synthetic mods and how no one is using them

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Sore Steadfast Player

If it's between a HEALTH & MIGHT mod in a blue socket for affinity or a MIGHT mod in a blue socket with no affinity, the little loss in might to get the crits is worth it. I've done the math.

BUT

If it's between a HEALTH mod in a blue socket for affinity or a MIGHT mod in a blue socket with no affinity, I haven't run the math on that. But that's a much bigger drop in might. People might be surprised to find it's better to skip the affinity on that. When I get around to the math, I'll let you know. LOL...Shiny will probably beat me to it.
  2. Alexander 2814 Active Player

I know plenty of guys that use them. We have a guy in our league that had taken most of last year off. He came back and thanks to synthetics and the changes to Raven loot drops we were able to get him from cr77 to cr94 in just a few hours. The synthetics are a welcomed change to DCUO to allow players to level up faster, maintain their interest and keep this game going for all of us.
    • Like x 3
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

:confused: Farming marks? You can get enough marks for one mod by doing a single alert, that's hardly farming. Alternatively you can get enough by doing as little as 2 rounds of PVP since the one in the PVP vendor are only 50 MoV each. Although to be fair you would have to have a PVP CR of 89 or above to get them in such a short time through PVP.
  4. Whiteroom New Player

I put some in my traces healer gear, but I only use that in low tier content when no one queues in as healer.
  5. Mary Bliss Committed Player

Mods for marks made me play again.

And yeah I will put red mods in blue sockets as dps or go pure precision mods on my healer.

The real thing that can hurt is only in getting your Cr up, you get less levels for off color mods.
    • Like x 1
  6. Original Kal Well-Known Player

Ive used the synthetic on a few of my toons but I didn't go all out and I won't until I see what's going on with the new dlc and armor from it. it silly to spend all those MoR on mods when new armor is just around the corner.

I had read about them on here but didn't know where to find them until my league mate and I were doing GWL stuff. Hr ran across them. I like them. but I want to see what I'm going to need to use MoR on with the new DLC.
  7. Vyltran Loyal Player

Lol seriously, i wasn't talking about me.. i don't care about getting marks, is not such a problem with me...

Thanks for being one more on the list that didn't understand what i meant... :D
  8. Kristyana New Player

I can see the logic of someone putting in a Beta mod over a synthetic mod, especially if they're trying to gear up. You can't recover the mod, and synthetic mods while cheap on their own can be quite expensive when gearing out 10 pieces of gear. That's 50 MoR or an ungodly amount of PVP marks. If you're getting new gear every time you run like some of us are or trying to save up for DLC9, it just makes more sense to throw in a recoverable beta mod than spend extra marks on non-recoverable mods.
    • Like x 3
  9. Couzintony New Player

They probably don't know about em...

There are only a handful of ppl in my league that go on the forums... I keep em updated on new stuff... lolz
  10. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I plan on using Might IV Synthetic Mods on my Celestial Healer just to test and see how that build works out. I think it's a good idea because it gives me other options like Dom, Health, Precision, and Might, which is a great benefit. I'm sure the lost Resto can be made up in Innates. Just a theory though :)
  11. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

I mod expert mods in all my gear...ill use the synthetic mods until I can replace them with expert mods...
    • Like x 1
  12. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Thanks to synthetic mods, for around the same amount of marks I would have spent on one piece of T3 pve armor, I skipped T3 entirely and successfully ice tanked Tala in incomplete fully synthetic modded High Voltage gear this evening.
    • Like x 2
  13. Spacedude2 New Player

I disagree completely. Agent Synthetic had all t3 gear and t3 rings and trinket from doing the Central City quests, while wearing T1 mods.. With all of that he had CR of 60! You need 70 to get the Steel missions. He is DPS. One of my other characters, a healer, has half the gear and no trinket and his CR is 64. It depends on your role for some reason. Once I started modding with T3 mods, Agent Synthetic's CR started going up. For some roles it is necessary to mod.
    • Like x 1
  14. TrueOlympus New Player

i use em for my up-and-coming support role spec and for my alts
  15. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

Synthetic mods are useless for me permanently. However, they will be handy for modding the new DLC's gear temporary if I don't have enough Vit expert mods ready. I so need that plan! :(
  16. Gunny New Player

CR is dictated by ALL of the gear in your possession, based entirely off of weighted averages of the best item level equipment you have for each gear slot. It is not role-specific at all.

Because of that, it is entirely possible that a mental DPS can experience an increase in their CR for getting a healer drop.

Furthermore, deleting, salvaging, or selling gear no longer lowers your CR. This means offrole gear you had drop but you no longer have the item can still affect your CR as well.

Those possibilities above might explain your dilemma. Your healer could very well have seen better drops offrole that contribute to their CR instead of the gear they currently use.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ilunis Dedicated Player

I actually have had no idea where to find them...and I've been around since launch! I know, I'm terrible....
  18. JACKPOT New Player

i love the new mods for my alt toons. Saves me cash and makes my alts very servicable in content.
    • Like x 2
  19. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Hey, master of gear and skill...where exactly do you expect people to farm for MoR to buy T5 synthetic mods if not the Wasteland Duos? I know it's been a while for an epic beast like you, but if you check you'll see it's completely feasible to wander in for those as a player with fully modded T4 gear.

Once you're up to even unmodded T5 gear, you're already on the easy side of those duos. I spent weeks playing the duos every day before all my T4 gear was upgraded, and the need to farm easier missions for MoR has only gone up with the introduction of synthetics. Who wants to put T4 mods in their T5 gear? Why put serious mods into CR81-CR84 trash drops (which are AWESOME at first!) when you're working on a CR85/86 set? Anyone who has made it to T5 must have mastered mods enough to know that's just burning MoT for no long term gain.

If you're going to get picky about what people are wearing into duos because you might have to work a little harder, the correct word to describe the situation isn't lazy. You're being selfish. Duos are supposed to be how people learn to play cooperative content at that level.

If you only want to deal with people who have already mastered the content, because you're too selfish to ever carry a lesser player, then don't queue. I was carried by some people when I was fresh to the Wasteland content. I see carrying new people now as just paying back my debt to the player community. Having high standards for raids where people can waste a lot of your time and resources I can support, but bringing the elitism down to the duo level is basically saying you don't want new players.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The mods are still new. It will take time for everyone to learn about them and utilize them.
    • Like x 12