2014 PC Legendary Membership Benefits Update - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Mediocre Username New Player

The ship may be $700 but when you buy it for 50% off in a sale using money you bought during a triple cash event you only paid just over $100. I'm sure the everquest population and the impending launch of Everquest next matters a lot more to the higher ups at this point.
  2. chironicus New Player

cant be done with the tier 5 ship i had

and you had ot work a lot to get there and grind too....its a different system there...and i still play there and here...but i'm a we bit confused what the update means..doe sit mean i pay 15$a month and get access to say play everquest as the equiv of legendary here? and the 500SC the statement about having to claim it then ability to hoard it is a might bit confusing...

and i used my doh at trek to do things as fast as one can to get one of the better ships...before that romulan addition that messed up a ton a stuff. It is one reason i am leary to invest or spend much on games ....but i do spend more then most.

fact is us adult pc players do spend more....our kids we dont give that kinda cash to do we?
    HEY DAD can i have 700$ for a video game gets you what ? EVEN 100$?
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Do not forget that problems happen without you plan. And it is obvious that the problem being the game will be the last thing you will think. For this reason you wrath be absent.:confused:
    • Like x 1
  4. chironicus New Player

so my question is having paid for legendary this month , am i given as a pc player all access to say go try other games freely?

im cr96 on DCUO so i will still be playing here , just might be neat to see how this guild and other systems work on that everquest 2

and i have 2500 station cash ( 2K purchased by me )....so thats only DCUO cash right?
  5. Ryekir New Player

Station Cash can be used in any SOE game.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I could have sworn he said 70% of the population was on the PS server? Population and revenue are not the same thing.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No, the All Access Pass for $14.99 has no been implemented yet. You can spend your Station Cash on any SOE game that uses Station Cash, as long as you sign up to the other games with the same account that's linked to your DCUO account.
  8. Chavez989 New Player

I am a USPS4 DCUO Player. This is a welcomed announcement...I am anxiously optimistic of the arrival of Planet Side 2 for the PS4. Being able to have additional benefits in Planet Side 2 as well is appealing enough to get me to try it out. However, at the moment, I believe that this further exposes Legendary issues that should be addressed in DCUO.

There was an excellent thread in Gameplay titled "Why Going Legendary Is Becoming An EPIC FAIL....". With this announcement there is nothing "awesome" or "interesting" about being a Legendary Player. There is nothing "exclusive" that would lure in a Premium Player or F2P Player into upgrading to "Legendary". There are all kinds of workarounds to the money cap.

I read the Reddit Thread and the gist from what I can tell is a minority from Planet Side 2 was able to shake up all of SOE, that may not be the case, this merely my opinion.

As a Legendary player, for quite some time now, I would like some benefits other running the Vault everyday, opening Lockboxes, monthly Loyalty Points or TOM Bot. Smed knocked it out of the park for the Planet Side 2 and PC Community. How about reciprocating and stepping your game up and allow Legendary players "sneak peeks" into upcoming DLCs, exclusive vendor purchases and/or exclusive discounts. But a Legendary player at this moment on the PS3/PS4 is nothing more than a money broker for Premium and F2P Players.

I am an Annual Passholder at a major theme park. Several times a year we receive exclusive purchasing opportunities, attendance at soft openings to attractions, discounts, etc..

The game is great, Sons of Trigon is one of the most impressive DLCs to date. Sons of Trigon reinvigorated my interest in the game and its continued success.
  9. graydogg51 Well-Known Player

My biggest issue with console legendary perks is the content doesn't keep up with the benefits. Loyalty points are great but at this point I've purchased all the lair themes with them and I already had all the styles I would care to purchase before those came out. We don't get enough new content in the vendor to use them on. After a while all you're left to spend them on are a few consumables. Same thing with the vault, styles aren't refreshed enough, drop rates for some of the final styles I need are so bad it got to be not worth it after a while and 1-25 MoTs is nothing. If it were MoRs that's be different and that's another issue with the vault. 150 RPs gets you 5 runs of Trigons Prison at 4 or 5 MoRs (don't remember which) that's half a piece of gear. Tom Bot was a reskin of Servo, and doesn't provide any statically increase over the other. I'm not saying there isn't value in what we get. I'm just saying the fact that it's not evolving with the game means the value of those perks are declining as time progresses.
  10. Dammacx New Player

I am almost afraid to ask this but I am curious as how this All Access Pass would work in regards to someone like me that has a Lifetime Legendary in DCUO. Will I automatically be upgraded to a All Access for the other Games or would I have to pay the 14.95 or would I get a discount since I made that early commitment to support DCUO. While I haven't spent any extra money in DCUO since I started that might change in the future with Armouries and League Bases down the road depending on what is offered and if I knew I wasn't limited in F2P on Planetside I might go give it a go again and put a couple dollars there.

It has been fun the last few years watching all these games go Free to Play and seeing how the developers figure out ways to walk the line with the limitations of F2P and what is offered and making people Happy while still making a profit. It is a tricky line to walk between keeping it fair and not turning into Play to Win and Keeping people that actually support the game with Money Happy by making sure they are getting their moneys worth compared to the free players.
    • Like x 1
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Sound like good changes. Questions remain, of course, but good changes.
  12. BigAl Devoted Player

Yes, **it happens. But its not always the case.
    My point.....boo-hoo if you can't log in during a 30 day period to claim your "free perks". :rolleyes:
  13. thelostczarnian New Player

it is a business..they may add more perk down the line but look they arent gonna load up all at once that would be dumb. they give a lil and it brings in more subs...then they wait...then they give a lil more...boom another sub surge. thats how they are playing it and honestly thats how i would do it to if i was them. they gave us sc and replays and lockbox unlocks and we was happy for a good while. now they see we will never be happy forever so they give a lil boost to calm us like free all access and 10% off market. this will make many happy and sub. later we will want more...they gotta hold a lil back for when that time comes.
    • Like x 1
  14. Giggles Loyal Player

You are right, my friend. Besides I totally forgot about the 10% off on the market. So happy I bought his lifetime sub. :)
    • Like x 1
  15. thelostczarnian New Player

you can buy armories soon and sp for alts
  16. thelostczarnian New Player

dam you bought someones lifetime sub? didnt know they where tradeable ;)
  17. Giggles Loyal Player

Na, I am day one lifetime subscriber. This thing has paid for itself lol.

When I was making the suggestion above it really was not for me, it was for others I normally speak with in game that feel they do not get enough with their sub. However, the 10% off alone with the SC and replays is definitely a nice perk, at least in my opinion. I would not have posted about the perks had I remembered the 10% off. I definitely made a mistake there, Legendary is worth it for that discount if you make a lot of purchases regularly.
  18. thelostczarnian New Player

lol i was just playing off of your typo :p
  19. KillTheSilence New Player

When will these changes happen?
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

My question is towards the update. I know that PS players getting these benefits are not guaranteed but if it does pan out could this mean that the all access pass will allow us to play the PC version of the game and through proxy give us access to test servers without having to take a second subscription? If that isn't available will DCUO and Planetside 2 sharing a sub on PS4 be on the table?