New Queue System is LIVE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 23, 2015.

1. Peri Journeyman

Jesus, how long do you have to wait to get in? This stinks.
  2. Irefuse New Member

what about those of us that were already in the game and it crashes because of the advanced loot? now im stuck in a queue because your advanced loot thing crashed my client.
    Hobitses likes this.
  3. Silv Augur

So... dev codes que for Ragefire server in under 24 hours a day after launch. PoK TS merchants still missing on ALL live servers for 6 days now (because of unintentional changes for Ragefire server). /sigh
    Tour, Iila and Kolani like this.
  4. Iila Augur

It's literally the npc data field called NO_SNARE

Please go try to snare everything, and give us a list of things that are immune, because it's too much effort to scroll through a spreadsheet and look for values other than 0.

There were multiple threads complaining about it in beta, plus posts in some of the zone threads. There were some changes after TDS release, but the default seemed to be to make every trash mob immune to everything.
  5. Zolis New Member

Que system is awesome. But please fix the crash bug or allow disconnected people a certain amount of time to get back in. I've now crashed twice because of advanced loot system bug and have had to wait close to an hour to get back in.
  6. Kolani Augur

Have you been paying attention? We don't even get 99% of dev attention these days, I'm not quite sure what they're doing - obviously they're not even playing WoW anymore, otherwise they'd get ideas for not making content tedious. The devs asked players to find a list of mobs because they couldn't be bothered to go through mob values and check for 0s and 1s. We don't get code support on Live AT ALL. We lost tradeskill vendors because of changes to Ragefire, and the developer response to us is basically "lol sucks to be you guys" while they magically write a queue system for Ragefire overnight.
    Hobitses, Iila and Silv like this.
  7. Pukk New Member

queued for over an hour now, and need to head to dinner with the in-laws in about 15...looks like its going to be a loooooong night in queue again once we get back >< maybe its time to start fresh on a new server and pretend its got the new rule set....except have tried that and usually end up cheating in a month or 2...even if its by using loyalty points and vet rewards..
  8. Tarrin Augur

It's hard to pay attention when you use so many incorrect over the top exaggerations. They all distract from the times you occasionally have an actual point.
  9. skattabrainz Augur

since there's no wait time counter, about how long have people been waiting to get logged in? I cant help but be "dubious" (to use an EQ-loaded word) when i hit OK and it doesn't appear that any, ya know, queueing is happening.

Been 30 mins so far. what have people been experiencing?
  10. Thanantos New Member

1.5 HOURS to get logged in.
    Then was in game.. Advanced loot caused the game to crash.
    Now been waiting 45 minutes to get back in game. I have my family in game (wife two sons, and sons GF) all waiting for me (Im playing a cleric this time around).
    And here I am posting how this is jacked up.

WHY should someone who Fing Crashed, wait in the queue?

If this was a raid........

As I said in another thread. I would like a dollar for every person I saw QUIT Everquest because of bad rollouts, and patches.

I Play WOT also.. and have seen a world of patches, and updates without any crashing, and anything resembling downtime has been minimal.
    Hire some Russian coders to fix all the jacked up code??
  11. Zadok New Member

I was a bit skeptical when daybreak took over but have actually been impressed with how responsive they have been to problems arising during the launch of Ragefire.

As for the queue system Woot! It is great to see that EQ has this feature now.
  12. Kamilah New Member

This is terrible. I got in much faster just clicking constantly. I hate it. The wait time is ridiculous.
  13. Karhar Dream Crusher

Any way to put in a thing to where if someone goes ld, they get a 15 minute window to relog in before they have to wait in line again? Waiting an hour, got in, went LD shortly after i got in, my internet pinged back on just as i hit 0% on lagometer. Now i get to wait again.
  14. Thanantos New Member

1hour 10 minutes waiting in queue.

Yeah I do NOT see myself putting up with this for long at ALL.

If this isn't resolved in a day or two I will be killing my all access on all 9 accounts (I don't multibox, my whole family plays)

This is just unacceptable.
  15. Thanantos New Member

1 hour 35 minutes I had to wait. Going in Now.

That's ridiculous.
  16. NillDank New Member

Yeah, must be RNGesus loves me, because this is taking far longer than before. Has only taken me 5 minutes of clicking to get in since launch night, and I've been waiting 20 minutes already queue.

Maybe it's because all of the people before me went AFK while they waited on this long queue, and now AFKers are clogging up the character screen.

Props to the EQ team for taking the time to try to address an issue, but I don't think this worked, still have just as many people trying to get in.

Perhaps it's time to revisit the idea of a second server?
    brandxsps likes this.
  17. Ekonnahn New Member

To those that argue that a second server to handle people wanting to play on the new TLP server would be a waste due to the idea that "in a few weeks it'll slow down" I say that's total BS. What's going to slow it down is not being able to play.
    I'm not sitting at my comp because I wanted to watch netflix or youtube or read mail or whatever. I'm sitting here because I wanted to play on Ragefire. But instead I get to read here that I can expect an hour+ of waiting and that if I get kicked for whatever reason, I'll get to wait another hour.
    I don't want to wait an hour, let alone several weeks, to be able to play. I'd tolerate having to rename my character because of a merge in 6 months, if it were to slow down enough to warrant a merge. Not that I actually expect things to slow down (if people are able to play on a more reliable basis) since anyone coming to the Ragefire server is a paying player and they know what the server is about. The idea that the majority are coming to Ragefire just because it's something new is ludicrous. The idea that Ragefire will fail if no one can reliably play is more realistic.
    Pukk and brandxsps like this.
  18. brandxsps New Member

Nice try but this isn't cutting it. I was able to log in before in 5 minutes or so. Now with this thing I'm sitting here for over an hour. By the time it logs me in I don't have time to play anymore. Right now I'm paying to stand in line and not play.
  19. Elcinia New Member

The queue system is a good idea, but it's frustrating to sit here and just hope that I'm really in a queue. A notification window that stays on would be a helpful addition.
  20. Vasil Journeyman

we need a second server, not a glorified line