Increase of Unsnareable/Summoning Mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toxicaust, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Toxicaust Journeyman

So I recently came back to EQ after about a year of being gone.

For years, I used to main a Necromancer on a single account, off and on. It was lots of fun.

Then, the pet nerfs happened and I couldn't molo group content like I used to be able to. So I started to box a shaman to help out. Kind of annoying, a bit harder, but I got pretty capable doing that.

Then, since I recently came back, I find that they've added unsnareability / summoning to a bunch of mobs that didn't used to be. Several expansions deep! I could no longer practically root rot on my necromancer. That was the core gameplay mechanic of my single player necro game!!!!!

I don't play my necro anymore. He's dead. And not undead either.

Now I box sham/monk. It's fun, I've gotten good at it. But my necro is kind of like my ex that I can't get over. But there's too much pain there to go back.

So, Daybreak, why did you do this? Do you see the impact you're having on players?
    disgruntled likes this.
  2. Frael Elder

Which mobs are now unsnareable and summoning that previously had not been?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Eaiana Augur

Hiladdar and Frael like this.
  4. Eaiana Augur

From the patch notes:

- Reviewed the majority of enemies in Call of the Forsaken and The Darkened Sea zones with regards to immunity to runspeed changes, mesmerization, stun, lull, charm, and fear, and removed or relaxed restrictions on most NPCs.

In this case the changes had the opposite effect, and made most mobs run speed change immune.
  5. Toxicaust Journeyman

A lot of mobs in Brother Island and Evantil, definitely. I don't remember exactly which ones, but those were two of my favorite kiting zones and now there's barely not enough kite-able mobs for it to be worth it.

Two specific mobs that come to mind are the ghost "wanderers" in BI and the trees in Evantil.
  6. Toxicaust Journeyman

That doesn't make any sense. They did they opposite of what they said. Is this a bug?
    Rivitt and Hiladdar like this.
  7. Eaiana Augur

It was reported as a bug, then the forum mods shut down further discussion of the matter so it was left as is. It is unclear what the intention of the change was.
    Rivitt and Hiladdar like this.
  8. Frael Elder

Thanks, I'd forgotten about that change.
  9. YellowBelly Augur

Some devs have been very vocal about their hate for kiting. I'm not surprised right after Elidroth left someone made this change. I believe Elidroth was comfortable with some zones having mobs that did not summon.
  10. Toxicaust Journeyman

What? Why would any of the devs hate kiting?
  11. Hiladdar Augur

Thank you for bumping https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...clearer-skies-mission-much-harder-now.227011/ thread back up.

Also, the following 2 threads deal with the same issue:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-hate-begets-mobs-at-end.226899/#post-3331330
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...the-past-much-harder-now.226793/#post-3329483

Here is the infamous patch that did this: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-september-23-2015.226759/

Here is the disparity being reported between what was happening in the game and the patch notes in the bug thread for the patch. Most of the stuff regarding blanket changes to mobs starts on page 6 of the thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/update-bugs-09-23-15.226767/
    Rivitt and disgruntled like this.
  12. Murphy Elder

I personally would have went with SK over monk. I mean with SK you can win without turning on auto attack....truth.
  13. moogs Augur

Are these the same devs that make you kite in a bunch of raids?

Kiting has been one of the better parts of the game since 1999, offering a challenging and perfectly valid intentionally designed playstyle, and those core mechanics shouldn't be messed with today.

But fine, ruin what's good about EQ and distract us with some kitties.
    Rivitt and disgruntled like this.
  14. Siddar Augur

Can kite mobs in plane of health but root rotting them seems the better option for killing them as necro. Only unicorns summon, rock dervish and lemurs charm but you can use root to stay out of their charms casting range,

Other then that you can use pet with cleric merc and slow to kill trash mobs in TBM.
  15. Toxicaust Journeyman

I was primarily talking about root rotting in the first place. I didn't have a lot of luck in PoH with root rotting myself, I wasn't aware of the charm range, but a) if you do get charmed you're pretty much F'd and b) those are pretty slim pickin's if that's the only place left to root rot.

One of the benefits of playing a necro used to be that you didn't need to play with a merc out. And pet moloing trash is just slow as hell. That's why I switched to a monk.
  16. Siddar Augur

If you get charmed simply don't panic. When charm breaks agro will clear so you have time to react before mob does. Always always keep dichotomic up on the mobs that charm so they dont kill you with mind storm. Also avoid using pet.
  17. Toxicaust Journeyman

Sure, until your next dot tick...

Anyway, this thread isn't about how to root rot two mobs in PoH. I'm not planning on picking up my Necro again if the single player experience continues to be crippled like this.
    disgruntled likes this.
  18. Siddar Augur

Root AA refreshes every 30 seconds you should have about five mobs rotting at most times. You should also snare the mobs so you can run away after charm breaks. I use three splurts, two shadows, TBM combined disease swift DoT as the base damage for every mob. Then ether pyre + ignite or dichotomic as the final dots on a mob being rotted.

I do in fact agree the amount of non summoning mobs in TBM is very limited but they are there in plane of health you just have to know how to deal with some very annoying charm mobs. Plus learning how to split the player race npc mobs out of the gazebos quickly.

Other then that you need to learn how to molo for the rest of TBM.
  19. disgruntled Augur

Everything in Tempest Temple. Can't mez them either.
    Rivitt likes this.
  20. Rivitt Elder

And banned the people who brought it up again.
    Hiladdar likes this.