New Queue System is LIVE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 23, 2015.

1. Agrippa Augur

@Koloni: I liked and agree with your first post, but let's not pretend that lots of people didn't come back and resub specifically to play on Ragefire. That there are other servers and other games is irrelevant. Would you be singing the same song if they shut down Firiona Vie? There was no bold or fine print text in all of the advertisements or store page saying that most people would be unable to play.
    Eteract likes this.
  2. Slasher Augur

When 50% of ragefire players are no longer playing in a month this system will never be used again. They took resources away from rest of us for something that will not be used in a month.
    Kolani likes this.
  3. Gnom New Member

Thanks for the crappy attempt at fixing the problem. Now learn from your mistake and fix the real issue. Make a second server. Dont know how many people on these forums have to tell you this before you listen. /sigh
  4. Kolani Augur

I don't think we should be getting less attention than the TLP server though, Agrippa. Let's be honest, most of these TLP resubs are going to be gone in a month or two. The sheer amount of dev time that Ragefire has received this week seems to be two to three times what we've got across all the Live servers in years. We've been paying to keep the servers open, we should be treated just as well as the cash infusion people, and we clearly have not.

I mean, that .2 sec delay on autofire has been "not able to be removed due to code" for years. This week? Bam, gone.
  5. Dalai New Member

I think you were partially right. Also, I was assuming a scenario where there wouldn't be many players logging off during prime raiding time, which now seems like an illogical assumption. Thanks.
  6. UnnamedPlayer Elder

I don't think this took as much resources as you think it did. The only thing that patched client side was the file for strings. Everything is done server side for the queue system.

That being said, for many people the queue system makes the difference between continuing to play or unsubbing.
  7. Dredlox Elder

I still don't consider sitting in queue and being kicked for inactivity playing so I have my doubts.
  8. ValinorPeacemake New Member

It would be useful IF a GM would pop into chat now and then to post the length of time the queue is for Ragefire. Thanks.
  9. Crumm Lorekeeper

25 minutes and it actually did log me in automagically.
  10. EZPZ New Member

Can we have a parallel progression server with Tallon Zek pvp ruleset?
  11. ValinorPeacemake New Member

Been over 20 min here and nothing happening.
  12. chooseareality New Member

Honestly from the way it was worded this work that several of you have complained about being done wasn't done as a task assigned to a dev. It was a dev that really wanted to play like the rest of us solving the problem as a fellow player that happens to have access to the code base. On top of whatever work they had to do, they also took the time to give us and them a queue. That is just awesome that they have people working there that like the game as much as we do, and complaining in any way that this work shouldn't have been done is really out of place.

My 2 cents as a fellow game dev. You know we do read the forums for the things we work on right? We just usually can't comment on the forums.

Disclaimer: I have never worked on any SOE/Daybreak things, I work on other things for other companies. :)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  13. Kolani Augur

Lol, it's obvious that the devs don't play Everquest. If you had played more than a week, it would be obvious to you too.
  14. Slasher Augur

actually it was not a dev it was the lead programmer for everquest that did it and if you were a game dev you would know she would not have to wait in line to access the server. Just ask absor :)
    Kolani likes this.
  15. Chips Elder

I still think we need a new server with the same fules as Ragefire; there just are to many people on this server, and wait times are still there. I appreciate this though, but think we still need another server.
  16. chooseareality New Member

17. Smallpox Augur

Roshen/Devs

Can you sit in the launcher chat (while in the Que)? In other words, go to the server select, choose your server, answer yes on the Que window, then click chat.

Will it log you into your chosen server while in chat?

It gets quite boring staring at the server select screen. Could be chatting to pass the time.

Edit: Also, can you add the word Que'd somewhere next to the chosen server after you join the Que? :)
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I'd imagine because the code for the patcher is more modern than the code for EQ. All the patcher does is download information and connects us to the servers. It doesn't care that the code it is downloading is probably close to 20 years old.
  19. Roxxors Lorekeeper

Now all they need to do is add something to do while waiting in the queue. I know, make it a game and they can name it Gems...
    Janakin and Tarvas like this.
  20. Barton The Mischievous

Fallfyres likes this.