued & MUST be issued to set an example!
    ofc they cant ban all the offenders but they can submit BANs to the worst offenders to make a Point!

If nobody will get banned for this we will end up in same situvation next time again somebody finds a glitch to abuse....
    • Like x 2
  10. Weapon7 New Player

I think 80-90% is quite overrated, but yeah I didn't even enter any legends match the last 2 days. Anyway I prefer perma bans or honestly as a paying customer I expect perma bans. But hey, just my 2 cents.
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Since I am de-railing the thread, I won't comment beyond to say that how it affects you may be different than how it affects others.
  12. FaxChecker New Player

Lighten up Francis
    • Like x 6
  13. Kiss New Player

Erm. How is reimprinting more convenient than simply, Iunno, equipping a new stack?
  14. Rafe New Player

I'm not sure what the pvp video shows, I pvp extremely rarely if at all, I may have missed it entirely. I have, however, seen the Rifle-glitch. I did a couple duos with someone who was actively abusing said glitch and to be brutally honest, I was disappointed overall with their performance. While, ofcourse they beat me on the scoreboard (both of us were dps) I wasn't far behind and I had no deaths to his 2, likely due to his godmode-overzealous attitude in said content. Overall, I can't wait for this fix to take effect and those scrubs exploiting to be dealt with accordingly. After the fix, I'm sure those who had to rely on said exploits will go back to the bottom of the barrel...
    Cheers!
  15. Miss Adora Loyal Player

are you sure that was an armory glitch and not a speed hack? I played legends today and didn't run into any of that!
  16. IvoMnik New Player

Heh , you aren't playing on EU PC then . For there , the 80% is actually an understatement .
  17. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

You are right, it was not my intention to list names. My bad. I suppose I am just curious if there are going to be any repercussions for those who did. I don't want to know who is punished, just if there is going to be any. Is that still considered blacklisting? (Honest question)
  18. CCBatson Dedicated Player

Okay, well... I can't help you there. I go through maybe 2-4 in a raid, and 6-8 in a PVP instance. Everytime I finish an instance, come to a pause, or a cut scene, I make sure to do a "topping-off" of my equipped stack, just in case.

I rarely go through an entire stack without a chance to "top off" so I dunno...

I'm pretty sure each stack is imprinted individually, so as long as the last soder in a stack doesn't get consumed, you can have one stack for your DPS armory, another stack for your controller armory, and they will not get confused.
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Because then I can switch during combat and have colas in the consumables slot. Switching in combat and then re-equipping could mean that I am knocked out in the time I am in my inventory re-equipping, which defeats the purpose of switching in combat.

I guess both are inconvenient depending on how you look at it and the situation involved for using the armories. I'll adjust to the mechanics since they are likely there to stay. The only way I see around it is to have a menu option for consumables with armories, but as I said, I'll probably just have to adapt. No big deal; most of my issues are minor and probably just due to the newness of the armory functions.
  20. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

You know, I'm not sure about that...but, I tried to avoid PVP for the last couple of days, ya know?

This is my fault, I should have snipped the video because I was not referencing the video itself, just an alternative to banning. Sorry for the confusion.