Tempest Temple "Clearer Skies" mission much harder now

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chordling, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Chordling New Member

The first time I did this was with a 102 bard and wizard and 2 mercs, tank and healer.
    It was quite difficult at the time, and I felt good when I got it done.
    I just ran another character though it and I can tell you, that I would never have gotten through it with the above team the way it is now since the tuning pass of all TDS mobs where you changed lots of mobs to be no longer mezzable or snareable or lullable.

All the things that are harder now about this mission:
    The dervishes and kedge in the centre of the island in tempest temple are no longer mezzable or snareable.
    Once you zone into the instance, none of the groups of 3 and 4 "a temple guard" that spawn are mezzable... they definitely used to be as the only way I could beat it was to mez 3 with my bard and burn them down 1 at a time with the wizard.
    My bard and wiz are geared and 105 and thousands more aa now so it was easy, I just ae slowed and burnt them down, but theres still an order of magnitude more difficulty than what it was.
    This is the very first group mission in TDS progression, and you risk discouraging people from progression with such an early roadblock.
    Hiladdar and Motherlee like this.
  2. Axxius Augur

More no-longer-mezzable mobs (Degmar, Dredge, now TT)?

The patch note doesn't say anything about any mobs gaining the immunities.

Is this an error? Is it going to be fixed?
  3. Chordling New Member

Pretty sure whoever got given the job of removing or relaxing restrictions did the opposite...
  4. Darkark Augur

See, you're just reading the patch note wrong. Basically, NPC immunities were restricted before the patch, they weren't allowed to be immune to everything, but, these restrictions have now been removed or relaxed ;)

At least, that's how somebody down at Daybreak HQ read their job sheet for the day :)
  5. Matari Augur

Lulz
  6. Duhbeast Augur

The time trial can be done molo, wtf are you talking about?
  7. Motherlee Augur

We don't want to hear about how you can molo them down with one paw tied behind your back. The majority of the players who are doing flagging at this time are what matters.

I know I will not be able to do it for anyone anymore if the guardians are not mezzable.
  8. Motherlee Augur

Any word on this whole backwards agro adjustment? It seems as if 'revisiting' meant +=less agro and -=more agro thing? Is this a bug or is it permanent? How irritated are we?
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I havn't done the mission since the change but likely will in the next day or three as I'm helping returning folks out.
    I can't see anything in the mission that would really make it any harder than it used to be (live players, not depending on mercs)
  10. Darkark Augur

If you've got a toon held up by this right now just send me a tell when I'm on next (should be tomorrow evening US time) and I'll give you a hand.
    Motherlee likes this.
  11. Motherlee Augur

As you know, I'm usually playing an enchanter to help people. I finesse, well, at least I used to.

So nobody else if bothered by all the mezzables being taken away? All right then...
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Hiladdar like this.
  12. Silv Augur

Tons of mobs in Thuli were flagged charm immune as well - or so I was told by another Enchanter. The added immunities really make no sense.
  13. Crystilla Augur

I bumped this thread up to Dzarn.
    Motherlee likes this.
  14. Hiladdar Augur

I can confirm that, since my main is a ranger, but I also have a magician, shaman, and enchanter, all level 105, with all AAs done.

Lots of mob immunities were added. According to the patch message, some immunities were suppose to be removed from some mobs in TDS and CoTF. What actually happened is that immunites were added to many mobs, and including some in expansions other then TDS and CoTF.

With my experience in the game, this is not even a speed bump for me.

But I do have serious concerns when something that worked well before, and was tuned is broken. I have even more serious concerns, when something is changed completely contrary to what was stated in the patch.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Honestly maybe we just misunderstood what they meant via grammar, like our good friend (may he rest in peace) Miguel Sanchez once explained to us at I can't believe it's a Law Firm!:

[IMG]

Clearly, two totally different meanings, like a Ron Burgandy read TelePrompter.
    moogs, Mayfaire, roguerunner and 3 others like this.
  16. teduke Journeyman

DB silence on the mezz resist issue has been deafening. To my knowledge they have made zero comments either acknowledging that the patch message was mis-worded or that they really screwed up and did the opposite of what they intended. How hard would that be to respond on the boards with one or two sentences?

Option A - when we said removed or relaxed what we meant was increase resists.

Option B - whoops we set a flag the wrong way.
    Mayfaire and Motherlee like this.
  17. Motherlee Augur

You know, it's easy to mistake a 1 for a 0. :confused:
  18. madiaxe New Member

Yep easy to set a 1 and a 0 the wrong way.

But to use totally the wrong words hmmm that would explain why they dont read our posts !!!
    I would guess the silence says it all.

DB please fix this next patch
    Motherlee likes this.
  19. Eriadoc Elder

20. Reval Augur

I'll never get how people brag about how others are having trouble, but they aren't. I've tried it in a sarcastic capacity, and I just didn't get that rush I used to get by actually doing harder content. The Brell's Temple group mission was probably my favorite. Due to that, I would say I am a strong advocate for zones where some mobs (considering mez, stun, and root), are only mezzable, some are only stunnable, and some are only rootable. I thought the flagging mission's design was brilliant. There are a few caveats though to my personal desires here..

-I think only later zones in progression, or missions that people may not *have* to do, but are there are the right place for this sort of thing.
    -I think that the zones should be hard enough to tank that you need to bring a puller. Otherwise you'd get people "moloing" them with ease and it would just be a zone where no one brings a puller class unless they also deal huge dps.
    -I hope that if this sort of thing happens, there is also easier content for people that like doing that.

If you're having trouble with this content, or other content, don't let people's bragging affect you. If you figure out a way to do it, I bet you'll be really happy that you did. I had the luxury of slowly learning things over years, and some of the older content had particular issues that I've resolved in maybe a unique way. I really like the thought that some other enchanter may solve it in a totally different way that is ~equally effective. Having a good attitude about it will always lead to the best results you can get. I know the OP had a bard, but i think with all pulling classes there are a few tricks that can be used that are interesting.
    Motherlee likes this.