ZOE is balanced, TR/NC finally scared of VS MAXes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InMedeasRage, May 26, 2013.

1. xXSmokeXx

Not at all. I just don't want to see a game reduce itself to MAXside2. They did the same kind of mistakes with the BFR in PS1. A unit that is so good, why would you play anything else? MAX units must be kept in their niche role as specialized tools with clear and definitive weaknesses, and MUST be kept far away from infantry, performance wise. Which means a MAX unit should not even approach the line where it becomes better at a certain infantry role than the infantry class designed for that role. And ZOE not only approached that line, it went way past it.
  2. Torok

hurr you disable the Zoe once you're under the concussion grenade effect? and then you're like every other MAX. so it's a pointless argument
    oh my but not to mention you move so fast it's much harder to hit you with a concussion grenade but that doen't count i bet :p

this.
    you can avoid/oustmart/outplay an NC aegis max alone
    you can avoid/oustmart/outplay a TR lockdown max alone
    you cannot avoid a VS ZOE max alone, he'll catch up to you faster than the blink of an eye, you can't outsmart him, he's faster than your throwing/detonating c4 and has already killed you or simply avoided it, you can't outplay him, no way to dodge his bullets, break line of sight, distract him with a flashbang.

only way i can deal with a VS ZOE is with a concussion grenade? hell by the time i've thrown it he's out of the inner radius of effectiveness or he just disable the zoe and then he's like any other MAX, except he's probably touching my butt already. the movement speed is just too high, but i'll give you this, if they are to lower the movement speed they will have to reduce the armor reduction accordingly, it wouldn't be fair anyway else
    • Up x 1
  3. Patrician

There is a difference; you can take down HA, LA, Eng or Medic using small arms so their movement isn't an issue due to the bullets velocity. The ZOE Max on the other hand cannot be taken down with small arms and, therefore, much slower moving ordinance has to be used to kill them. The speed of the ZOE Max makes it incredibly difficult to hit with rockets, including a Phoenix, as they can just dodge to one side to avoid them, even grenades can be avoided fairly easily. None of the other factions Max's have this ability.
    • Up x 2
  4. GuraKKa

Welcome to the life of an ESF pilot!
    1 AA MAX = pain
    2 AA MAX = insta-death.
    They don't even need double bursters. Just 3+ bursters will kick your *** in less than 4secs.
    MAX abiliities could be toned down with bursters but, in reality, the best way to avoid death is to be aware of the map, where the MAXes are covering the areas, and avoid the.
  5. Patrician

Actually it's not, it's using the correct meaning of "one shot kill". Means what it says, not what you want it to mean; if it takes weapon A. two <insert ordinance here> to kill then it cannot be a "one shot kill" even if both <insert ordinance here> were fired at once, it's still cannot be a "one shot kill" by definition.
  6. Shockwave44

Uh, yeah it can.

You just described the ZOE ability. Why are you so surprised?

Are you saying it shouldn't do that or that you just hate having to work to kill VS MAXes now?

Every MAX, from all the factions, have their own unique ability. I don't get the point that comment.
  7. Messaiga

ZOE 2X Comet Max's are actually really annoying to NC Max's Aegis Shield because splash damage goes through and I think the Aegis Shield only has resists to small arms fire. Top it off that ZOE could let a VS Max to clip through the Aegis Shield. I think that the VS ZOE Max can also clip through a Lockdown TR Max as well which creates problems. Also if they fix the Falcon so that projectile velocity is actually at 100 Meters/Second we will also have a competitive AV platform to use in close quarters like the Fracture or Comet.
  8. Shockwave44

Are you saying I have completely stopped playing my other classes even though you say I'm a noob with the VS MAX?

All the MAXes have weaknesses, otherwise, I'd still be alive.

Why is this an issue all of a sudden? No one seemed to bat an eye when the NC ruled the biolabs. Also, the point of a MAX is to kill infantry.

Then why have MAXes in the first place?

Before, the VS MAX was nothing, a joke. Not so anymore.
    • Up x 1
  9. Shockwave44

That's not a ZOE problem, that's a coding problem.
  10. Shockwave44

I wonder how it feels to be wrong all the time...

Talk is cheap bud.
    • Up x 1
  11. Patrician

12. Talshere

Perhaps not but it completely debunks the OPs entire argument. If something needs to be situational to be balanced, T2 needs to be removed (No it cant shoot at infantry, but you have an LMG for that, specially designed explicitly for killing infantry, it is flat superior to all other HA launcher solutions), so does the Vanguard shield, because if at any point your taking fire, you should have it on, no if or buts, its just better, flat superior to all other options.
  13. variablez

If the Zoe gets nerfed then so should fractures, Strikers and the NC maxes weapons.
    the VS max has sucked so hard for so long, its a pleasant to be a VS max rushing now.
    Previously nothing but shotgun NC maxes and hundreds of over powered TR maxes.
    no sympathy from me, TR and NC can finally get a taste of what the VS have had to put up with since launch.
    I am rocking zoe until the wheels fall off.
    • Up x 2
  14. SharpeShooter

concussion does not make the ZOE any more vulnerable than any other when concussed! Simply press f to turn it off and you're full armor is restored when the concussion effect fades simple turn it back on and run away! Use your brain -_-
    • Up x 1
  15. Dragonblood

except that compared to lockdowned Max units, they have actually a chance to avoid concussion grenades.
    • Up x 1
  16. nitram1000

Kinda like we have to roll flares on EVERYTHING now because of your strikers?
    • Up x 3
  17. SharpeShooter

indeed if the ZOE max in question has open ground in front of it when he or she is concussed, then he can simply run forward blindly donging left and right! However if hes in a normal room he can simply press "f" turn the ability off, thus getting his full protective armor back and take the damage until the effect fades. There is no downside!

However, saying that I really can't complain even though the TR max (at least in my point of view) has never been OP, The VS max has always been the the runt of the litter when compared with the NC and our one! As such I hope the VS enjoys this ability when they can, because if the tables were turned we certainly would lol. I will just avoid pink things for the next month or so and let the derps die lol.
  18. SharpeShooter

everyone ran with flares awayway! I will stop using my striker (I never use it anyway really) and switch to my grounder and you run with an ejector seat or something and I will still blow your cylon raider up lol. Striker, grounder makes no difference really.
  19. Dragonblood

The only time I feel the advantage of lockdown against ZOE is when I am camping on a flight platform and shooting with fractures at ZOE Maxes at long distance.
  20. MajiinBuu

I don't use ZoE. With all this whining it must be good. I think I'll cert into it.