New Queue System is LIVE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 23, 2015.

1. Mardy Augur

Good job JChan, good job Daybreak. I'm sure this can be improved on in the future to display an ETA or position in queue so we know approx how long of a wait it is. But for now, on a holiday weekend and such a quick whip up code, you guys did the community a great service. I'm glad I can watch TV, browse the net, and do other things while waiting knowing others won't be leap frogging me. Thank you!

As a thank you I'm buying $80 worth of Daybreak Cash on me and my g/f's accounts right now. I encourage others to do the same to show them appreciation :) Cheers, have a great weekend JChan and co.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Kolani Augur

And you're not as dismayed as I am, with all the "the code doesn't allow that" we've been fed over the years? Roshen was saying that a queue wasn't possible as recently as yesterday, and now, boom, we have it overnight.
    Eteract likes this.
  3. Sulla New Member

Nice job DayBreak! It was a rough start to this new server but you did very well to correct the issues in a timely manner. You deserve a vacation!
  4. Amir New Member

Make another progressive server with the same rules.

kthx
  5. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Awesome. Thank you for doing this for us. :)
  6. Mardy Augur

Just because a programmer figured out a way to do it, doesn't mean other things players have asked for over the years had the similar insight. Although if you think about it, people have asked for a lot of things in the past, and many of the things eventually came to fruition were things they initially said they couldn't do.

I don't think you should be that upset at them. A login queue system has to do with the login system, not changing the ingame code that has to do with the game itself. I would imagine something like a login queue is a lot easier to code in than creating flying mounts ingame for an example.
  7. Crumm Lorekeeper

This isn't working. My connection was terminated by the server while I was waiting.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  8. Mardy Augur

9. UnnamedPlayer Elder

10. Akhkharux New Member

Connection terminated for inactivity on the server select screen. >.>
  11. Slasher Augur

I appreciate the new queue system but the fact that you're taking away code time from live servers for this really pisses me off. When we ask why stuff goes years and cant get fixed we hear excuses but you do this overnight ? Should we name the stuff that's been broken on live for years and never fixed ? When we ask for new features in the game you say you don't have the code time to add all of the stuff but this happens overnight ? You dedicate time for 1 server but ignore the rest.
    Reht and Kolani like this.
  12. Tanvaras New Member

"Connection terminated for inactivity!!!!" After waiting as told by your pop up that I am in a queue and your post says "We wont be kicked" - Working as intended hey!
  13. Kolani Augur

A lot of the things that they've said aren't possible, they've just tossed it aside with "the code doesn't allow that." Again, as recently as yesterday, Roshen was saying that "the code doesn't allow that" in regards to a queue system. At this point, you have to now take anything that this development team has said in the entire time that they've been here with a grain of salt based on this, especially when it's been a "code doesn't allow that" excuse.
  14. Mardy Augur

Just to correct you what Roshen said, because Roshen's post yesterday was a response to my question about adding a queue system. He never said the code doesn't allow that, he said this:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...-the-afk-problem-fix-inc.221884/#post-3234848
  15. Slasher Augur

"code doesn't allow that" is code for no.

Which is a lie its all possible given the right resources which EQ has not had in a decade. But hey lets dedicate time for 1 server over the rest.
    Kolani likes this.
  16. UnnamedPlayer Elder

Even if you disconnect, according to what Roshen posted, you won't lose your place in queue.
  17. Slasher Augur

Dedicate time on something that wont even be used in a month. God I love how your team manages its resources.
    Eteract and Kolani like this.
  18. Mardy Augur

When you can't login to EQ Live servers, then we'll see about them spending resources over a holiday weekend to fix it. Because players have paid for something they haven't been able to access due to an antiquated login system. It rightfully needed to be fixed so people can even login.

Now would you and others please stop creating offtopic posts in this thread? This thread is for feedback regarding the new queue system. Also stop putting words in Roshen's mouths, as he never said "the code doesn't allow that" that some keep stating.
  19. Kolani Augur

There are plenty of other servers that they could have logged into. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the login system keeping them from logging into Fippy, Bertox or even Zek. They just all wanted to get onto one specific server. Back in my day when a server was full, you went to a lower pop server, you didn't cry about not getting onto Nameless.
    Eteract likes this.
  20. Pukk New Member

ok so now i get a time out for waiting to long on the server select screen after clicking ok for the queu? What am I missing...