synthetic mods and how no one is using them

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Alexander 2814 Active Player

They are sold by the iconic gear vendors. On the hero side the meta wing T3 vendors sell T3 mods. The magic wing T4 vendors sell the T4 mods and the Prideful vendor in wastelands sells the T5 synthetics.
  2. Redscreen5 New Player

Not sure about that just logged on PS and seen a few running around with IV and V mods. This is probably one of best solution to the moaners of interfaces. Good adjustment by the devs i'd have to +1 them for this, farming is like doing a job IRL in the game smh.
  3. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Hey, thanks. I'll be visiting there when I get on next. Much appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  4. Redscreen5 New Player

It's quicker in PvP for me. I tested it and get 40 marks per win in 1v1. The mods cost 20 or 25 marks so for every one win you can get two mods, although not V. That puts the entirety of interface arguments to bed. & with the growing amount of premium users prior to PS4 they really have dodged a bullet. Because as a premium sooner or later interfaces do become a roadblock
  5. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I use them to raise cr then when I get enough resources, I replace them.
    • Like x 3
  6. Alexander 2814 Active Player

No problem man. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

My alts all got these. Some 5's for MoR, but I wanted to save those for the most part, so I just went with 4's for MOTriumph which I have in abundance. Which is still WAY better than Betas.
    • Like x 1
  8. neidler New Player

I just ran with a buddy gearing up his support role and he had full syn mods
  9. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

Synthetic mods are definitely just filler mods from T3 to T5, once you get to T5 you will eventually have to farm/purchase/trade for bits to get your toon to where it needs to be to get into the high end stuff. it's just another way to speed up the CR leveling in the game.
  10. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

A lot of people from the community are grateful about then specially those who have been scammed in the past by some shaddy crafters. 2 quick questions:
    - Will the multiple stat (for example: Might & Power V) mods will be available in the future, even if they were with an increased cost?
    - Will the Expert Plans will be available as a loot to players that don't have the Origin Crisis DLC? (I know we can trade them or buy them in the broker for 45 to 50 Mills but not everybody got access to the Wayne fortune).
  11. Vermilion the Original New Player

My take on this is that, with all due respect, this has been your experience and is in no way an accurate, quantitative measure of the overall number of players using mods, or declining to use mods. Anecdotal data is exactly that ... anecdotal.
  12. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

I don't think the synthetic mods will be split stat for a while, especially since one of the driving factors to people even wanting to run T5 content is the chance to get these mods.
  13. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I love the new synthetic mods. They have made playing my alts a pleasure again. I no longer have to stress about exos and modding.
    • Like x 1
  14. Abstrakt Loyal Player

i think well see an increase in use once armories go live i for one will use them in my alt gear for my toons
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Expert plans will drop in the 4-Man Operations in DLC 9: War of the Light Part 1. I imagine they will also drop in the 8-Man Operations too.
    • Like x 2
  16. MentosTroll Loyal Player

would it be difficult to have an in-game at the player select screen, just a text page, showing the patchnotes of the most recent update?
  17. RSL New Player

how about the open world? how about wearing a beta? how about wearing a t4 mod [from MoT]? how about ANYTHING except coming in with nothing on and expecting a handout? don't pretend you don't have options. you have a lot of them. you merely choose not to work.
    • Like x 1
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I don't think a lot of people know about synth mods, or if they see them, don't understand that they work like regular mods.

Also, I think a lot of synthmods are unhelpful, too ... what's a dps gonna put in their blue? I think some people have the conversation in their heads "Really, I should waste 5 MoR on a health mod to get the bonus? Or, the MoT I could use toward rent, catalysts, and getting all four sets of T4 gear? I'd rather put in a beta in my transient gear. Oh, but I'd rather keep every byte I can get for my real mods, because it takes so frikken many. I'll just leave it for now."

Myself, I was pretty much modded anyway, or close to it. On characters where I wasn't, if I have the time, I'll run a Challenge that has a T4 guy at the end (a mission that I've been putting off, but need to do so I don't fill up my inventory with mission tokens) ... and I'll have the 125 MoT and the cash on hand to buy a T3 synthmod.

I still need to look up what synthmods it will take to make a T4 character T5 eligible.
    • Like x 1
  19. Cadens Dedicated Player

I used them on my PVP gear as I gained more gear. I am saving experts for the last set.
  20. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

I am guessing this was a troll statement. But yes it drives me crazy when people are clueless what is in an update when the information is RIGHT THERE. They don't have to ever set foot on the forum to see exactly what was changed just by checking the patch notes before logging onto a toon.