ZOE Is still a problem.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Ned, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Russell

Fixed. TY
  2. Undeadfred

Umm no.
    Go read Game Update 11.
    You take 30% extra damage, you deal 30% extra direct damage, and deal 15% extra splash damage.
  3. vanu123

Link it. Also which level are you talking about.
    • Up x 1
  4. The King

I don't use it because... it cost too many certs. And the default guns suck.Maybe if I get the 2 AI arms that is 250 certs, like the Cosmos. Then I'd actually use it. I see many MAXes, they are with the default and the pounder. I guess it's not too much, but for me as of right now, it's too much. What I see is a bunch of newbies not having a good MAX and since they sucked at it using the default, they aren't certing into it.. At least the Quasar and Comet was a good combo, not that great, but way better than the TR's...
    I see a lot less ZOE MAX than just regular VS MAX... since many of them are learning or have already learned that keeping it on is a death sentence.. The ones lone wolfing it up, they're the easiest targets. The ones in a group behind a room, they're the hardest. The lockdown can be used the same. Yes, some heavy can stick their head in there and shoot at you. but, not likely... It's like trying to be that one guy rocketing some ZOE MAX in the room. You're pretty much going to die very quickly(instantly) by peeking.

I know the TR MAX are effective, just that, they are not used as much. Probably because the team I am playing on are underpopulated. And when they are almost even, they are mostly new players with low amount of certs.
  5. Undeadfred

6. Undeadfred

They're really not effective. not nearly as effective as the ZOE max. Maxes in general use to be kinda niche bc they lacked the mobility to effectively move around the battlefield, it's why they were almost exclusively used in biolabs, and max crashes.

It's why ZOE is so good. The extra damage is nice, but not nearly as useful as being awarded the mobility to progress with the flow of the fight, and peruse the enemy, as well as moving out of compromised positions.
  7. vanu123

8. Undeadfred

Every on use ability in this game that isnt at max lvl is horrible.
  9. vanu123

But they dont take 30% more damage.
  10. Undeadfred

They also don't give x% more mobility for an indefinite amount of time with no CD and allow you to turn it on and off at will.
  11. vanu123

The mobility isnt as much as it should be you are still a HUGE target that still moves slower than an infantry player.
  12. Undeadfred

Actually you move faster, and all abilities have to be balanced around the last tier. You spend 2-3 days lvling it up but you spend the rest of your play time with access to the last tier.
  13. GlyphZero

as a fun point of reference i'm going to pull what a few NC did with the scat/hack max after OB closed and run a vs zoe max as exclusively as i can on my VS alt. my last actual run on it is https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428055175458038657/killboard i don't consider myself that good but i've never even come to that close on one life in any other max. it does need a nerf of some sort but i've got no ideas on just what.
  14. Messaiga

Well at this point ZOE could not be nerfed much further, the Aegis Shield and Lockdown are just horrible however. You may think you are protecting your teammates when you have the Shield up, but any smart person will just shoot at the infantry surrounding you. As for Lockdown, you cannot use it out in the open (Lancer/Phoenix Bait) and if you use it inside you are very vulnerable to C4 or any type of flanking unless your teammates are protecting every single possible entrance into the building. I have a thread about possibly buffing the Lockdown and Aegis Shield in my sig, I suggest some of you check it out.
    • Up x 1
  15. Xizwhoa

Man, Undeadfred is pooping on your illogical, and obvious bias towards your faction specific max ability. I like to hear about how hiding in a corner and using c4 is the way to kill a ZOE max. That logic right there... Oh man I must be doing it wrong. I also love the made up damage modifiers you guys tried using as well. Facts are out gents. The ability is op. Stop being so stupid, the game balance is awful, it's why people have/are left/leaving in droves. If you were TR, life was good in the beginning. It's terrible how much better the game was at first when it came to balance. Truly all was needed was a slight buff to VS max suits, not this bs. Everything that has been changed has been tailored to ruining this game. I came back after months waiting for LATTICE. What I came back to is a game going backwards.

Maybe SOE didn't make as much off it as they'd wished so they'd hoped and now they are just pooing on this game in hopes of people leaving. Up next will be VS nerfs because it will just be one sided after everyone quits but the "promised faction". But hey, it's cool, you think it's not op, yet tons of people are playing as a ZOE max on a scale that has never been seen before in max suit use. Keep telling yourself that all is fair, and balanced. I'm the tooth fairy. Believe me, because I am VS, in a ZOE max...

I approve this message
  16. Messaiga

Well, the reason we see a ton of ZOE VS Max's is because the NC and TR Max abilities are somewhat UP. ZOE is pretty ok right now, nerf it harder and it will become useless just like the others and the Max will become a completely un-fun class to play. It is always those people that say "NURF HARDER" even when it has already been nerfed enough that ruin things.
    • Up x 1
  17. Xizwhoa

You should not ever have an ability that is known to be the best and not let the other factions have something of the equivalent... That's terrible game design. ZOE is the single best max ability in the game, hands down, without question. Nerf it, or redesign the other faction maxes to have something of that stature. Buffing lockdown won't do a damned thing, it's a terrible ability... You can have your cake, but stop getting defensive, and acting a fool just because others want a slice.
  18. Xizwhoa

Also, lol, you see a ton of ZOE maxes, I wonder why... I saw a ton of maxes last night, and every one of them were rocking ZOE like no ones business.

Also, who was that idiot that said he could judge how a ZOE max moves like a tank or lib... LOL are you ********? I liked how you didn't say like an esf. Esf movement is more like a ZOE, it's pinpoint, not sluggish, nor is it predictable. It's also less predictable than charge because of two reasons. You either charge to get to the enemy, or away. You are moving direct lines, there is no comparison. I don't think you understand mechanics, at all. I urge you to learn some before talking that garbage, thank you.

I approve this message...
    • Up x 1
  19. Cryptek

I'll gladly disagree on it being the best.

You say ZOE isn't situational? I tell you it is, however unlike lockdown/shield it isn't a mobility/firepower disadvantage, no..

It's the fact that ZOE is very powerful in small skirmishes but near useless/suicide in a large battle.

My most played class is my VS MAX and I prefer using charge over ZOE on my AI MAX, because in larger fights you need the full survivability of Kinetic 5 and charge to stand a chance of survival against rooms full of full auto weapons pointed at you.

Meanwhile the situations where ZOE makes you better (1v1, 1v2 or 1v3) You can still win that without ZOE. Meanwhile as soon as you get to fighting 8+ people, ZOE is a death sentence.

This is all especially true since they they Added momentum (which was the right choice), this means any decent player who's encountered a ZOE before will know how to compensate for the movement, since you're either going in predictable circles to keep up your speed or you'll end up slowing yourself down to change direction.

Locked down Fracture MAXes are scary no matter the size of the battle (not OP mind you, but scary) a ZOE MAX is scary if you're in a skirmish. They are laughable if you're in an actual battle.

ZOE is Situational in the form that it is only worth using in small skirmishes, becoming Suicide mode once you're in a big fight.
  20. Nazek

red onez go fasta