2014 PC Legendary Membership Benefits Update - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Eschelar New Player

Further reason for them to ditch the entire "color-specific aura" thing and just go with an "aura" that you can customize the color of the same as emissive eyes.

The auras are a massive waste of database slots anyhow and it's nothing short of annoying when they drop in a lockbox. I must have thrown out a good dozen or so of them back in the day.

As a graphic artist/Photoshop whiz and guy who works regularly with photographers and IP rights, the idea that DC wouldn't allow the creators to make a glow with a specific color is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of. They allow people to play Green Lantern stupidity. Why the HECK would they have a problem then with a glow effect that might be used to complement these Green lantern toons (or for that matter any other toons who happened to use a green color.

Why not just take their HTML color code and black it out from the color palette? Or perhaps start blacking out all other colors from the color palette that directly correlate to colors used in DC comics and disallow them for toons in a game ABOUT THE DC UNIVERSE.

What's next? Maybe they could get patent on that color with DC calling up Adobe and telling them not to allow specific RGB values in Photoshop.

FFS.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

HTML code...? Graphic Designer...? Yeah... *cough*

DC has the right to say no to an aura. It's their property and SOE is licensing it. They have no problem with you being Hal Jordan, they have a problem with you being xxxxIEatBabiesxxxx and TBagging while wearing Lantern colors and emblem. Be glad you will be allowed the emblems with the 90IL gear from DLC9 as I'm sure they had to jump through hoops to get you that.
    • Like x 2
  3. BlueVariable Committed Player

With your last point, I can't really agree because of the onset of the game setup at release. I understand changes come and go, but what items and weapons we had that were usable are no longer so. It's made playing the game difficult because now we have to seek out lower tier gear stuff first just to have something to fill out those slots. The PvP gear should still have been usable in the PvE game, so we could at least use our skill set. Without it we can't fight because we dont have PvE weapons as an example. Not that we weren't trying to hunt them down, but because we don't play nearly as much as some people, we just never came across them.

So now we are forced to purchased low level gear just to be able to have a weapon to use. I have stayed on top of much of the DCUO news, but its difficult to be consistent and no update to future updates that I came across, warned that this was happening. So had we known ahead of time, we could have sought out the weapons or items a bit more before the change.
    Just makes it more difficult to actually do what we want now because we have to start hunting other items appropriate for the phase.
  4. Breakforce Loyal Player

Exactly. DC has the right to block green auras in the game, for any reason at all. Maybe Didio was once frightened of a glowing green gecko as a child and that's why.
  5. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Maybe Didio is a glowing green gecko :eek:
  6. Breakforce Loyal Player

This explains EVERYTHING!!! :eek:
  7. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Done. Solved. /thread
  8. Twisted Titan Committed Player

Earlier today....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

So, I got my March replay badges, but how do I claim my SC? I need some scanners and plan to buy the Booster Pack in a couple of days, but I could use the complimentary 500 SC now.
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I don't think you have to "claim" your SC, you just get it as long as you have logged in. What I usually do when I want to check when my next batch is due to arrive is check my account history to see the last date I got the 500 and then count 30 day from that. My Replay Badges and SC almost always comes on different days also.
  11. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Thank you, Jafin. That helps. I hadn't paid that much attention and didn't realize they were "awarded" on different days.
  12. cassi Well-Known Player

Do we know a better idea when the all access will launch? I have been working on an EQ2 character now too...I really cannot wait for this change :)
  13. Captain Test Man Active Player

I have no problem with SOE changing the membership rewards policy or the in game currency system. It is fully their prerogative to do so. (I am guessing the need for some change is coming from SOE, but this is just a guess.)

As I understand it, for now the 500 monthly Station Cash for PC subscribers is staying. If the Legendary rewards were changed from Station Cash to Loyalty Points, would it be possible in the future for the Loyalty Vendors to offer unique rewards, such as trinkets and styles, in addition to everything offered in the Marketplace?

One of the reasons people are reacting to this change is, the real purpose for the change was never explained. Or at least I haven't been able to find any green names like Meppes, Spytle, Tomac, or RadarX stating a reason behind the change. We are just in the dark.

The second reason people are reacting is that, being in the dark as to why SOE wants to change from monthly bonus SC to LP, I don't see any benefits that make the changes more attractive or simplify the process.

As I understand things, under the changes that were originally proposed:
    1. Station cash would remain available to purchase and spend in the marketplace.
    2. Legendary players receive the same value of monthly Station Cash but now as Loyalty Points for special Vendors.
    3. The special Loyalty Vendors do not offer anything more than what's already offered in the Marketplace.
    4. Monthly Loyalty Points can stack and be saved up the same as the old Station Cash monthly reward.
    5. Station Cash can be spent in other SOE game titles but Loyalty Points cannot.
    6. Station Cash can be purchased but Loyalty Points cannot so Loyalty Points would only be available to Legendary subscribers.
    7. Legendary players must log in each month to claim rewards (be it Station Cash or Loyalty Points).
    What is the difference really? The only difference is now there is a duplicate currency and vendors for the exact same Marketplace items, and legendary subscribers can only spend their monthly reward points in DCUO and not other SOE games.

As I said before, I am all for the changes because it makes no difference to me. Obviously SOE feels some necessity for these changes and it would be best for SOE to deal with whatever that issue may be.

I think offering unique trinket items, style items and things of that nature, that are only available on the Loyalty Vendors and therefore only available to Legendary subscribers, would sweeten the pot to players affected by the proposed changes and would make the new system more attractive than the current system. Otherwise I don't see any benefits that make the proposed system more attractive and adding a duplicate currency and vendors surely doesn't simplify the process any.

Thanks for listening. Keep up the great work. Please forgive the lengthy feedback.
  14. Captain Test Man Active Player

If new Legendary players were able to buy the old Servo, Skeets and Tombot reward trinkets at the Loyalty Vendors, and other unique trinkets and styles like that were available to Legendary subscribers through Loyalty Points, I think people would really go for that.
  15. Moon Knight New Player

I'm just really hoping it can get greenlighted for one subscription that is cross platform. one big thing that sucks for PlayStation players is that we can't test! That sucks, and if we ever got a test server for USPS, I'd be on it quite a bit to try and help with the updates and bugs. But if we got one subscription to rule them all, I imagine that would allow me to be legendary on USPS, and my USPC account that I have only bought Quantum on. That would allow me to at least still aid in testing from my PC even if I main and only play PS. This would also help me feel like I'm getting my moneys worth with a 15$ a month sub. Just my 2 cents guys.
  16. Dr celestino New Player

yeah but in some ways playstation is the test server. ps4 could support a test server but the devs would be putting it up then putting it down. is there any new stuff about update 36 haven't seen any youtube stuff about the new tier or weapon mastry wasent test server up today.
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's not about a certain console being able to "support" a test server. There is no test server for PS because every update for the console version has to get approved by the PSN before it can be added to the game. The nature of the test server has them adding hotfixes as soon as they're ready which just is not viable at all for the console games because of all the hoops they have to jump through with PSN. With the PC version they have nobody to answer to and can push out whatever they want whenever they want.