2014 PC Legendary Membership Benefits Update - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Original Kal Well-Known Player

Thanks for the clarification.
  2. thelostczarnian New Player

awesome value imo. im a lil shocked to see such a turnaround to bennefit the playerbase. gives me hope for this game when i see devs listen to what customers want like this. good job to you and soe on this topic. planetside 2 isnt no dcuo but i would check it out for something to play when im locked out on everything dcuo till reset :)
  3. thelostczarnian New Player

your cool with me giggs but i have to tell ya sometimes you look like a man that was given an inch and then ask for a mile imho. for the same as current price you are getting FULL soe game access! this may or may not mean anything to you but it might one day. perma scanners? yeah that wouldnt be called pay2win at all!(sarcasm in full affect)
  4. Breakforce Loyal Player

I am interested in what this means for lifetime subs.

My guess would be that we aren't included in the All-Access pass, because honestly, that would be pretty over the top.
    • Like x 2
  5. thelostczarnian New Player

hey at least you get the uber high population to enjoy. pc side needs a extra perk to pull in some more players before it dies. i would even argue that playing on ps side provides more value than playing on the pc side. i do feel your pain in seeing others get nice things you have to miss out on though. im just saying look at the bright side of things...you have 80% better game to play because of the high population
  6. thelostczarnian New Player

props and respect + honesty points to you sir. i love strait forward non-sugarcoatedness like this
  7. BigAl Devoted Player

I understand, life can change at any moment. But if you paid for a month of game time, not getting "extras" that are given out would be my last concern. I'd be more upset of losing game play.
    Being upset over them changing a "free" bonus we get for subbing makes no sense. It reeks of entitlement and greed. Makes me think of my 5 year old. "Thanks for the free stuff, now give me more." :rolleyes:
  8. Killthee New Player

You're right, if the PC side is still gonna be getting Station Cash then the PS side should dump the Loyalty Points and switch over to Marketplace Cash.
  9. thelostczarnian New Player

wrong thread for your rant. and there is open world pvp btw and phase shifters
  10. Ryekir New Player

I am very interested as well. I think it's highly unlikely they'll give us lifetime All-Access pass, but I wouldn't complain if they do :)
  11. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

Man PC players get all the good stuff lol... no really
    • Like x 1
  12. Giggles Loyal Player

You are cool as well czarnian. Here's the thing, I don't play any other MMO's, and not a fan of EQ or any other SOE game. If SOE hadn't messed up the Matrix Online, then I would agree. However, the only reason I am still an SOE customer is this game. As for pay to win, no I don't see it as pay to win. As we can pay to use those now. Why not include all of those perks in a sub to make more people want to sub instead of going a la carte, especially if others do not care enough to play the other games? Although, now that DCUO only way at making revenue for itself is micro transactions, I suppose you are correct in that, that is asking too much.

One can dream. :)
  13. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I always snigger when I read this kind of post. Back just before the forum migration, there was a Q&A posted where Spytle and Mepps once commented that despite the difference in size of the PC and PS DCUO player populations (PS is definitely bigger), the two are neck and neck when it comes to revenue generated. PS players are more plentiful but tend to be kids with less income, and PC players are fewer but tend to be working adults who spend more.

I really don't know why PS players tend to presume the size of the population base with proportional revenue. :rolleyes:;)

I'm actually very encouraged by Smed's news and updates. While I still don't like the 'log-in once a month' requirement, the expansion of subscribing seems like a very sincere attempt to address player input and maintain the value of subscriptions.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Teddy New Player

like it said said earlier things are subject to change at anytime they are humans they can easily change their minds i think a cross platform would really help this game out a whole lot as i am a fan of alot of the usps3 player and most definitely wouldnt mind raiding witha few of them to be totally honest im sure alot of people would agree also usps3 do ALOT of pvp arenas and the trash talk would be endless new alliances would be formed and would be very interesting for the gameplay in this game
  15. Mediocre Username New Player

Well PS actually has a population and sod all cheaters compared to the PC version so there is that :)

There is zero chance of this being on PS since they can't differentiate the PS4 and PS3 users and PS3's PSN is locked down tight when it comes to rules and red tape. Still it's another victory for the vocal minority.
  16. chironicus New Player

so if i pay for legendary ...i actually dont jsut get legendary i can go try sony's other games which i haven't?

not a bad move and might make me try more of them and put a few bucks into ones i like in there in game money system.

as to this login thing ive read what people wrote and all i have ot say is ...wtf...no really you go and pay 3 months ahead and take the risk you knew of you'd not be online for 1500 SC? you could not sub and come back and buy that cheaper then your paying.....

and as to others ..shakes head on that....others sound like they are up to some scam about this login thing.....which begs a question ..what the heck are you paying 15$ for and not playing ..is the mook.com way to bot the chat system?

over all ill go check out some of the other games if i or they say i can ....
    and one feedback is that if you get 500 SC , make that all you can get across the board for any game....its easy to track stats on logins and thats another reason they might be doing a trim the fat ....by seeing what is and is not active.

i may have to move might take a week or two to get net ....oh well that is life and you cant expect sony to foot that.
  17. Doc Holliday New Player

This information is incorrect. Spytle admitted himself that the article from IGN that stated 70% of DCUO revenue came from the PS.

It's not about the size, it's a fact we keep this game running....
  18. chironicus New Player

no you didnt understand the nature of her post

a lil math might help

if you have a million people paying 70%of the cost
    and 100,000 people paying 30%

whose a greater actual per unit revenue....
    aha

and dare i say that it is probably nearly like this in terms of real numbers but we dont know....

the example of star trek where i spent 700$ on a ship my way and et all....vs a console user whom might spend 15$

ya lets screw the 700$ spender right?
    that is why they listened....
  19. Lantern Darkside New Player

unlimeted prombox keys are only nice if promboxes drop useful stuff not the complete garbage they drop at the moment ( one reason i dropped legendary )
  20. chironicus New Player

cant seem also to see what i edit so sorry for a double post and if you think screwing your revenue of even half or more of that 30% is gonna mean good times.....it wont ill go to RIFT or GUILD wars 2

end of story...heck go have a look what these other top notch games are doing and see why they better get doing stuff here or more and more will leave....why would i pay for a ps4 and get crap offerings when i can get a computer and get tons a offerings and do more....same old same old argument...and seen the latest in graphic cards have ya....

my pc can outdo anything a ps4 can see and guess what...I CAN UPGRADE HARDWARE...and SOFTWARE.