Sorcery healer loadout t5 raids

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by trederk, May 22, 2013.

1. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

This is some great info here about SO. I wanted to test it myself and the heals were not as I expected although I only used it to power Watcher. God Sorcery healing......it's frustrating. I like how I can clip with it but I can't risk dropping anything else. *sigh*
  2. Luthia1281 New Player

Watcher too squishy to be viable in t5 raids. Boon of souls, rejuv, inv of renewal, soul well, CoP and transcendence would be my loadout.
  3. Wizz Tron New Player

Because in Arbiter form you can do both damage and heal
  4. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

We're talking about t5 raids here, are you going to swap your gear midfight so you can get good damage while your'e supposed to be healing? there's no point in putting dps abilities on your loadout when healing a T5 raid
  5. Wizz Tron New Player

Who said anything about swapping gear? What are you talking about?
    All I said was in Arbiter you can get CoD and CoP at the same time
  6. MIA Philly New Player

Number 1 is your problem.

i have about 500-600 less resto than you and here is my loadout

CoP, IoR, Rejuv, SW, BoS, Trans

there is a mod in the lairs that heals every time you pop BoS so grab that also. There is a weapon mod that gives you a shield as well i'd grab that too.

I throw down a SW and cancel the animation with BoS that throw a CoP. BoS and SW have the exact same cool down so you can keep up three SWs and BoS. CoP will cool off quicker and you can throw that 2 times before the SW cools off. then i throw Rejuv and IoR. IoR cancels the Rejuv animation and IoR hits the whole group. Lowest heal from IoR ive seen is 3k and ive crited 8-9k with that golden aura active which happens when you hit that Rejuv first. Rotating these you should just about always have power and something off cool down. With the bonuses from the mods you should be good. Hopefully the other healer in the raid is one of the other types. 2 sorc wont be good because IoR has that animation. You need the bursts from nature or the come back heals from elec to be going while you are in the animation. that IoR should top off everyone in the group even health heavy tanks.
  7. 478874 Dedicated Player

Yeah, but in healer gear your might score is probably really low, which means the DoT probably isn't hitting over 55.

EDIT: Just saw your other post. Yes, you can get both and should have listed that, though I consider it as a disadvantage. The circle should both do damage and heal at the same time with one power slot, not two.
  8. Wizz Tron New Player

Can't IoR be canceled out and still hit the whole group?
  9. 478874 Dedicated Player

Just for clarity sake, if you "cancel" something, the power will not go off, everything including the effects/animation/cast time have been nullified.

So I think what you are asking is, can be IoR be "clipped" and have heals still from IoR hit the group.

As far as I know, that is not possible. IoR is cancellable but not clippable.
    • Like x 3
  10. MIA Philly New Player

this^.. you can't clip it and get the benefits. thats why i throw rejuv then clip it with IoR. this way i heal myself and the lowest person while preparing to hit everyone. again that IoR has to be times right and hopefully you are in a raid with a diff powered healer to make up the time lapse.
  11. cadaverhead Well-Known Player

Boon, Soul Well, Rejuv, Circle, Shared Fate, Transcendence.

Clip shared fate with rejuv; it's about the closest thing you're going to get to burst heals with sorc
    • Like x 1
  12. Wizz Tron New Player

Yeah that's what I meant. DUH!!!
  13. MIA Philly New Player

the main thing you want to do as a sorc healer is get golden aura. that will make healing so so sooooo much easier because of the boost.
  14. Wizz Tron New Player

My bad I thought it was implied
  15. Wizz Tron New Player

The one thing about sorcery I'm confused about is the red aura, what is it purpose?
    I know if you have it and you pop your shield it does damage to anything that hits it and that using SO to power your watcher will take from the red aura and not your health but is that all it's for?
  16. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

Aye, I forgot to mention what cadaverhead said above. I know several people who use shared fate instead of soul well, but with the same basic lineup as the one I listed at the beginning of the thread. The range on shared fate is kinda lousy though.

RE: Soulwells. They do NOT stack. You will only ever have one soul well aura on you, and only the last soulwell dropped will ever cast the burst heal (this goes for when multiple sorcs are around too, if someone drops a soulwell after yours, yours will no longer burst heal) The range is fairly substantial on the healing aura from them, so you have to place them pretty widely apart to actually gain a benefit from having all max 3 down at once. Even with 3600 resto the normal healing aura from soulwell isnt that much. the base soulwell aura is 5-6 heal. So with 3600 resto (900% healing) it does 45 to 50 per tic
  17. Brolli New Player

The only issue with sorcery healing in the new raids is that everyone is used to playing content over-geared. There was a reason back in the day people used range weapons soo much. Now that we have had close to a 1 1/2 years doing things over-geared Other classes do not know what they are doing.

Tanks finally can show their true worth. Controllers typically have have no "real" team work. Not their fault they are just so used to being batteries. Between a troller and tanks keeping mob control at bay healing is not that bad on trash; just time consuming because we are burning through individual mobs that we are accustomed to.

Then comes the DPS this can be another topic on its own....DPS just need to not worry about who tops dmg. Death happens its but when it become repeatedly as a dps you may just need a new play-style or game :)
    • Like x 1
  18. DrewCheech New Player

Thank you for posting this. My brother in law just got a sorc healer alt to level 30 and was in need of a good loadout/how to use idea. I'm sure this will work well with the earlier tier sections I can assume :)
  19. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Even if those three are random, half of the raid being protected is still worth it. Your shield increases the efficacy of your and your counterpart's HoT by preventing further damage, and allows you to focus (inasmuch as you can pick-and-choose) on healing the rest of the group.

Speaking of picking and choosing, someone said it above, and it really annoys me, when people tell me (or a new Sorc player) to keep the circle on the tank. Unless the rest of the group is right up there melee with the tank, that's the worst use of the best group heal Sorcery has, to put it on one player that needs the heals the least. Most of the time, it needs to be untargeted, and in front of the boss. Like at the second boss of Gates, the circle should go on the floor at the bottom of the steps where everyone stands while they attack him, so they don't wipe when he turns from the tank and shoots purple balls. If the group is getting heals, your rejuvenate will truly make it to the player most in need.
  20. Kali Mortis Level 30

ahem... [IMG]