Degmar "Burden of the Past" much harder now

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by astroguy66, Sep 23, 2015.

1. astroguy66 New Member

I don't know if this was intentional or not, but the group mission "Burden of the Past" is much harder. Previously, all the mobs in the initial three "waves" were rootable/snareable and didn't summon. Now they all seem to be able to summon, and perhaps only one can you alter its run speed. This makes this mission extremely difficult to finish unless you have a mezzer.

Correction: these mobs are also non-mezzable.
    Hiladdar and Motherlee like this.
  2. Kolani Augur

Burden of the Past has always been stupid like that.
  3. Uxtalzon Augur

The name of the dwarves dictate what they're immune/susceptible to. For example, if I remember right, the angry attendee is stun immune but that meant they were susceptible to mez/root or some other form of crowd control.

That mission still plop you right in front of the captain if you try to zone in after a wipe? What a sucky instance.
    Motherlee likes this.
  4. Flavius22 Lorekeeper

Horrible mission. One of the most frustrating missions i've done in the past few years in EQ. I haven't done it in the past couple months but i remember the feeling of wanting to smash my monitors while doing it.
    Motherlee likes this.
  5. Dzarn Developer

Could you provide the names of the NPCs in the mission that were previously not runspeed immune but now are?
    Motherlee likes this.
  6. Muksil New Member

Generally a very unforgiving mission. Worst part is if you wipe at any point, you pretty much have to delete and start over. The mission is made very easy with an enchanter or bard. If you try it without, you're prolly gonna need a monk or similar and exploit the leash radius to split mobs in that final wave. Still not as hard as a couple CoTF missions I can think of :p
  7. Tadenea Augur

there was always about 2-3 mobs at the end that were not rootable, all those before captain wave were rootable, (I personally have not tried since patch)
  8. astroguy66 New Member

All three waves of mobs were previously snareable and mezzable and no one summoned, now perhaps only one per wave is. And for the final battle, previously only 2 weren't snareable but all of them (except the Captain) was mezzable. I've done this mission dozens of times so I'm not imagining things. Are these mobs being recruited from a different database now?
  9. madiaxe New Member

HA - a fateful arrival. The first stage of this saurek, raptors, dromors none are calmable and cannot be stunned. Ebonwings also cannot be stunned now and could before. Triceratops anylosauruses and tyranns cannot be calmed or stunned. All mobs seem much harder to mez now and some are quite impossible. Krom Giants also cannot be calmed or stunned.

Calmed and stunned is no change apart from the ebonwings which could before. But the mezzing issue is a pain as I could before especially the triceratops.
  10. teduke Journeyman

Burden of the Past.

EVERY dwarf in every wave is now unmezzable.
  11. Devildawg Elder

Seriously? That almost sounds undoable now without a punter or something. That... that's going to need to be fixed...
    Motherlee likes this.
  12. Kolani Augur

They're probably runspeed immune too.
  13. kizant Augur

I happen to like this quest so figured I'd check it out. I've done it 5 or 6 times before and I have to admit there's a lot more mez immune mobs than I'm used to.

NPC summary:
    'an angry attendee': everything works on these
    'a disgusted attendee': immune to everything (root, snare, stun, mez)
    'a dolorous attendee': can't be mezd but everything else works.
    'an attendee': only stun works

I could be wrong but I don't remember fighting 'an attendee' before. I always thought there were 2 of those remaining in the seats and they never attacked. Figured it made sense since they aren't angry.

I'm also pretty sure that the majority of mobs were 'an angry attendee' in the past. I only remember maybe 1/3 of the time not being able to stun. Which means I'm pretty sure 'a disgusted attendee' was seen before and I'm pretty sure I couldn't mez them either. So, even though they're immune to everything that might not have changed.

Is it possible that the frequency of what we have to fight changed and that's all? I'm not done yet, still got 2 more mobs on the 3rd wave so I'll see what else comes up.
  14. kizant Augur

I finished the mission and everything else was completely normal. The final set of mobs could all be mezd. Stun worked on all but two. Root worked on a few that I remembered to try.

My approach to Gurshock worked the same as always. Tash, stun, punt, blur and she was nicely stuck in the pit. Plus I'll mention I got almost all single pulls. Toward the end I got 3 by accident but mez worked fine so it wasn't an issue. For reference I duo wiz/enc.

If anything really changed I'd say 3 or 4 of the 'an angry attendee' might be spawning as 'an attendee' or some change like that. Which would make it significantly harder. Especially if you're relying on an ability that breaks when their immune to runspeed changes. Sometimes I'd pull with direct banishment but it's easiest for me to just blur/tash and I get one solo.
  15. teduke Journeyman

Kizant, thanks for the detail. At least in the instance that I got, literally none of the mobs in the first 2 waves mezzed at all. Did you find any of them summoning you as well?

Seems like the changes are a pretty significant nerf to the utility of chanters in groups.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So with the fade changes they ran a sweep on stuns, mez, roots, snares etc but what they neglected to tell us is they were making them all harder. DOH!

Guess they need to run another sweep and fix this because if the new expansion is going to be like this I am rethinking ordering it.
  17. madiaxe New Member

- Reviewed the majority of enemies in Call of the Forsaken and The Darkened Sea zones with regards to immunity to runspeed changes, mesmerization, stun, lull, charm, and fear, and removed or relaxed restrictions on most NPCs.

This clearly did not happen. So what exactly did you do dev's ?
    Hiladdar likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It seems remove or relaxed was increase or add... A minor detail. Maybe the notes on the settings for the mobs are wrong or backwards and it was all done accidentally? *shrugs*
    Hiladdar likes this.
  19. ShadowMan Augur

Good thing they fixed my DA that worked while zoning. God forbid it lasted 24 seconds instead of 18 to at least let me recover.

Why were the short versions of DA, harmshield, quivering veil of all nerfed in duration when it was the 30-2 minute duration versions that were being exploited? Please stop doing blanket fixes to everything of an ability when tactical changes to a select few are in order.
  20. kizant Augur

For being able to mez, I believe I only had 1 'an angry attendee' in the first two waves. Then 3 in the 3rd wave. I forgot to specifically check summoning but I know I was summoned once or twice. Maybe I can check that later today.