synthetic mods and how no one is using them

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Jan 12, 2014.

1. CCBatson Dedicated Player

Dude, you really need to take a chill pill and relax.

First off, stop stressing about other people's characters and what they are wearing. If you don't even pause your kvetching long enough to see how well they perform, who cares what they are wearing?

Secondly, until the day you volunteer to farm exos for all of my alts and give them to me free of charge, you don't get to say jack-diddly-squat about my putting in the work or not. I also don't come into instances and ask for a handout either, so get off your high horse.

Has it never occurred to you that some people are running instances at a transition point of their gearing and grinding? Maybe they are saving up their exos for mods on their next suit of armor. Maybe they are running the instances you're in to earn marks for mods for what they are wearing now. Either way, it's not your place to say anything about their gear at all, certainly not at the start of an instance, and I would argue that you have no right to make any comments at the end of an instance either. Your ONLY right is to leave a group politely and without drama.

Regardless of whatever options exist, people are free to choose all or NONE of them. It's their character and their choice. So until you start paying for subs for every player you complain about, you're going on my Ignore List.
    • Like x 7
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Why would that be a troll statement? It's been about 2 years since I played on PS3 but I think there was the option to press a button on the controller to show update notes at the log in screen. We have no such option on the PC so perhaps the OP is on PC and didn't realise that the option is available.

However even if the option is available I still bet a large chunk of people don't even know about it.
  3. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

I guess you have a point. I play PS so I am not sure if the option is on the PC. If not it would be a great addition as well as maybe a popup or something informing someone of the available information and how to obtain it. I have only been playing DCUO since around last 4th of July(I just remember starting while on vacation), and it took me until around August to start understanding a lot of things in this game that are now seen as common sense. You really have to go out of your way in DC to learn early on as there is not much of a tutorial, especially for roles, without going online and looking it up yourself.
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I think I have vit 5 exo...
    Lemme check...
  5. Mick Nugget New Player

I think those that didn't at least have beta mods before will prob continue to not bother to mod at all... Me personally, I always had beta mods on all my alts before because I'm aware of this little thing called stats, specifically, the innate boosts that those players that don't bother to mod at all evidently couldn't care less about.

That attitude continuing despite the presence of much more easily attainable mods just speaks to the players themselves. I wonder if the situation was that the devs made it so that players could just get mods free by claiming them at a vendor would these same type of players even bother to do that. Probably not. I find myself leaving instances after some player demonstrates a playstyle that makes me want to inspect them and I see they have no mods. If it is high end content, I usually ask to be excused cuz I really don't want to be bothered with certain things either.
    • Like x 1
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I forgot to mention ... in my experience, I have been surprised to see people really using the mods. I've seen people suddenly fully mod their alt role's gear with synths so they aren't such a weak dps for duos and solo content. I've seen people who didn't have access to the appropriate plans suddenly be able to fill those slots. I think the use of synthmods is catching on for the higher-tiered players.

I don't like what I'm hearing here about using them to get your cr up. They are supposed to make you stronger, not help you stand on your tippy-toes to get on the roller coaster. The only time that's okay is when you're going from T4 to T5 content, since you'll immediately replace the gear with 81-84 level gear.
  7. RSL New Player

the "until you start paying subs for every player you complain about" line works both ways. as does the ignore. just because players can't be arsed to gear up, etc doesn't mean anyone else is forced to let them stay in instances with them. being a unique and beautiful snowflake doesn't only work for you.
  8. Zhire'El New Player

If you press L2 on the PS3 controller, it goes to the updates, which absolutely no one knows about except the people who actually stop and look at them to see the full list or the people who are self-aware of the forums.
    Even up till now people are still screaming, " WHERE ARE THE ARMORIES???"
    It gets annoying hearing people saying, "WHERE IS THE RAGE POWER AND THE ARMORIES??? DCUO IS SH*T THANKS MEPPS, YOU'RE A REAL GENIUS"( which WAS what one guy said, funny, Mepps is a community manager, not a creative director)

But yeah, I suppose you PC guys are smart enough to use the forums if you have no patch notes, right?
    Because it's right there in your face; the internet.
  9. SoylentBob New Player

I like 'em. They give more punch than a Beta Mod, and don't cut into the stack I was saving for a Lv5 Mod.
    It's what, 1 Arkham/Ace Steelworks/Stryker's mission?
    It's better than farming up a 3 only to lose half on recycling.
    In the old days, we couldn't even reclaim old Mods.

They also give a quick CR boost without risking Mats or buying expensive armor.
    You can still buy or farm Bits the old fashioned way. A lot of people don't need to spend a fortune on Base upkeep, and may wish to invest in Mods.
    • Like x 1
  10. DARKKNIGHT New Player

First off your wrong i'm using them, and I've seen other people using them too.
    Now I can actually play all my characters again instead of being limited to 2 because of how time consuming farming for one mod is.
  11. BerzerkerUnit New Player

T3 gear is Kryptonian stuff from the meta wing. The cr of those sets is 70. You did not have a set of full t3.
  12. Wreckshot Well-Known Player

I have this crazy theory, you ready?

How about, instead of kicking unmodded players, we explain how synthetic mods work?

I know it's out there, but I tried something similar once. A Troll didn't know what PoT meant, so I explained it, and they potted to their heart's content. Turns out, the group didn't even need to kick him.

Funny that.
    • Like x 1
  13. Couzintony New Player

Say what!?!?...
    Ppl helping others!?!?...
    But kicking is just so much easier n then the group either invites someone they know er wait for the next person to kick... Lolz
    • Like x 1
  14. Vinny Tireshine New Player

HAHAHAHA, again with the "work"

You're always acting like dcuo is your job... Well, maybe it is, the way you take it so serious.

Calm down, it's just a game bro, have fun!
  15. Kaleb57 Well-Known Player

Inspect these players, if they're unmodded, tell them about how mods help and how they won't be allowed to participate unless they've got some sort of mods in their gear.

As for me, SYNTHETIC MODS RULE!!!!! I can gear up alts so easily now and fill out my pvp gear with ease.
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Some don’t have the extra marks to get even the cheapest synth mods and the ones that do are aiming for certain stats to shout in LFG to get into higher end content.
  17. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I read the title, then thought but I already used them for my off role gear. I re-read the title and realized I'm a no one. :(
  18. Spacedude2 New Player

uh, no, T3 is central city gear. You sure you been there? T1 is the first set of iconic gear, like Flash or Steel or Raven. T2 is Batgirl, Supergirl/Powergirl, and Donna Troy. T3 is Central City Flash gear. T4 is Kryptonian and T5 is Atlantean.
  19. Statman New Player

Actually Central City gear is mid Tier, between 2 and 3, more or less 2.75. Tier 3 is Kryptonian, T4 is Magic (whatever you wanna call it), and Tier 5 is Monarch, as you said.
    • Like x 2
  20. Spacedude2 New Player

Well, we agree on the progression. I've only bought some of that T4 krypton after grinding from the Flash gear. I haven't seen the Magic gear and either way, my main point was that some roles require better gear than others.