Sorcery healer loadout t5 raids

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by trederk, May 22, 2013.

1. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

That's the real problem. These raids add a new layer of armor penetration bonuses to the NPCs that >nobody< can defend against right now. We've essentially had our gear reverted to pre-tier armor and are tackling the full tier scaled boss with our puny stats and puny weapons, just like in the old days before anybody had any tier gear and we were fighting for our lives in Kahn with crappy 50-60 weapons. Since sorcery is essentially HP regeneration as opposed to instant burst heals, people aren't going to notice huge heals if they are taking lesser damage (the amount healed back will always stack with the smaller dots, and if you're only missing 100hp you're only going to see the dot for 100hp, thus making sorcery less memorable for those over compensated fat heals that galvanize and cross pollination (aka easy mode) can do.

When you can't block 10k damage it's not because sorcery is failing, it's because >you can't block 10k damage<. A glancing blow of 2k damage might see a fat heal return from the other 2 powersets that you can't quickly crap out with sorcery, and with the adds in the new content being able to pull off 2k with a single hit from a combo of several, that's not sorcery's fault, that's just extreme difficulty. It's an abnormal situation, not the standard. You won't be able to use sorc healing supercharges anywhere near as often as the bosses in this content spam their unlimited supply of killer AOEs.

As for Weapon of Destiny, it lets you apply bad karma to a selective target (or with some skill, targets) from range for situations where you can't risk getting within striking distance of enemies.

Again, sorcery is about stacking regenerative heal effects. 3 soul wells, circle AND bad karma, not just bad karma alone. Bad karma also has the advantage of healing back based on the frequency of attacking enemies, and there are several scenarios in raids where puny fodder enemeis attack frequently (FoS1 mini crabs, first boss) that will trigger bad karma heals. That bonus is negated with the new content for reasons listed above, but you can't remove the bad karma PI from the picture as a sorcery healer without understanding the PI and stack effect. What's more, players who rushed to gear up with a miserable amount of SP can get away with healing as nature and elec while sorcery is going to want the crit heal mag bonuses (to stack with the gold aura bonus) and the crit heal chance bonus (with the craploads of dots going out this is a requirement). You'll need at least 60sp to fall into an acceptable range for that, and there aren't so many T4 players with that amount. Definitely not going to be able to pug it as a sorc heal without some luck being grouped with players that actually are up to par for the content.

Arbiter is a supercharge and you'll only have access to it for a limited time. The adds in the content, let alone bosses, will do extreme amounts of damage with every basic hit. There's little point in being able to heal infinitely for a limited time when battles definitely outlast that amount of time. Same for transcendence. Once the fight continues and the supers have been expended you are out one power slot. I won't sacrifice the always - on access to a standard power. You >need< to use the PIs effectively, including gold aura and bad karma, but skilled use (and the SP to back it up) will compensate for this, if not overcompensate.

It's always hardest to heal with sorcery. It's like the manual transmission vehicle in a world of automatics. It has a chance to be more efficient than the other powersets but requires the most skill (and innates) to use to its full potential. You also have to babysit the most, keeping visual on as many players in the raid as you can (starting with the tank), as well as watch the HP bars, all while building your own combos up during cooldown and while avoiding enemies yourself. It's the most difficult to use but can pay off in spades. Only the top shelf will be able to pull it off in the new content and not without adequately skilled allies, which is another reason getting is going to be more rare that a prime helmet drop.
    • Like x 1
  2. Cadens Dedicated Player

I think its 5 ticks, not 3. With my resto it sticks around 200 x 5. The problem is, the delay that it has before it heals.
  3. Cadens Dedicated Player

I gotta chime in here, because some of the stuff I am reading is a joke...

Bad karma for a healer? Are you kidding? It heals for like 40... Dont waste your spec. Soulwell is also garbage in boss fights, as the range of the ticks is limited, and HoTs in general dont do much to save you. Plus, there are no adds to kill, so the burst heals arent there. This is like relying on pheromone ticks as a nature healer. Relying on soulwell for your healing, is simply telling the group that all you care about is the score board. People will die in massive numbers if this is your route. The other healer would have to be phenomenal to compensate for you.

IoR? If you are using this, you should be kicked from the raid. The power of sorcery is in the CoP, and your group needs to accept that as your powerset. All of the other powers are average at best with HoT, and if you think you are helping, you are wrong. The power is too slow, cant be clipped and still heal, and you need to be psychic to use it properly.

Nexus Hallways and Robot Boss (lots of adds):

Soulwell, Watcher, Boon of Souls, Rejuv, Trans/arbitor, CoP

Nexus Boss Fights:

Sacrificial offering, watcher, boon of souls, rejuve, Trans/arbitor, COP

Yes, your pet will still die, however, SO ticks power to the pet so it can constantly heal the group, and also helps keep the pet alive longer. The ticks from SO also heal your group for 200ish with my restoration, 5 times ( I think). Thats 1000 healing without a crit, and a very fast cast time. Not to mention, the pet will cast way more often.

Bad karma is garbage on these raids due to its low ticks, and the high burst damage of the bosses. Dont waste your time, or power on them. The true power of sorcery comes with rejuv, and its ability to crit VERY often, and your party's ability to at least touch your circle. Also, al lot of the bosses pull you in, and having a circle there waiting for you, prevents wipes.
    • Like x 1
  4. 478874 Dedicated Player

Raijin, some great insights, but I happen to disagree with your stance on Supercharges. It's paramount to run a supercharge, even if it's word of power or speed drain. The utility a super provides the group is far above anything bad karma adds even in conjunction with soul well and circle of protection. Unless I am mistaken, bad karma heals proc off of frequency of attack and the polymorph effects have been severely limited recently. As you've outlined above, the attacks in t5 raids are less frequent though extremely powerful, and the amount of adds except in one or two fights across both raids are really quite minimal. That is to say, the amount of bad karma procs really will be quite low based on the cumulative attack rates for both fights.

However, running a super charge, I prefer the two energy restoring ones or transcendence (which I commonly run) over Arbiter, adds a great deal of utility to the group. That power restore from the first two can help to totally top off the power bars for trolls, which leads to a faster burn right from the DPS and more heals in the chamber for the healers. Transcendence, in my estimation, shouldn't be viewed a preventative supercharge in the same way the Nature or Electric counter parts can suddenly skirt mass-deaths with theirs. Instead, I most often use it if people have gone down and are getting picked up. I can set of transcendence and people can stand up when the coast is clear, it takes a lot of the coordination guess work out and it also helps to heal the rest of the group, as opposed trying to pump other heals/BoS to aid the recovery of downed teammates. Having downed teammates (plural) is never a good thing but it happens and Transcendence is probably the best at facilitating a full recovery most easily.

I have to apologize to the Arbiter users, I really see no value in that super charge for healers. Sure, the cast time on IoR is halved but the effects still take 3 seconds to land and can be cancelled accidentally during that time. The cast animation for Rejuv is shorter but the cool down is still the same, so you can't pump it (as you once could in pre-august 2011). Sure, you can do damage in Arbiter form, but as a fully stacked healer, the stats to do damage are pretty minimal, they simply aren't on healer gear, so that's wash for me. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to the ways of Arbiter, but for now, that's how I see it.

As much as this sounds like a cop out, and I have geared healers of all three power sets, Sorcery right now is a secondary healing class in t5 content. The goal of any Sorcery healer in t5 content, in my estimation, is to maximize healing out to power in, not just raw healing numbers. Set up the HoTs, save Rejuv and BoS for rapid group recovery and then try to add some utility to the group through the other loadouts/super charge selection and don't strain the trollers by trying top the score cards or boat-racing the other healing classes. The mechanics of their power set just lend themselves better to the new t5 content (except Nature is always better), but especially so in an under-geared state. This isn't to say that a good Sorcery healer won't put up respectable numbers and add a lot of utility to the group, they will, just don't get into the mind set of trying to top Electric or Nature for now, that would be detrimental to the group. Efficiency is key.
  5. 478874 Dedicated Player

There are a lot of problems with it, my biggest is that your resto is reduced by 200 if you run the neckmod, which hurts the rest of the HoTs.

The watcher dies often enough, it doesn't need to be pumped at the expense of 200 resto. Just let it die and resummon
  6. Cadens Dedicated Player

Not when you cast it after boon of souls. Your shields takes the damage and your resto will stay where it was.

Also, already placed HoTs will not be effected by your drop in resto - only future casts. What is the duration of time until the buff comes back again?
  7. 478874 Dedicated Player

8. 478874 Dedicated Player

You will be pumping SO if you are using it correctly, especially with the rate the watcher can spam heals needlessly. So I know, you will run into issues with it cancelling the Buff. Additionally, it's debatable that Boon of Souls is actually the best Sorcery Heal for the new content, why would you waste that trying to mitigate damage from SO? If it happens to coincide with other reasons for casting it, then fine, but otherwise seems like a waste.

And to your question, there has been some ninja nerfing going on with the Sorcery power set and I'm surprised no one has complained yet. Among the changes, the HoTs do change when the resto score changes as well as damage/healing ticks from Soul Well going to and from Arbiter form. If you are in healer stance it will only tick heals, if you are in Arbiter form, it will tick heals and damage, but once you switch back, it only ticks heals regardless of when it was cast.
  9. Cadens Dedicated Player

That is pretty lame...
  10. 478874 Dedicated Player

Man, don't even get me started.

Soul Well also has a problem now where it won't DoT in DPS stance sometimes. I am not sure why yet but I've been noticing it happen, so in that regard it's broken.

The other lame thing they did to Soul Well was have it despawn if the caster gets KO'd. Previously, Soul Wells would persist since it was a summoned object-like-thing. Now it just goes away. Soul Well is pretty situational, but having it them persist through KO was a nice bonus, as you could provide healing from the grave. Now, they disappear, so going through the time to set up two or three for the minimal amount of ticks after getting killed is time consuming, the whole thing is pretty whack.

It's amazing to me to see what that branch of the Summoning tree has become. Life Elemental is glitchy in summoning, throwing accuracy and heal radius, plus it's an object so a player suffers from all those drawbacks as well. Transmutation does nothing except one tick of damage, no PIs, no breaking objects, nothing. Soul Well is the best of the three, it's the second tier power and it has it's own issues now too. I don't know how the Dev Team stands by that and does nothing to the power set update after update. I have to imagine they have something in mind that is longer term, they always do, but stinks in the meantime.
  11. Anti Bezz New Player

^ The only loadout out of this thing that made any sense. Please brush up on sorcery healing ppl.
    I use aod sometimes but either sc works. Tranny is prob better imo if you can get it off without a hitch.

Call em atroll for saying but I could careless. This is for all people that think this guy is right. Your complete scrubs. If you don't know how to do group heals as sorc outside of cop and sw then change your power.
    • Like x 2
  12. Lights Derp Loyal Player

This man speaks the truth, heed his words.
    • Like x 1
  13. Zeikial Committed Player

That's been my load out, working good for me in the raids and even better in the ops with all those adds, some people just need to brush up on that skill thing, boon, soul well , cod, rejuv, sahred fate, tran, ohh and to that guy that thinks a sorcery healer cant solo heal a room, yea well I did. To many sorcery healers relying to heavily on watcher and never tried anything new, or never learned the powerset.
    • Like x 1