The Revised SOE ALL ACCESS PROGRAM FAQ!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by SOE_Brasse, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Kilzadi New Member

I'm already getting a 33% discount on a 3 month recurring membership through a promotion that was run a few years ago to get people to upgrade to all access. When these changes go into effect, am I going to loose my special rate?
  2. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

This FAQ entry addresses your concern.

Q: I am grandfathered in under a special legacy promotional program or locked-in rate and want to make sure I don’t lose my status! How do I find out how I am affected?
    A: Our goal is to honor all special rates and programs for our players. Please contact Customer Service with any special concerns you may have! https://help.soe.com/
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

No need to wait, you won't be charged extra and your account will automatically convert over when the program starts.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Victuswolf New Member

Is this still going live on the 16th? I hope sooner as i can't wait :p
  5. MolleaFauss New Member

Oh, Finally! A definitive answer!
    Might I say "I am not surprised"? There were too many parties that had to agree, and SOE would have cut Pro7 revenues, I was really sure that this could not have happened.
    I am quite annoyed at how we EU customers have been shooed out of the door when the whole Pro7 thing started up.
    I am a DCUO player and I'm extremely dissatisfied by Pro7. I still cannot figure out even why all this started, even from a business point of view.
    We're playing on SOE servers, we use SOE devs (and not Pro7's) who have to deliver two different clients and launchers, we're basically ignoring Pro7 forums as all the action and the dev interaction happens on the SOE forum, and due to the timezone differences we read announcement on game launcher a day or two after they are already on SOE forum.
    It's nothing that could not have sorted out with a decent partnership with a EU money collector and a EU customer service (to tacke with the different languages) and SOE would have kept its customer happy under one global management.

We actually gained nothing from Pro7, we don't get the offers US customers get, in fact Pro7 does very few promotions; or we may get marketplace promotion without the relative SC ones. Pro7 does even a poor job of interacting with its customer base (especially because most people ignore their forums and they don't have a constant presence on the official ones), it seems that SOE is only getting a slice of its revenue picked by a money collector (that may sort the issues for SOE with EU or most probably German tax office) but is barring EU customers from all the benefit non-EU customers get.

The "marketing phrase" that has been for month on this FAQ ("Pro7 is happy to think of a scheme for its European customer") has actually been a fake phrase hiding probably month of shouting between the marketing offices. I understand both parties, but as a customer of both SOE and Pro7 I am not happy.

We may be in a global world but we get fences higher than before.

I know well I can't change things, contracts have a timeframe and until the contract expire we have to cope with things as they are. I can only express, respectfully but vocally, my total disappointment on all this affaire.
  6. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

No the day has been changed to April 23rd
  7. frankie78227 New Member

How much will the 3, 6, and 12 month recurring memberships cost when all access begins? There are now timers beside these memberships in the SC store. The FAQ states there will be discounts, but are the prices staying the same? There seems to be no information on the actual pricing except for 14.99 per month.
  8. Victuswolf New Member

No! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

:/

In that case what happens if i have 2 different soe game subs when this goes live? A one year sub to planetside 2 that i got last month and a dc online sub thats due to run out next month. Would that cause any glitches in your system?
  9. Avneet New Member

Will the new H1Z1 MMO come under the All Access Pass (since it's F2P)? Thanks.
  10. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

During the Livestream on Tuesday Smed alluded to this. We don't have confirmed info yet but when everything is firmed up we will add it to the FAQ and All-Access site.
    --

No this should not cause any issue. The time should be calculated up and put towards your account under the new All-Access plan.

--

We don't have that information available yet but we are it is important to you.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Pariel New Member

Hello,

With the all new FAQ updates please can a redname once again ignore this multiple times asked question or give a generic vague answer that doesn't answer the question itself yet alludes to the "hush EU folk" since apparently in the wonderful world of SOE us "EU" folk don't really matter. /rant off

As an existing EQ2 gold member from the EU the FAQ states:

Q: I am an EU player but I was grandfathered in as an SOE customer in EQII. Will I become an SOE All Access member automatically too? A: Those under an existing grandfather clause as SOE customers will remain with us, and will automatically become SOE All Access members under the new program

Check - that's me. I am a grandfathered EQ2 play who lives in the EU so I won't have to go ANYWHERE near the ProSieban muppets.

Then we have the following FAQ:

Q: How does the new All Access program differ from the old one?
    A: The price for SOE All Access will be reduced from $19.99 to $14.99 and will replace existing SOE game memberships, on or about April 23rd, 2014, for the following games: DC Universe Online (PC), PlanetSide 2 (PC), EverQuest, and EverQuest II, as well as Vanguard: Saga of Heroes*. We have confirmed that Dragon’s Prophet will be included in the program as well, and are working closely with Runewaker to determine additional benefits. Finally, the new plan will also expand to include our upcoming titles, EverQuest Next and Landmark!
    How does it work? As an example, if you are a gold member in EverQuest II, you’ll soon be upgraded to SOE All Access with full member entitlements in ALL eligible SOE games! You don’t need to lift a finger – it will all be done automatically.
    You will be able to log in to claim a monthly grant of 500 SC (one grant per account), and will receive 10% off most Marketplace purchases. Some exclusions will apply, including Station Cash top-ups, Krono and membership purchases. SOE All Access members will also be eligible for exclusive promotions and offers throughout the year.

So, once again, can I assume that since I am a grandfathered EU account holder and I am "remaining with SOE" that my All Access Account will allow me to play EQN via SOE.

Specifically since it has also been announced that:

Q: I’m a customer of ProSiebenSat.1 Games. How will this affect me?
    A: ProSiebenSat.1 Games is not offering an equivalent to the All Access program at this time. PSG will continue to grant 500SC per month (with no action required on your part) and a 10% discount on Marketplace items (excluding certain items such as DLC, memberships, Krono or SC top-ups).

Can I realistically assume that since I meet the first criteria that I will be able to play Everquest Next with my existing EQ2 account even though I am in the EU

I mean, seriously, you aren't going to expect an EU citizen to pay $14.99 for an All Access account, then pay a further sub to play Everquest Next while a non-EU citizen gets everything for $14.99? That wouldn't be fair right? You wouldn't discriminate against a customer based on where they live would you SOE?
  12. Rightclick New Member

Hello,
    I signed up for the forums to ask this question:

I am a recurring gold member for EQ2. If I decide to try out and play any of the other games as mentioned in this thread after April 23 when all access hits, will I be required to purchase the games and/or expansions to truly enjoy ALL? Let's say I want to try out EQNext when it goes live, how much will the game itself cost? I'm sure that and the other games are not included in all this, right? The "all access" is just for the subscriptions or ?
    Thank you for the assistance.
  13. Darkforrest New Member

would like to know a little more besides whats on the FAQ thank you since we have had next to no info about it. :)
  14. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

We've clarified questions about EU players internally. At this point, while Landmark is definitely included in the new All-Access plan, no decisions have yet been made regarding memberships in EverQuest Next, as that game is still a ways off in the future. We will keep you posted as soon as new information becomes available
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

Rightclick,
    All SOE games are free to play. Expansion and DLC purchases are optional. So if you are already a member you are welcome to try and of our games. You will be given membership status there as well.

I've answered the PlanetSide question a few times. No updates will come to the game just as the FAQ states. The game is going Free to Play so that anyone can play, but this is the only thing that is happening.
  16. lordvegeta New Member

Will Planetside 1 be released on Steam?
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

This is not in the plans at this time.
  18. leavwiz Member

is "on or around" the 23rd the same as "soon" tm
  19. glormin Member

>>Claim 500 Station Cash monthly from within the game marketplaces.<<

What day can you claim this every month? 1st? or everyone different?
  20. Rightclick New Member

Thank you for the clarification.