Sorcery healer loadout t5 raids

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by trederk, May 22, 2013.

1. Bloodartist New Player

I think IoR's faults have been pretty well pointed out by now.

If an enemy has bad karma and you are in healer role, that enemys attacks will heal his targets. Its not quite the same as debuffing that enemys damage but almost. I have been using condemn for this purpose since I really don't like IoR or well of souls, and couldnt think anything else to put on my loadout. Shared fate would spread that bad karma on enemies around the caster, but I dont think that is good enough to waste two powerslots on.
  2. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

First of all I haven't done the raids a lot yet. But I'm doing the ops every day if possible.
    For the ops and even for the raids (tried out nexus) I took the SoulWell out of my loadout. Not enough trash mobs, which die fast enough to give us heals.

As SC I use the Arbiter. It lasts 22 seconds, I get infinite power, I'm mobile to move out of AoE, I can pop a shield, recast the watcher, the animation for rejuv is shorter and with condemn in my Arbiter-loadout my CoP does damage, which is the only way for me to do a little damage in arbiter-form, since I can't use any weapon combos.
  3. renzhe New Player

Query. Are you using the healing aspects of BK for healing in the T5 raids? eg spreading BK via KB or Condemn (Watcher spreads BK around with its Shared Fate attack) or using WOD (having GSA + WOD means players get heals when attacking the target)
  4. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Sorcery has it's DPS strength in the fact that it's the best bleeder DPS in the game. That said, it's heals work the same way but in reverse. Stack the dots.

What you'll want:
    Ranged healer -
    Boon of souls
    Circle of Protection
    Weapon of Destiny (bad karma)
    Rejuvenation (standard heal)
    Invocation of Renewal (large group heal - almost always crits)
    Soul Well (stacked times 3)

Melee healer
    Boon of souls
    Circle of Protection
    Karmic Backlash (bad karma)
    Rejuvenation (standard heal)
    Invocation of Renewal (large group heal - almost always crits)
    Soul Well (stacked times 3)

- You need to stack the 3 soul wells and circle. This is your defensive heal that allows players to recover health as they block - and they can't be stupid and NEED TO BLOCK. These heals are always on in the background and they need to mitigate damage by blocking to tap into it.That's on them. As for healing the bigger heals, both rejuvi and invoc will give you gold soul aura which will increase crit healing chance. Aside from that, invoc, though slow to start will always hit for high heals and is your most powerful heal move. When your group is fighting a larger enemy with tons of health, that's when you use weapon of destiny to apply bad karma while you're at range. If you're good with ranged weapons, hit the boss first and use the next few shots on other targets before WoD expires. If you're a melee healer the difference is being able to use karmic backlash to inflict bad karma on several targets instantly (if they are surrounding you). As you know, enemies with bad karma will heal back some of the damage they inflict on your allies.

Think of it like this - instead of massive instant heals sorcery essentially gives everybody cellular regeneration. It's not as quick but it's got that 'always on' potential.

You never want to have to fall back on transcendence .With the way the adds hit a person can be out of health in 1-2 hits. No sense in wasting a supercharge to try to guard against that. You yourself are also going to get hit. You're also going to want you allies to have the tacmods that increase their own blocking defense. These raids and ops were designed with that defensive addition in mind and the adds hit harder than you could consider normal. You also want your allies to understand how circle of protection works. You're going to want to be placing that on the tank at all times, but depending on the group strategy the tank may be a satellite away from the group. So long as your group members know all they have to do is touch the circle once and they will gain the regenerative enchantment (white sparkles), and that they don't have to camp on it and get hit by stray hits near the tank. And if your allies are far away from the tank but still taking heavy hits, the strategy in general ain't working and you need to reposition.

Sorc can do it, but it requires the most coordination with the group. They have to know how the powers work too, not just you. Too many players are used to running up to things and getting smacked hard while they are healed back instantly. Sorcery can't keep that up or they'll run out of power quick. Blocking is paramount, as is good placement of the circle, soul wells, power management (keeping up your own combos), and using the shield at just the right moments (preventative damage, not using it just because the cooldown is over and it's 'ready').
  5. Cadens Dedicated Player

No matter what sorcery loadout you use, it will be inferior to electric and nature. I actually go out of my way to avoid ever bringing a sorcery healer into nexus, because after the first room, they are generally useless. Heck, I solo healed the add room last night for 7 minutes after our electricity healer dropped and was not picked up. There is no way sorcery could do that by any stretch of the imagination without a god code. I can heal everyone in the room in 1-2 seconds flat. You can't expect everyone to move into your CoP also because that could mean instant death given how strong the AoEs are.

The only way I could see them fixing this is by doing the following:

1. Increase the radius of CoP by about 10m.
    2. Sac offering needs to be an instant heal, and needs to give back 2-3x more health than it currently is.
    3. Transcendence needs to work properly, and also allow the healer to move around while its up. Currently, it's vastly inferior to invigorate and regeneration due to the simple fact that you can be knocked out of it, and it gives hardly any power back. To top of off, I can still heal with other powers when regen/invig are up... not with trans.

Then they will be fixed.
    • Like x 2
  6. Bloodartist New Player

Transcendence makes the sorcerer invulnerable to damage while its channeling.

However, I agree that its a panic button, not sustainable group heal. Obviously sorcery needds improvements. Invocation is straight up garbage.
  7. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

We're discussing healing T5 raids here, bad karma doesn't do enough to even warrant a slot. The sorcery PIs are the weakest in the game of any class, they're so ineffectual that they dont even belong in this conversation. Bad karma is just plain bad, when an npc is hitting you for 3 to 4k a hit and you heal back 30-40 hp only on their target, (not people who attack someone with bad karma as people in another thread are claiming) it's not worth mentioning. It is NOT going to help you keep your group alive in raid content.

Can IOR put out big heals? sure, but it's not reliable, and when you're healing you HAVE to be able to know "if i cast this heal, people are going to get health back" Heck, it's even a problem with Transcendence, if an NPC looks at you funny you can get knocked out of it very easily, wasting half of your supercharge bar, putting the ability on cool-down and not healing ANYONE. I'm not willing to risk my raid wiping because i tried to spend the 3 seconds casting IOR and got knocked out of it at the last moment, meaning no one got any heals for 3 seconds and that I still have to cast more heals and hope people didn't die.
    • Like x 2
  8. Deviant New Player

Those are all commendable fixes, but I still think increasing our HoT ticks to maintain everyone's HP and keep them above water against 3-4K hits would help Sorc Healing out. Since Sorc healing is based on static placement and limited range of steady healing, at least keep us relavent by scaling our HoT with the current damage in.

In raids, it is a team effort, and the combo of 2 different healing powers is optimal, but why is that Sorcs seem to bring in the rear and for some groups try to avoid? For old content Sorcs are fine, but seems harder the raids continue to be, Sorc healing fall more behind. Set it and forget doesn't apply anymore as burst healing is required for newer 8-man content, which Sorc's lack. And the burst powers we have depend on the amount of adds (Soul Well) or anticipating near deaths (IoR), both not very helpful with the current boss rooms.

And QFT ^^^
  9. 478874 Dedicated Player

Any time the Devs have said transcendence is uninterruptable, I just go stand in traffic and spray auto-fire and then cast it. Every time, the cars will crash into me and immediately cancel transcendence, same is true for the bouncy balls in the vault. It's like c'mon man, level 1 knock backs still cancelling it and you want me to depend on this in high level content?
  10. MIA Philly New Player

just because people don't know how to use or time IoR doesn't make it any better or worse than any other power here. cast time stinks, true. very interuptable, true. but almost any power or attack can be so thats no excuse. the ability to heal the entire raid party for 6-10k per use is awesome. i challenge peopel to run older content and use IoR and learn to time it and see the amount it heals for and you will have a different feeling about it.
  11. MIA Philly New Player

its only certain types of moves do it though. ive run Family many times and both lex and the nexus guardian have been blasting me and not doing anything to me while my team is getting healed and picking up anyone that may be down. to say trans doesnt work in any situation would be insane but it certainly can be costly if broken.
  12. ARI ATARI New Player

boon of souls
    soul well
    circle of protection
    watcher
    sacrificial offering
    rejuvinate

and where most people put their sodas i put karmix hex.

in my utility belt i run cc trinket for its shield, remix, supply drop and either orbital strike or the pumpkin.
  13. Stinson Active Player

I wondered about that - thanks a bunch for for sharing the info so I don't need to test.
    • Like x 1
  14. 478874 Dedicated Player

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet and was going to omit it but IoR has the largest healing range in the game. A player can literally be slightly over double the distance of range attacks from the target the tank is on and still hit the tank with IoR. In big rooms this is great, like the against Tala or Eclipso, because player can be completely out of harms way, off on the side of the map and still hit the tank and all the players with huge heals, especially if the player knows the tells of major attacks. Supplementing this tactic with HoTs like SW and CoP and buffering other major attacks with Boon of Souls, it's easy to Solo heal just about any content that isn't T5 with literally no risk of dying.

This use of IoR is completely mitigated when the rooms are much smaller in size, when the NPC adds/bosses are broken up into several groups endangering the caster or when the NPCs can launch into attacks anywhere in the room at any time, like brother eye, batman sub-construct avatar of tech final form and obviously the new t5 content.
  15. Deviant New Player

Curious as I still play around with IoR but not have put it in my regular rotation or convinced of it's effectiveness, but in regards to it's range. Should I assume IoR will hit all members in your LoS or anyone in that double distant ranges circumference you speak of, no matter if they're off your screen?
  16. renzhe New Player

Just noting that, if one has GSA, and casts WOD to hit a target, any person hitting that target will receive incoming HoTs.
  17. 478874 Dedicated Player

Yeah LoS matters. If someone is not in LoS, it will not effect that player. Usually, I just stand way far back behind the range dpsers. I play on the farther zoomed out camera perspective as well, so this gives me a great vantage point to see what's happening with the whole encounter and plenty of time to call out and react to any variable situations. This position also usually gives me no LoS issues. Occasionally, someone may step out of line or what have you and I just direct them back to a safe place.
    • Like x 1
  18. 478874 Dedicated Player

Sorry I think I misunderstood and couldnt edit my last post in time. The range of IoR is a giant circle with the radius being at just above double range attack distance. It will hit everyone within that circle unless they are blocked by line of sight objects. So you don't need to be facing them for it to hit them, they could be off of your camera, behind you somewhere of off to the side but as long as they are within the radius, they will receive heals. In other words, I believe the range is circular and not cone-shaped or something else.

Having such a long range to operate with, I like to position myself where I can see everything at once and then try to coordinate people's efforts as best as possible. The range itself provides ample reaction time to cast and time IoR with much more immediate effectiveness in response to an attack. The risk of being pushed back or otherwise interrupted is much lower given the distance between myself and the source of the attack, and it's much easier to read the the tells for such an attack as I am not caught up in the buzzsaw of graphics and effects at attack range, which improves my timing/anticipation.

In big rooms, I really try to make use of the space to gain this advantage. The other great thing is I can place the area heals like Soul Well and CoP down strategically, to really canvas a whole room. Simultaneously, when the room is much smaller or the boss is far more active or there are multiple bosses that move around, it becomes a much riskier proposition to cast IoR because that range advantage has been mitigated.
  19. Evil Grave New Player

I have some question's first off I still don't understand why you would use weapon of destiny or karmic hex, the heals from bar karma seem too weak for how hard the npc's in these raids hit. Also why not use arbiter? You gain unlimited power bar for a short time and can spam heals. I will try these load outs and your tips but sorcery still feels (at least for me) completely under powered for t5 raids. I find healing the t5 raids as nature or electricity a breeze while for sorcery a chore I figured I must be doing something wrong, I love sorcery healing but when I'm solo healing the last boss on my nature I am not so sure .The nature amd sorcery revamp cannot come soon enough.
  20. DCUO Anon New Player

Boon of Soul
    Circle of Protection
    Arbiter of Destiny
    Soul Well > out of combat swap / Karmic Backlash/Shared Fate
    Rejuvenate
    Invocation of Renewal

Arbiter of Destiny:
    Rejuvenate
    Invocation of Renewal
    Circle of Protection
    Vengeance
    Shared Fate
    Final Ruin

Belt:
    CC trinket> for increased Resto and bubble
    Sidekick IV
    Supply Drop IV
    Karmic Hex consumable IV > OMAC Nanite Circuity Trinket > or other seasonal resto trinket

Home Turf Mod:
    Weapon Mod: Restoration adapter
    Neck: Fortified Blocking
    Back: Violent Breakout
    Chest: Core Strength
    Feet: Explosive Block
    Hands: Regenerative Shielding