ZOE is balanced, TR/NC finally scared of VS MAXes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InMedeasRage, May 26, 2013.

1. bNy_

Wouldn't go so far and call it imbalanced tbh. It's a great ability and it's about time Vanu get one that stands out.

Before this update, few people actually picked MAXs over at Vanu unless it was to defend against vehicles (or sometimes vs infantry in like bio labs).
    The main reason why I think so many fear vanu max now isn't because it's that imbalanced per se, it's more because every single vanu player spawn max because it's more viable and also new, which usually makes people want to try it out more than they normally would if it had been out for a while.

Imo I think it all could be solved by simply increasing the resource cost to spawn MAXs and the cooldown timer.
  2. Torok

ahah you know.. that max doesn't even bother to get a proper line of sight before shooting (i hope it's not you), nor that engi was facing the max when he first started shooting, he was already running to his heart content for the hills, derp video but useful anyway, now i know i just have to run once i hear one
  3. Machine Spirit

the same when we see an NC max.
  4. TeknoBug

Counter VS MAX by MAX crash zerging, gotcha.
  5. CptFirelord

A similar argument could be made concerning Lockdown. NC/VS are finally afraid of something the TR have and don't laugh at our weak bullet hoses.
  6. Dragonblood

You mean that immobile thing that doesn't even survive the first encounter with an experienced Heavy assault?
  7. CptFirelord

Was referring mainly to the AA aspect, other than that it's ****, arguably worse than the current bleedthrough effect of the Aegis for the NC.
  8. Dragonblood

yeah, when they decide to nerf their AA capabilities, I really hope improve their usability in CQC fights.
  9. Biytor

VS gets 3 bonuses
    a.) rate of fire increase.
    b.) movement speed bonus.
    c.) turning speed.

1 negative
    a.) increased incoming damage.

TR get 1 bonus
    a.) rate of fire increase .

2 negatives
    a.) mobility is nil in lock-down.
    b.) turning is a limited arc in lock-down.

NC get 1 bonus
    a.) increased durability .

2 negatives
    a.) no firing when deployed .
    b.) no reload when deployed.

Looks to me as if the deck is stacked in the favor of the VS. ZOE has too many bonuses for it to survive in it's current state. It needs to change to increased speed or jumpjets for the MAX. Not the current damage and speed increase.
  10. Vanon

11. C0L0NELH0GAN

Nope, I said that prior GU08 there were a 50/50 chance to face a MAX ALONE and survive! After GU08 it is gone aprox. down to 5% facing a MAX (not only VS) facing a MAX ALONE!
    Team attacked MAX - even ZOE, not Ageis - won't survive and Infantry got their win! Ageis, is best defensible use ingame. with a proper teamed engi its almost immortal...

Nope, I mean StockMAX - which every BR1 newby can claim with 100 Resources! And in conlusion running along solo in a ZOE MAX face you die! Running along solo into any MAX face you die 2 shots later or in case of ScattMAX 4 shot earlier then ZOE MAX

Maybe I wasn't exact enought in this formulation - what I wanna clear out is, that most fights are in close to medium range. Lets say, you are 50m away (the 250m you pointed out are for longrange snipers, not for normal infantry engagements) from a ZOE MAX and you fire this 500 m/s bullet it hit me in a 1/10 of a second after pulling your trigger! the average human has a reaction time of 215 milliseconds, means 2/10 seconds (http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/stats.php)

Its really theoretical but, this means you get 2hits before a ZOE MAX begins to strafe and after your 2/10 reaction time when seeing the ZOE MAX begins to strafe you adjust your aim and get more hits! Is the MAX faster in strafing then you can aim, ther is a sensitivity bar in the settings of PS2 where you can adjust this issue. Can you follow me?

I know, all theroy but what I point out is, that there were rumors, that a ZOE can strafe that fast that NO BULLET will hit them

Take any other weapon system and you get differences in their advantage/disadvantage sum up...
  12. nitram1000

NO. Not everyone ran with flares, I used to love flying scout radar on my ESF and Afterburner on my Liberator, now I have literally NO choice but to run flares if I am fighting TR.
  13. Vanon

Let me fill in the numbers for ya.
    a.) rate of fire increase. 20%
    b.) movement speed bonus. 100%? (Seems double and equal to infantry)
    c.) turning speed. 100%? (seems double and equal to infantry)
    d.) Damage Increase 20%

1 negative
    a.) increased incoming damage. 5% more damage (20% is calculated after resists and armor)

TR get 1 bonus
    a.) rate of fire increase . 40% (about a 33% damage increase if you factor in reload timers)

2 negatives
    a.) mobility is nil in lock-down. -100% movement
    b.) turning is a limited arc in lock-down. -50% turning ability

NC get 1 bonus
    a.) increased durability . 10k~ damage from the front only (It does not factor in resists and is about 500% buff to front armor, which is 25% effective or 2500 effective HP when shield is up, which is a 125% buff)

2 negatives
    a.) no firing when deployed . -100% damage
    b.) no reload when deployed. -100% reload (If you did not hit R before Deploying shield)
    c.) Decreased movement speed -50% (when shield is deployed, no sprint, add another -25% when crouching to avoid explosions)

So a VS gets 240% worth of increase and -5% negative (235% buff)

TR gets 33% increase and -150% negative (-117% which is a debuff)

NC gets 125% increase to survivability and -250% in debuffs (-125% which is a debuff)

Note: These are not weighted, as differnt situations means differnt numbers are more or less effective. If we where to weight these by given scenerio's the ZOE max would drasticly benifit the most, as there are almost no situations where there buffs, including their debuff, would not be prefered. There are plenty situations where you would not want the trade off's for Aegis or Lockdown. (For instance AA Max with aegis, or charging a point with lockdown). The best you can argue here is that the 100% reload for aegis can be negated by hitting R then deploying the shield. If you want to do that, you can calculate that as being 25% effective due to it not always working, and the player not always remembering or being able to do that (using the shield in reflex).
  14. Xasapis

As far as I'm aware, zoe has no effect on weapons other than damage. No rate of fire, accuracy or anything else. The damage boost btw seems weapon dependent instead of a flat value, something that is also shared by TR's lockdown.

(PS: Your attempt to use percentages is hilarious)
  15. Vanon

Sure if you don't take into account..... Range, Armor, Resist type, Rate of Fire, Damage, Spread, Pellets, Movement, or really anything that matters. Sure, a level 1 nub can spend 100 resoruces to shoot an enemy twice that stands directly infront of him. Of of course a ZoE can do the same with an extra 1 second of TTK at 150 meters. And the ZoE can dodge. And the ZoE doesn't have to reload every 6 shots. And the ZoE can get into distance faster. I can go on.

Stop making arguements taking the best situation for NC MAX's and TR MAX's and the worst situation for your MAX and claiming that because they behave similarly they are equal. If anything that proves the imbalance.
  16. Vanon

Your attempt to use your feelings of how your empire specific MAX is not overpowered despite evidence to the contrary is halarious. Because your feeling is fact. I bet your the best player in BF3/MW2/PS2 as well, despite lack of anything except that you feel your the best (Lag, enemys being op, hackers are all that stand in the way of you being number 1!!!!!!111)
  17. Xasapis

Not sure how my feelings towards zoe gives the ability something that does not have. You mentioned rate of fire. Some other people mentioned accuracy. The only thing zoe gets as far as weapons enhancement, is damage. Period.
  18. Vanon

I thought they did testing on it and found the RoF increased when they where testing the TTK stuff from the ZoE. If i'm wrong, feel free to take out that 20%. It doesn't change the fact that the ZoE max is getting a ton of HUGE advantages for little to no disadvantage, where NC/TR have huge trade offs to even use their ability. Case and point, when have you ever seen someone turn ZoE off in a fight?
  19. FendleyFire

Wait, what? Are you saying they can't toggle ZOE after a concussion hits them? I'm not going to download the test client to test that...
  20. Ripster

For the 2 seconds after they see someone throw c4 down. Of course it has no cd so as soon as it blows up they turn it back on.

But seriously, needing to start a thread just to defend the ZOE just emphasizes how OP it is. When 1 out of 3 people on the VS is in a max suit, something is wrong.

It needs a timer and a CD or a speed nerf.

Trying to compare this to the NC max is foolish. You're scared of an NC max out to what, 15 meters? You're scared of a VS max out to what, render distance?