New Queue System is LIVE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 23, 2015.

1. Tarrin Augur

I like how the biggest attack on the queue log in, is based on a quote a dev/forum employee, etc..didn't say.
  2. Gnom New Member

Yes something else to do while waiting, like making a second server so people who pay for the ability to log into the new progression server, can actually log in and play. Stop trying to get around the actual problem.
  3. Kolani Augur

Note that my initial comment, which Mardy ended up twisting, was that it wasn't feasible. The exact comment from him was

"TheRoshen26 points1 day ago*

If it were easy, we totally would."
    That was followed by another comment from Roshen to the effect that it wasn't feasible, which is no longer available, having been edited.
  4. Kolani Augur

You know, there are servers other than Ragefire that you're paying for.
  5. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

but logging into those servers takes us off the queue for ragefire.

While, yes there are other servers, and other GAMES TOO (EQ2) for AllAccess - it is disingenuous to point it out to many of us who specifically subscribed after years for this TLP server.
  6. Tarrin Augur

Pretending like that is even a semi-adequate response when you know full well that many people here are only here for Ragefire is just silly.

And don't bring up your "in my day, we switched to a lower pop server" excuse again. That is not even remotely the same. Many people WOULD switch to a different server if it was the same ruleset.
    Nenake likes this.
  7. Xiceman New Member

So when I click on the server and tell it to play I get the server is full message and nothing about a queue am I doing something wrong? Am I auto put into a queue? Just wondering cause i dont see it saying anything about a queue and yes I have restarted my launcher since and patched to make sure.
  8. Belligerent Gnome New Member

It'd be nice if there was some indication that we were in que in the launcher, even if it didn't show our place in line.
    karioki likes this.
  9. Gnom New Member

No I actually paid for ragefire, since you need to be all access to play on it, i can play on all the other servers for free.
  10. BobWiley New Member

While I do agree they prolly should launch a new server with the same ruleset due to this high demand I think the queue was a good alternative due to the mass clicking folks were doing before to get on.

As for the following quotes:

While I know the ETA is impossible due to no way of knowing when folks will log out or be booted a number showing where you are in the queue in like a corner of the screen would be nice so we know when the wait time is going to be fairly long.

Does this include chars who play for awhile and then just afk for the night or those who go to the char select screen for hours on end?

Just outta curiosity what is that
    ?
  11. Dartaniun Augur

Adding a que doesn't fix the actual problem.

Server is at capacity and people still can't get in...Because it's full!

So if my gallon of milk is full, I just connect a long small gauge tube to it that way as some milk gets out more will slowly make it in there TO MAKE IT FULL AGAIN. Leaving the same problem still there, not the opening or line to the jug. The jug is still full, get a 2nd jug

Not sure if the analogy is a good one, but by the time the milk makes it into the jug it's probably gone bad anyway
  12. Ellanox New Member

Agreed, i have a clan of people all back that havn't played in 6-10 years. None of these people have any interest in other servers.
  13. Motherlee Augur

Better yet, make one that is no-boxing. I bet you're as tired of hearing the as I am. Let's see how much they love waiting 45 mins for a cleric or warrior to log in.
  14. squidgod Augur

Couple things:

If I close the queue message, do I remain in the queue?

If I enter chat, do I remain in the queue?
  15. StanStanlee New Member

SO! Lets all start posting how awesome our new que times are with the new system. I am up to 45 min! and its midnight EST! Before the que system I never spent more than 5 - 10 min trying to get in, now...45 and counting! Who can take the longest to get in?! Will edit when I get in...if I don't go to bed first.
  16. Hobie Lorekeeper

Just an FYI for you guys: 1) you *can* get on (but certain times are iffy, which sucks) 2) they *are* booting folks that were afk too long, and 3) those that afk'd too long but weren't booted quite yet, seem to have been mowed down by trains from other players. I'm assuming #3 judging by the oodles and oodles of bodies at the zonelines...
  17. Hobie Lorekeeper

Wait, you got like, an actual TIME guestimate on yours? Dang it, I didn't get that!
  18. Dali New Member

Gotta point out, there was a Queue system already in 1999.
    I clearly remember waiting in line to get on when the game was new. It was the reason i ended up with 3-4 of the same char's/class combos on multiple servers.
    Sony most likely removed it when they came to a point where there no longer was a problem with full servers.
    They havent tried to have a server for 10+ years that produced such a big rush to 1 server.

The Queue system is a good thing thanks !! but it would be a good idea to have the client show if you are getting a progress towards getting online. I think many people is still getting frustrated about not being able to see if it actually works.

To all the whiners about DB helping new players for Ragefire only over long term custommers...

You don't understand the terms of a business.

Every custommer has the same importance, no matter if your a new or a long term business associate when it comes to urgent problems.
    When you have a problem that is unacceptable for your custommers no matter if its a few or many users, you drop all your buckets and try to fix it.
    And everything is possible to code ... thats prolly why the post you referred to was edited. Another thing is if its feasable to do in terms of how many man hours it will take to do.

And 99% of such problems is fixed in reasonable time wich will not impact very much on the schedule of their current projects in the coder team, so take a xanax ... your next expansion will most likely not suffer any prolonged development time ;)
  19. Hobie Lorekeeper

My "queue" is just the server select screen, with no clue how long I'll have to wait.
  20. StanStanlee New Member

Same as mine, I just have been watching the clock to know that now its been 55 min and still waiting...
    Just got in! 57 minutes! Good Luck folks!