The Revised SOE ALL ACCESS PROGRAM FAQ!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by SOE_Brasse, Jan 23, 2014.

1. isamudysan New Member

so....eqn will NOT be free, correct? any future expansion for a f2p, like eqn, will be p2p? so, when dave georgeson said that eqn will be FREE, it really isn't free at all per soe. eqn should be held out of soe's all access. it has no place for that. if eqn was b2p w/micro transactions (like gw2), then i wouldn't mind it at all; but, i'm worried that this "all-access" that eqn will/may fall under will make it a p2w (i.e., dragons prophet). something like this will destroy a good looking game before it even is released.
  2. Layla_Littlenymph New Member

Thanks Ashlanne, for that quick response to my last question.

I actually do not get part of what the post I quoted is asking, but it reminds me of a concern of my own.
    The initial announcement of All Access, made specific mention of EQN as being among "All" games included. Since that first announcement, I have seen conflicting statements from various employees of SOE that seem to indicate that it may well be otherwise.Yet, that first statement has not been changed in reference to EQN.

From the OP, by Brasse,
    "We will be upgrading all existing individual game memberships to the new All Access plan, which will include the top-tier membership level in all eligible SOE games (EverQuest, EverQuest II, DC Universe Online PC, PlanetSide 2 PC, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and the upcoming EverQuest Next and EQN Landmark) for one, low monthly rate of $14.99 (with extra savings for 3, 6 and 12 month plans)."

It is important I think that people be made aware of whether or not EQN will be included in All Access, prior to All Access going public. As it stands, many people are prepared to purchase All Access with the belief that it will include the upcoming EQN. I think that your customers need a clear idea on what exactly All Access does, or does not include prior to buying it.
  3. Izcurly New Member

It's not your lifetime. It's DCUO's lifetime, which is considerably shorter. Or at least I hope it is. You probably do too.
  4. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

Guys you are speculating on EQN. We haven't released much information on how monetization will work in EQ.

Yes we've said Free to play and that it will be in all access.
    The games that are in the all access plan are also free to play so there isn't any reason to get upset at this point.

I think it would be better to see what happens, and give feedback when that discussion starts in the roundtable.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

The price might vary based on currency conversion but other than that I don't think it will be different. This might be better answered by Customer Support (help.soe.com)
  6. isamudysan New Member

f2p, great to hear. however, what about extra content or expansions? will these be (part of the) free to play, as well? i'd rather know about these things well in advance so that i can plan accordingly, imho.
  7. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

New expansions and DLCs will have to be purchased. There are also Marketplace items you can buy. Free to Play players get access to older expansions. There will be information posted on the 16th will information on exactly what you will have acccess to.
  8. Victuswolf New Member

I want the original deal you offered us subscribers!

One item per game up to the cost of 2000SC each month.

The current deal of 500SC a month is worth far less then your original offer. Anyone playing more then one of your games has suddenly lost a great deal worth thousands of SC each month because of people who only play one game and only buy cheap items on sale.

We am now going to lose out on a extra 2000 SC item per game per month over this change. 500 SC to spread across a few games isn't anywhere near as good a offer as 2000 sc item per game.
  9. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

I'm sorry but this offer isn't available. The decision was made to go in another direction based on feedback from the community.
  10. Reaper New Member

Here we are, April 2nd.... how long till these changes go live?
  11. Reaper New Member

This troubles me as well. The Current system with silver makes more sense and shouldnt be messed with. If my friends subscribe to EQ they should have the same benefits when they unsubscribe as I currently have with all of my silver accounts. To take this away is Ludicrous unless the "Free" status is now just silver. If it were like bronze I would have to tell them they are ruining the games!
  12. Victuswolf New Member

What about another grade of subscription that provides a better offer then the current one going live?

Sort of like a "All Access Plan - VIP Subscription" It could cost more per month but you get more subscription benefits. Maybe a free item per game per month for logging in and 500 SC or other benefits.
  13. XenonCross New Member

Guessing someone didn't read that they are going live on OR around April 16th..
  14. Manc New Member

Ashlanne you seem to have answered my question I just put on the PS2 forums https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ll-access-plan-faq.169871/page-8#post-2633054.

However I was told by you that I could in fact play DCUO with my SOE account. Which is it? Am I getting a semi-All Access Pass for the same price as non-EU SOE paying subscribers? If so how is this remotely fair????

Manc
  15. Manc New Member

Sorry no edit button. I was told by Luperza on the Planetside 2 forum not your good self Ashlanne, sorry. My query does still stand though due to conflicting information.

Manc.
  16. Primus New Member

Is the SoE all access email based or handle? I need to know as I have multiple accounts under same email
  17. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

It's based on accounts with the same login. Nothing to do with your handle or email address.
    If you use the same login for example to access EQ and EQ2 when the all access changes go into effect you will get the membership benefits both games for just 14.99.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

That is not correct information. That part of the FAQ has not changed
    Q: I am an EU EverQuest II player grandfathered in under SOE. I started playing DC Universe Online (PC) or PlanetSide 2 (PC) with ProSiebenSat.1 Games. Now that I am grandfathered in under SOE All Access for EQII, can I transfer my DCUO or PS2 accounts over?
    A: Your DC Universe Online and PlanetSide 2 accounts will remain with ProSiebenSat.1 Games and will not be transferred over. You will not be able to start new characters in DCUO or PS2 on your SOE All Access account for these games.
  19. Darkforrest New Member

A lot of us on the planetside 1 forums (at least me anyway) are clueless on whats going on with planetside1 at the moment, could you fill us in if they plan to fix bugs and/or really how it is going on with the f2p transfer or does the "see no further development" part of it?
    also are you guys planning to advertise PS1's as a f2p in anyway since its sites gone and redirected into PS2's?
  20. isabear New Member

Been wanting to get gold for a while now for EQ2 - is it best just to wait til the all access thing is finalised or will my account be upgraded later this month if I were to buy gold now? As in - I won't lose out on anything or be charged extra for if I buy gold today.