The Revised SOE ALL ACCESS PROGRAM FAQ!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by SOE_Brasse, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Mostlee New Member

First of all, this isn't my first "official" post on SOE (I've been posting for years in the EQ1 forums, so I guess that counts for nothing). Anyhoo, on 1/29/14 I sent a heated message back to SOE lamenting the fact that there isn't clear wording about "legacy" players (those who have played for years and are enjoying discounted rates for what seams like infinity, or in my case, since 2012 when the servers went down for months). I only play EQ1 and I have 4 accounts, two of which are Gold, the other two are Silver. The reply was from TSR Brandon M (on 1/29/14) and the message that pertains to this issue was:

After the 2nd of April, there will no longer be Gold accounts. We will be providing All Access to customers at a rate of $14.99 from month to month (as opposed to $19.99) which will grant you the highest membership level for all of our games as opposed to just one so your account will automatically be upgraded to All Access. I'm sorry to say that I only know as much as you know in regards to keeping your rate, and that's what's in the link I provided earlier. I'm sure that more details will be coming as we get closer to that date, but I would highly suggest that you continue to pay for that membership if you want a chance at keeping it after. I understand that you are probably worried about being charged at a higher rate once the new system is implemented, but if that was the case, I'm sure you would get notified of a change in price at the next bill date. But if all goes according to our goal, you will simply be paying the same amount and have access to membership for all of our games. If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note: I made that one sentence bold because I don't believe that SOE is responsible for notifying me in advance since they already notified everyone about the change. I haven't played for days now because I sense that SOE has a "goal" that may not be kept, and I don't like being left hanging like this. A goal is great for employees, but not for customers. Please, stop the ifs, whens or buts. Make a decision so that I can make mine!
  2. Deadfolk New Member

What constitutes a 'grandfathered in' account?

I have subbed to various SOE games over the years, starting with EQ1 and only my DCUO account was ever migrated to PSS, however I don't currently have any active subs. Am I grandfathered in, and as such eligible for All Access?
  3. Elboweed New Member

The last EQ2 Gold Membership monthly bonus I received was 500SC on or about January 1, 2014. I am a new player and the Gold Membership I signed up for was guaranteed to come with a monthly bonus of 500SC and 3 Goblin Game Coupons. I am not at all pleased that for 2 months now I have not received the bonus that was advertised for becoming a Gold Member.

I can understand that Sony wishes to implement membership bonus features that will reward loyalty and attract new members, but it does not seem equitable that all existing bonuses that were advertised to attract players to reach into their wallets to pay for greater access to game content should be suspended until a new bonus program is implemented. Correct me if I am mistaken, but it does not appear to me as if I am currently receiving what was advertised when I signed up for a monthly recurring EQ2 Gold Membership.

Are all Everquest II Gold Membership monthly bonuses suspended until the new changes come into effect on April 2? What do Everquest II Gold Members receive presently for their dedicated monthly payments?
  4. Elboweed New Member

What do Gold Members get as a monthly bonus until the April 2nd changes are implemented?
  5. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

Elboweed, the monthly bonus is listed in the game's membership matrix: https://www.everquest2.com/free.
    The 500SC bonus applies to recurring (auto-renewing) accounts, and will continue as is until the new All Access program is implemented (now on or about April 16th).
    If you have a recurring membership and are NOT getting your bonus, please contact CS!! https://help.soe.com/
    ~Brasse
  6. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

Deadfolk, grandfathering only applies to active subscriptions. Once they lapse, the grandfather clause no longer applies.
    ~Brasse
  7. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

UPDATE TO THE ALL ACCESS FAQ:

To allow our technical teams more time to test the program and processes, the date for implementation of the new SOE All Access has been moved from April 2nd to April 16th, 2014. The FAQ has been updated accordingly!

~Brasse
  8. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

Hey there, Mostlee,
    The CSR probably couldn't give you a clear answer because there is no way of knowing in advance whether you will be adversely affected by this change or not. We are working hard to make sure all grandfathered rates are still honored, as we say in the FAQ:

Q: I am grandfathered in under a special legacy promotional program or locked-in rate and want to make sure I don’t lose my status! How do I find out how I am affected?

A: Our goal is to honor all special rates and programs for our players. Please contact Customer Service with any special concerns you may have! https://help.soe.com/

Drop me an email at lmcarlson@soe.sony.com and fill me in on the details of your special rate, including what the rate is, and I'll see if we can get some clarification on the matter in advance. We do not EXPECT any special rates to have issues, but there are a great many variables in data. Let me know.
    Once more, the revised rollout date for the new All Access plan is April 16th (the FAQ has been updated accordingly).
    ~Brasse
  9. GriffonLady New Member

Question. Anyone else "hear" a certain dwarven voice the whole time they were reading that? ^_~
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Iuwene New Member

I have currently an active EQ1 and an active EQ2 subscription with different cycle dates. How will that case be handled when both subscriptions get merged into one All-Access ?
  11. Arlem New Member

Perhaps, I am blind and or completely ********, but I cannot seem to find a single bit of relevance to my game here on this thread. So, it begs to ask the question.... WHY is it being posted on the official news and announcements in dragons prophet that you all are making changes and revisions to this all access plan which after my review of every post on this thread seems to not mention DP at all?

Is this a subtle way of telling me that you are going to drop our game like you are vanguard and the like? Or perhaps there are still issues with your contract with Runewaker which is impeding you all on being able to actually add our game to the all access membership hoopla as was earlier speculated upon?

Basically what I would like to know is:
    If this is still relevant to Dragon's Prophet what kinds of things are we looking at?
    If this is NOT relevant to Dragon's Prophet why is the thread still in existence on our side of the forums?

You COULD of course come back to say that due to it being advertising by SOE for SOE that it has every right to be placed in the news and announcement section even though it no longer holds relevance. Of course I would be then forced to say that the concept confirms a theory involving money grubbing greedy little.... *ahem*

Any kind of info or update regarding dragon's prophet and the AAP would be greatly appreciated if you feel so obliged.

EDIT:
    And yes, i understand that:
    However... I will be semi disheartened if that inclusion simply means your all access pass allows you 500 SC per month which can be redeemed in our cash shop...
  12. SlapNuts New Member

I am curious as well in regards to Dragon's prophet. I am debating on playing it but it seems way to limited for me to want to play it in this state. What will all access grant me with this game since there is no option for a sub that I can find. Also when will we be able to do this?

In regards to Vanguard. "*Members of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes will automatically be upgraded to the new SOE All Access program until the sunset of the game on July 31, 2014. Please read further down this FAQ for special considerations around this game." So since I own the game this makes me a member, how will this work? Does this give me All Access now because I do not seem to have that.

thx
  13. Drokk New Member

Question...can you claim the 500 in Landmark, or does it have to be a fully released game?
  14. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

I am about to update the FAQ today - Landmark won't be ready for All Access by April 16th, so it will be added later. That said, you can claim the 500SC in any eligible SOE game and it goes to your central wallet, to be spent wherever you like... including in the Landmark Marketplace.
    ;-)#
    • Like Like x 1
  15. sneakrat New Member

What about the double currency rates we receive in eq2, for being a gold member are those going to given to us as all access member since I don't see it listed in the faq
  16. kodi New Member

I see what you did there! /onod
  17. Pariel New Member

Brasse,

"We" (the European members) still haven't had an answer to the PSS question.

The FAQ clearly states:

Q: I am an EU player but I was grandfathered in as an SOE customer in EQII. Will I become an SOE All Access member automatically too? A: Those under an existing grandfather clause as SOE customers will remain with us, and will automatically become SOE All Access members under the new program.

Therefore as an existing EQ2 subscriber I will not have to move to PSS (Thank the Gods!) and I will "remain with SOE", as stated above

The FAQ also clearly states:

Q: How does the new All Access program differ from the old one?
    A: The price for SOE All Access will be reduced from $19.99 to $14.99 and will replace existing SOE game memberships, on or about April 16th, 2014, for the following games: DC Universe Online (PC), PlanetSide 2 (PC), EverQuest, and EverQuest II, as well as Vanguard: Saga of Heroes*. We have confirmed that Dragon’s Prophet will be included in the program as well, and are working closely with Runewaker to determine additional benefits. Finally, the new plan will also expand to include our upcoming titles, EverQuest Next and EQN Landmark!
    How does it work? As an example, if you are a gold member in EverQuest II, you’ll soon be upgraded to SOE All Access with full member entitlements in ALL eligible SOE games! You don’t need to lift a finger – it will all be done automatically.
    You will be able to log in to claim a monthly grant of 500 SC (one grant per account), and will receive 10% off ALL Marketplace purchases. Some exclusions will apply, including Station Cash top-ups, Krono and membership purchases. SOE All Access members will also be eligible for exclusive promotions and offers throughout the year.

Taking all that into account, as an existing EQ2 Gold subscriber, grandfathered under SOE, the FAQ tells me I will never ever have to create a PSS account to play Everquest Next as I am "SOE customers will remain with us" and "As an example, if you are a gold member in EverQuest II, you’ll soon be upgraded to SOE All Access with full member entitlements in ALL eligible SOE games! "

Please don't renege on your months old FAQ that has given many EU players great joy in the fact we won't have to create accounts with your 2-bit partner.
  18. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

We actually specifically answered this one in today's FAQ update! All of the new or revised info is called out in this blue in our FAQ. =)

Q: I have multiple game memberships on a single account. How will I be integrated into All Access?
    A: For players with multiple memberships in qualifying All Access games (e.g. EverQuest AND EverQuest II) on a single account, we will compute the remainder of paid time across all qualifying games and migrate this time to a single, equivalent, recurring All Access Membership. Once the Memberships are merged, the recurrence duration (1, 3, 6 or 12 months) and rate will be based on the oldest membership on your account. For your convenience, your account cycle will be clearly visible on the Account Management page at https://www.soe.com. Further questions about accounts and billing may be directed to SOE Customer Service, at https://help.soe.com.
  19. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

We can obviously say that EQN Landmark is free for all to sign up with SOE, as we are (at least as of this writing) the sole publishers of this game, regardless of region.
    No decisions whatsoever have been made regarding EQ Next though, as that game is just too far off from launch to get into distribution planning right now. =)

~Brasse
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

As listed somewhere or other... oh, here it is...

Q: Hey, will I get to keep all of the existing Gold / Legendary / Premium benefits in my game?
    A: The current top tier memberships in participating games will upgrade to the All Access Membership with the same in-game benefits you enjoy now, PLUS access to all other eligible SOE games and exclusive member-only sales and offers throughout the year. Check out the matrix for your game here for a current listing of your in-game membership benefits, which will carry over to the SOE All Access program:
    DC Universe Online Membership Benefits
    PlanetSide2 Membership Benefits
    EverQuest Membership Benefits
    EverQuest II Membership Benefits

Hopefully that will answer your question!
    ~Brasse
    • Like Like x 1