The Revised SOE ALL ACCESS PROGRAM FAQ!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by SOE_Brasse, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Gunslinger New Member

Hi

I live in Norway and have always used the US pages when creating accounts and so on (Most of them lost somewhere) (BTW: Norway is not part of EU, just in Europe). Can I open up this all access on the US and live happy ever after? Or do I need to wait for some international parter to come up with something? (I guess I can just try. :p )

(Sorry if this is already answered, but it did not seem like that)
  2. Guilliaume New Member

Hello SoE,

I just wanted to clarify the all access deal you guys are setting up. Will all accounts be linked via e-mails or the handles used for each game account. I ask because I have a lot of SoE games under my address just some with different handles
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Alekzandre New Member

I called CS earlier today regarding some questions on membership. During this call the CS Rep I talked too kept stating that I could roll all my accounts together, but I am confused by what he was meaning, and never got a clear answer.

Reading this thread has brought up a question regarding my accounts.

I have 4 accounts, all with different email addresses associated with them, if that is pertinent.

- account 1 is SOE All Access with full veteran rewards, waiting 12 month recurring.
    - account 2 is SOE All Access with 14 years veteran rewards (1 less than max), waiting 12 month recurring.
    - account 3 is Everquest Gold, 2 years of veteran rewards, paid 12 month recurring, no subscription
    currently waiting
    - 1 account is FTP.

Will accounts 1, 2, and 3 be separate SOE All Access accounts after the change, with each of the 3 accounts receiving $500.00 SC a month (if claimed), 1500 SC cumulative of the 3. Will accounts 1, 2, and 3 be rolled into a master SOE All Access account, that gives only 500.00 SC for that new master account?

Again, I was left with the impression, after talking to CS, that the accounts may be, or could be merged.

Just looking for some clarification on that please.

Thanks, I appreciate that you are keeping us informed.
  4. Pariel New Member

Thanks Brasse
  5. Foradlen New Member

Scanned through and saw many a mention to additional discounts for 3, 6, 12 month recurring plans, but no numbers: any idea of a real rate, yet?
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare New Member

Just curious, is there a reason for the Silver level accounts being sunset in EQ and EQII? And will any of the Silver level benefits be given to F2P level accounts since you are removing the option to upgrade to that?

Regarding the second question, I am thinking mainly of the restrictions on the AA cap, using higher tier apprentice mercs, and using chat channels. Those three things are the main reasons that a person would go to silver from F2P; and those three things are the bare minimum to being able to participate at any reasonable level in the game at 85+. Though if these things (and the other Silver level membership features) were added as unlockers for sale in the marketplace then things would be tolerable.

Foradlen, I am just guessing; however since the monthly price is going to be 14.99 (which is what most of those games currently are for a single sub, the 3, 6, and 12 month prices will similarly be the same prices as the current single game prices for 3, 6, and 12 month subs.
  7. Brooke Emeraldflame New Member

Does this also apply to the game Free Realms, if you had a Lifetime Membership before everyone was made a member?
  8. Syllogy Community Council

This is the list of eligable games:

9. Yara_AB New Member

Hi there!
    There was a question brought up I think that needs some clarification.

It is about the passage dealing with current silver memberships.
    Now that you are stop selling silver-memberships (e.g. for EQ) existing silver-members will be grandfathered in. Should they go gold and then stop paying they will drop back to silver.

So far everything is clearly written.

The question that was brought up is this:
    If a FREE player (after the change to AllAccess and silver no longer being an option) upgrades to Gold and then the sub is cancelled - will this account then drop to Silver or to Free?

The current FAQ could be interpreted both ways.

While it won't apply to me - there are others who are very interested in this.
  10. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

Gold will be gone with this new system and like you said silver will not be an option either.

If a Free Player upgrades to All-Access and then cancels they will return to free status.

If they have the same Station Name (this is separate from your handle) they will be linked up. If you use a different Login Name and password for each game then they will not be linked up they are completely different accounts. There is a process that can link them. Info about that is found here. http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29590

This is pretty specific: I would submit a Ticket with Customer Support at help.soe.com so that they can look at the specifics of your account.

Free Realms is not included in this.
  11. Finora New Member

So, is the Free status going to be the same as the Bronze is now? Because that makes "free" membership a glorified trial account. Bronze memberships in both EQ2 and EQ1 are extremely restrictive (especially in EQ1). In Eq2 you could theoretically function, though it's a pain with the chat restrictions and broker restriction, I don't see how anyone could actually effectively play EQ1 with a bronze account in the higher levels.

A change like that really makes EQ/EQ2 subscription games with an unlimited trial option. Not really flowing with the 'free to play your way" slogan of SOE these days.

This isn't a selfish thing for me. All my EQ accounts are silver currently as I haven't been playing them much the past year or so and all my EQ2 accounts are either silver or gold. I won't likely be making anymore, but having a $15 a month commitment to actually be able to effectively play a game (especially ones as old as EQ & EQ2) really does make it hard to get anyone new, especially new to MMOs in general interested in playing, when the only other option is so restrictive.
  12. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

I haven't seen mention of the Free to play matrix changing but we have been collecting feedback in that regard.
  13. Rancar New Member

What's the incentive for eliminating Silver? All of my accounts are already Silver or Gold, so this won't really effect me, but I am curious at the motivation for eliminating the Silver tier.
  14. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

I think they may have been referenced in Smed's AMAA a few months back. But in short to make it easier to understand, you have a membership or you do not. There aren't a bunch of different types of plans for each game. There is only one.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rancar New Member

With DCUO lifetime members getting lifetime Gold, would you consider selling a lifetime subscription to those of us that didn't get in on the DCUO deal?

Personally, I would pay $200 an account for lifetime gold status.
  16. Yinnie Community Council

This is completely confusing me.

As a Euro SOE customer grandfathered into EQ & EQ2 never played the other SOE games and never had a PSS account, exactly what games will I have access to under the new All Access plan?
  17. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

You are missing this part of the FAQ:
    Q: I am an EU EverQuest II player grandfathered in under SOE. I started playing DC Universe Online (PC) or PlanetSide 2 (PC) with ProSiebenSat.1 Games. Now that I am grandfathered in under SOE All Access for EQII, can I transfer my DCUO or PS2 accounts over?
    A: Your DC Universe Online and PlanetSide 2 accounts will remain with ProSiebenSat.1 Games and will not be transferred over. You will not be able to start new characters in DCUO or PS2 on your SOE All Access account for these games.

So even though you haven't played those 2 games you will not have access to them under All-Access with SOE.
  18. Layla_Littlenymph New Member

I seem to have missed the part about silver memberships going away.
    With all the talk about that on this page alone, I am still left wondering about one issue.
    Will the current features of an existing silver account change in any way?
  19. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

This should cover your question. No changes unless you make changes to the account that is currently flagged as silver.

Q: I am a Silver member in EQ or EQII. What happens to my membership?
    A: When SOE All Access goes live, we will no longer sell Silver memberships in EQ or EQII. Existing Silver memberships will be grandfathered in under the new program, and can still upgrade to SOE All Access at any time. If you subsequently discontinue All Access, you will revert to the privileges granted by the Silver membership
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Yinnie Community Council

Thank you Ashlanne, it was unclear as I have never had and never will have a ProSiebenSat account.

As the Euros are not really getting All Access, just EQ & or EQ2 will their subscription price be cheaper?