New Queue System is LIVE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 23, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Hello all,

The new EQ Queue System is now live!

After logging in, clicking Play, and reaching the Server Select screen, players will be notified if their selected server is full and that they have been added to the queue.

Clicking “Okay” in the queue notification window and staying at login (server select window) will retain a player’s place in the queue.
    • Queuing will auto login people when there's space. We have no counter or estimated wait time to display at this time.
    • Queuing puts players in the queue on a first-come-first-serve basis.
    • Multiple attempts won’t change the position in line.
    • Players remain in the queue. There is no time limit or disconnection due to inactivity.
    • Queuing will skip a player if their client isn't connected to the login server while trying to process their turn.
    • Queuing will skip a player that logged into other servers.
    • If you are disconnected and return before your place in the queue has been attempted by the server, you will be returned to your place in the queue.
    • If you are automatically logged in through the queue system and your character is inactive (AFK) for a reasonable period of time, you will be disconnected.
    This system will make it easier for a group to friends to log in together, and start playing at the same time. Have feedback on this new system? Feel free to leave it in the thread here.
  2. Korben New Member

Good work. Thanks.
  3. 7Ryan New Member

So am i Suppose to get a message saying something about queue. Because mine shows the usual
  4. Cidran Augur

May Tunare bless you
    Zujilli likes this.
  5. Tachya Elder

Didn't see a notification so it didn't seem to work, but it did. Took only a few minutes too. Please give your devs a bonus or something.
  6. Fendy Augur

• If you are automatically logged in through the queue system and your character is inactive (AFK) for a reasonable period of time, you will be disconnected.
    Is there a hard code for "a reasonable period of time" or was an actual number of minutes coded?
  7. UnnamedPlayer Elder

Try running the patcher again:

[IMG]
  8. Arkaron New Member

I didn't see a queue message yet; I'll keep trying. Thank you for doing this, it's a great idea.

ETA: I think I tried to log in just as this message was posted; try logging all the way out and back in if you can't see the queue message.
  9. Mogossis Journeyman

Same for me, I'm kinda confused about that.
  10. UnnamedPlayer Elder

The queue system worked perfectly for me. I was alt tabbed looking at this post, and suddenly my client switched back and started loading to the character selection screen. Pretty awesome.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. strongbus Augur

did you log and rerun the patcher?
  12. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

<3 <3 <3
  13. Kolani Augur

Incredibly dismayed. We can't get basic code support for EQ, and all of a sudden a bunch of whiners get a queue system written overnight, which Roshen was saying wasn't feasible as recently as yesterday? You guys have a lot of explaining to do for people who have been subscribers for longer than five days.
    Eteract, Tour, Iila and 5 others like this.
  14. Teren_Kanan Elder

After you hit OK is there any indication anywhere that you are still currently in Queue? Or do you just leave that window up? Does it amtter?
  15. UnnamedPlayer Elder

I closed the OK window and just sat there and didn't have to do anything else.
    Synisca likes this.
  16. Synisca Augur

Jchan for president of the world. <3
    Zujilli and Xanadas like this.
  17. Zujilli Elder

You guys are awesome! <3
    Aenvar likes this.
  18. Dalai New Member

This sounds a lot better than clicking mindlessly on a login screen. Now we get to see what an average wait time will be.

What is the dev thinking/justification behind a queue in a game that involves raiding? When dozens of players need to be online at a certain time for the start of a raid, this is going to be a problem. Depending on queue wait times, this could change a lot, especially for non-instanced raids. If guilds can't get raids going because half the raid team is in a queue, then we are back in the weeds again.

Or maybe the server population will be low enough that this is all moot by the time raids are a routine part of the server?
  19. ronkrepps New Member

I'm not sure you understand the point of the queue system. A queue system is there exactly to prevent the problem you are talking about. If you need to be on for some reason you get in the queue and are logged in when your time in line is up. If you leave a queue system out and everyone just fights for that one open spot you end up having just the same effect, if not worse. Unless you are one of the lucky ones who happens to take the spot from someone who's been trying to log in for hours.
  20. Ironfoot Elder

Hey I've been subscribed for the past 15 years, and am playing on Ragefire, so you just watch yerself there...

However, a queue leaves little chance to the RNG gods whom love me... I expect "longer" wait times now.